Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Jan 09, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi there,

I'm a PokerSchoolOnline member and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Good Luck!

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 04:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraCornelia View Post
Hi there,

I'm a PokerSchoolOnline member and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Good Luck!
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 05:44 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi there,
Can anyone help?
Good Luck!
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:18 PM
(#4)
I've participate to a Getting Started With Pokerstars live training sessions. What is the next step ?

Old
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 05:33 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I've participate to a Getting Started With Pokerstars live training sessions. What is the next step ?
Hi MaraCornelia,

We can see that you did attend the session today. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before?

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 07:16 PM
(#6)
Yes, the live training was usefull. I will attend to more others in the future.

What bet should I make on that flop if everybody was ckecked ?

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 12:32 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi MaraCornelia!

With A8s from the button, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since there are 4 limpers, I'll raise to 70.

I flop the nut flush and have an opp basically shove into me. When the others fold an it gets to me, I'm absolutely raising to put them all-in.

If the opps all check to me, I'd make my standard flop bet like I would with top pair (making it look like I'm trying to price out the opps from a flush draw). If there is 1 opp, I'd bet 1/2 pot. With 2 opps, I'll bet 2/3 pot. With 3 opps, I'll bet 3/4 pot and with 4+ opps I'll make a pot-sized bet. However, if there is a combo draw possible (straight and flush) then I will need to up these numbers.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 04:30 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi MaraCornelia!

With A8s from the button, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since there are 4 limpers, I'll raise to 70.

I flop the nut flush and have an opp basically shove into me. When the others fold an it gets to me, I'm absolutely raising to put them all-in.

If the opps all check to me, I'd make my standard flop bet like I would with top pair (making it look like I'm trying to price out the opps from a flush draw). If there is 1 opp, I'd bet 1/2 pot. With 2 opps, I'll bet 2/3 pot. With 3 opps, I'll bet 3/4 pot and with 4+ opps I'll make a pot-sized bet. However, if there is a combo draw possible (straight and flush) then I will need to up these numbers.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
ok, thank you for tips.

What is the next step I have to do ?

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 06:19 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
ok, thank you for tips.

What is the next step I have to do ?
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#10)
I passed the quiz.
Success Rate 87%

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 04:27 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I passed the quiz.
Success Rate 87%
Hi MaraCornelia,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 10:08 PM
(#12)

I played so bad.

Last edited by royalraise85; Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 07:25 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 03:04 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

I played so bad.
Hi MaraCornelia

Let's take a closer look and see where things went wrong in this hand. Preflop you have a great hand and great position. Raising to 8 with 1 limper looks spot on. Well done!

You get called by a guy with a deep stacked villain. Did you get a read on this guy, for example was he playing too many hands, and was he passive or aggressive?

The flop is ok for you since there isn't an A and the Q is definately in the villain's calling range. However, the board has two clubs so a flush draw is possible. The villain checks and we definately want to bet here. Normally, I would suggest about 70% to make chasing a draw unprofitable. Since the villain is deep stacked, you have a strong (but vulnerable) hand, I might go a bit more making it 15 or 16 cents.

The turn makes a flush if the villain is chasing. He checked again. A read would help us know if he is capable of slowplaying a flush, or if this is a sign of weakness. I would fire another bet as you did. Half the pot is fine, but I think you could go a bit smaller, perhaps 15 as well. If he doesnt have the flush, we don't want to scare him out of the hand if he has AQ for example.

The villain has been passive, just calling bets every street. Now on the river he wakes up and makes a large overbet of 1.38 into a pot of 83 cents. This pattern of calling early streets, then making a large bet or raise on the turn or river is usually a tell of a very strong hand. You have an overpair, but it is "just a pair". Folding is the only good option here. Risking our whole stack is not worth it.

Not folding to his river bet was your only mistake in the hand. However, one mistake can be costly. Learning to get away from big one pair hands like AA and KK is an important lesson. The key is to recognize the call call large bet pattern mentioned above.

Don't sweat the results here. Getting away from big hands takes time to learn. If you look at my blog, you will see I am still prioritizing this myself

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

PS: Try to play on tables that where all the chairs are filled. It is easier to play. You can adjust the Filter settings from the Holdem Lobby to only show tables with 8 players. That is what I do.

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 07:24 PM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello MaraCornelia,

You're doing great! Take onboard the feedback Roland left for you above

Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com