Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

bad turn lead? 2nl6max

Old
bad turn lead? 2nl6max - Wed Jan 09, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
played a little last night and thought i would post the big pots from this roughly 45 hand session.

This hand was my 11th vs this opponent.

Some info on the opponent:

-Of the previous 10 hands 8 of the were HU. I had won 6 of the 8 heads-up hands. He was playing too tight. I stole his BB with the best hand twice and he folded his bttn twice over the first seven hands.

-The 1st time we got to showdown: HU he raised 3x bttn w/ A5ss and I called in BB w/ 87dd, on 6dTd337, the hand checked to showdown and I won.

-The 2nd time we got to showdown was our 9th together and for the first time play was 3 handed: 3handed I raised 3x bttn w/ 76o and he clled sb w/ Q9cc, on 8c3d5cKd5 the hand checked to river and he won.

I won the money, but I wonder, is my turn lead optimal?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Last edited by rule110; Thu Jan 10, 2013 at 03:45 AM..

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 05:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi rule,

given the description of villain it seems like he is very passive postflop and checksdown hands while not bluffing too much.

That being said I actually like your turnlead since villain might checkback a scared Ax because of the flush getting there.

Now that he raises I feel we may be beat here some of the time, but then again he might be shoving his short rest in on 2 pair or a set too, so calling seems fine given the odds.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com