Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll bulider

Old
bankroll bulider - Thu Jan 10, 2013, 04:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Read more: Example of a Bankroll Builder Thread - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2HZ23sYhW

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 05:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobian30 View Post
Hi there,
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Can anyone help?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 11:19 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi jacobian30,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
2 5 in hand and 3 3 2 on flop - Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:50 AM
(#4)

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:36 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi jacobian30!

With 25s, there is a limp and then me on the button. The majority of the time, I'm going to fold a pretty bad hand here, but the one type of situation where I'd play it is if I think the opps are going to be tight and passive and would fold. In this situation, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper and raise to 8. I'm not going to call behind here, as I do not want to be in a big multi-way pot with a bad hand.

The flop gives me the bottom part of 2 pair. I get a very small bet from the first opp that is called by the next two opps (bet sizes on or after the flop should be made as a % of the pot, not based on the blind). With 3 opps, since I have no clue where I'm at in the hand due to calling preflop, I'm going to raise here to find out. Due to having three opps in the hand, I'm going make a 3/4 pot raise here, to 15.

Two opps call and I now have the bottom full house and the first opp that min bet before now leads into me for over 2X the pot. This type of bet just screams 'The Nuts' to me, so even though I have a full house, I'm folding. When a very passive player makes a very large bet, it's almost always going to be done with a big made hand. Here, they would most likely only do that with a 3, which has me beat and since I'd only have 1 out to hit quads, I need to muck.

This hand is a good example of why I want to raise preflop, as an opp with 38o should be mucking to a raise, but may try to see a cheap flop into an un-raised pot, especially from the blind.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi jacobian30!

Make sure that you attend the Getting Started live training session, as this will need to be done with the quiz in order to obtain the buy-in.

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM..

Old
money problem - Fri Jan 18, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#7)
Hey hii,

I did all the things as you said but I didn't received even a single money to play real game tournaments. As mentioned on the website the starting 2$ will be transfer when i will complete the course. But nothing is done. Kindly have a look at it and please reply me ASAP.

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi jacobian30!

As per my previous post, it states to let us know here when you've passed it (if you don't, we don't know that you did and won't know to verify it and can't credit you for it).

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Regarding Buy-in - Sat Jan 19, 2013, 06:04 AM
(#9)
Hii

I got my first buy but what about the other 3 buy-in till ??
I have only 0.38$ left in my cashier. Please give me 2 more buy-in as i have completed that cassh-game quiz and also attended Getting start and betting size training session.

Thanks

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 11:57 AM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi jacobian30!

That won't happen until you finish each step in the process. You did get your first buy-in, but you have not posted any hands that you had problems with or lost the buy-in with. This is the first step of many to earning the next buy-in and there are multiple steps required for earning each of them.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Jan 19, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#11)
hii

Can you please tell me the proper order what i have to do to get next buy-in ??

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi jacobian30!

The first step is to post the hands that you had problems with or lost the first buy-in with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 06:58 PM
(#13)
Hii

Actually I forgot to save hand in which i lost. Can you please tell me any another way to sort this thing. I have only 0.8$ left in my account. So i can't play in any game, otherwise i will show my hand to you.

Thanks !!

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 07:57 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi jacobian301

This step must be done. You can request the hands from in the client. Requests, then Hand History. They will then be e-mailed to you.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Jan 24, 2013, 02:46 AM
(#15)
Hii

Please have a look at my hand in which i lost and please also tell me what to do next fut**** to get another buy-in.
Thanks !!

PokerStars Hand #92599383951: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2013/01/19 3:57:12 ET
Table 'Gudy IV' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: infee1 ($2.18 in chips)
Seat 2: jacobian30 ($0.52 in chips)
Seat 3: gate_019 ($1.53 in chips)
Seat 4: BRAT PIDD ($0.90 in chips)
Seat 5: PU5KA ($2.06 in chips)
Seat 6: 4ika4 ($1.18 in chips)
Seat 8: L3rKa2012 ($0.77 in chips)
BRAT PIDD: posts small blind $0.01
PU5KA: posts big blind $0.02
milord1993: sits out
gollomense: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jacobian30 [9c 9h]
4ika4: folds
L3rKa2012: raises $0.06 to $0.08
infee1: folds
jacobian30: calls $0.08
gate_019: folds
BRAT PIDD: folds
PU5KA: folds
*** FLOP *** [7d 5s 5h]
L3rKa2012: bets $0.12
jacobian30: calls $0.12
*** TURN *** [7d 5s 5h] [6c]
L3rKa2012: bets $0.22
jacobian30: calls $0.22
*** RIVER *** [7d 5s 5h 6c] [4d]
L3rKa2012: bets $0.12
jacobian30: calls $0.10 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($0.02) returned to L3rKa2012
*** SHOW DOWN ***
L3rKa2012: shows [Qs Qc] (two pair, Queens and Fives)
jacobian30: shows [9c 9h] (two pair, Nines and Fives)
L3rKa2012 collected $1.03 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1.07 | Rake $0.04
Board [7d 5s 5h 6c 4d]
Seat 1: infee1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: jacobian30 showed [9c 9h] and lost with two pair, Nines and Fives
Seat 3: gate_019 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: BRAT PIDD (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: PU5KA (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: 4ika4 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: L3rKa2012 showed [Qs Qc] and won ($1.03) with two pair, Queens and Fives

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 05:56 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi,

In future if you could please use the hand replayer to post hands. I've done this one for you and will ask one of the Hand Analysers to look at it for you.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 08:04 AM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi,

In future if you could please use the hand replayer to post hands. I've done this one for you and will ask one of the Hand Analysers to look at it for you.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
Hi jacobian30

Before we look at your hand, I have a question. Did you buy in for the maximum $2.00 (100BB)? If not, I suggest doing so in the future. Your stack size has a lot to do with how to play a hand and which hands to play. Your 99 hand is an example of this. Let's take a closer look.

Calling preflop with a pocket pair and position on the raiser can normally be fine. You hope to flop a set or check-fold the hand. You risk a little for a potentially very large reward. In this spot though, you only have 52 cents in your stack. This means that even if you double up, you are not winning more than 26bb. The times you miss a set and have to fold will cost more than you are winning. It also means that you are risking a larger portion of your stack.

Having a short stack limits your hand range and your options. You need a deeper stack to play prospective hands such as medium pairs, suited connectors and Axs with a weak kicker.

When you are short stacked your best option is to always open aggressively with a raise and often being prepared to commit with the hand you are playing.

In this spot, a read would help tremendously. If the villain was laggy, playing too many hands, then I would suggest reraising him all in. Normally you want to reraise 3x, but here that would be half your stack. So, just keep it simple and move all in.

If the villain was tight, or an unknown, then I would just fold the hand. It would be better to wait for a spot where you can open raise from late postion. This would give you initiative in the hand and often win you the blinds.

As played, you want to plan ahead in situations like this. If you intend on calling every street, then it is much better to be the aggressor yourself since the villain might fold. If you intend to fold to a later raise, then it is better to fold on the flop rather than investing more money.

Without a read, I think folding preflop would have been best. Raising might be ok, but calling with a short stack risks too much of our stack. Creates a spot where we more than likely will have to fold on the flop. Nearly half the deck is overcards to our 99 here. All of these are scare cards.

In general, I lean towards being cautious in spots that are unclear.

I hope this helps!

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 06:49 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder - Fri Jan 25, 2013, 12:32 PM
(#19)
Hii

I have attended that bet sizing session, now what to do next ??

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 06:26 PM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobian30 View Post
Hii

I have attended that bet sizing session, now what to do next ??
Hi jacobian30,

I don't see you on the list of attendees for last nights or todays 'Bet Sizing' sessions.

You will need to attend this session again in order to move on in the promotion.

Let me know as soon as you have attended the 'Bet Sizing' session.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com