Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl6max HU, K5dd calls small 3bet preflop in postition

Old
2nl6max HU, K5dd calls small 3bet preflop in postition - Wed Jan 09, 2013, 07:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
This hand was our 23rd hand together. Our 9th to 15th together were 3 handed, all the rest were HU.

-he had seen me play 12 of 23 hands

-I had won 13 of 23 hands, and I had won 5 uncontested.

-He was too tight HU.

How would you play this hand vs this player?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 05:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Given stacksizes the call preflop is kinda close, but since you are suited and have position it is probably ok.

Postflop your turnraise did work out fine, but I would prefer just calling turn. Since villain checked flop it looks a lot like he has completely missed and will start bluffing on the turn once you check it back.

You can still get the money in on a favorable river if you like so there is no real need to raise the turn since I feel it might fold out too many worse hands here.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com