Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Kicking Goals in 2013

Old
Kicking Goals in 2013 - Thu Jan 10, 2013, 06:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
SilverStar
Hey guys here are my goals for the year ahead!
First and formost AVOID the TILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have enjoyed success at the tables but always seem to blow it soon after. In 2013 i plan to avoid this by playing more limit holdem!
I wish to maintain my bankroll and keep it in profit.(this goal will be difficult as im already around $30 negative! lol)
I want to avoid bursting before the "bubble" in tourneys.
i want to improve my standings in the POKERSCHOOL leagues and generally play more consistantly good poker!
all feedback is appreciated!
Cheers B.p

I wish to lock this in a my TIME VAULT goals for 2013

Last edited by b.p.rabbit; Tue Jan 29, 2013 at 04:53 AM.. Reason: spelling errors

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 06:30 PM
(#2)
SilverStar
Just played in my first pso legue freeroll since posting. 4000/5500. damn! lol in big blind with K4 small blind calls. flop K34 i check S/B raises $210 i push all in S/B shows AK, A on turn and my tourneys over!

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 09:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi b.p.rabbit,

a good goal.

how will you avoid going on tilt?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 11, 2013, 10:12 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 05:51 PM
(#5)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Hi b.p.rabbit,

a good goal.

how will you avoid going on tilt?

Grade b
.....Harsh tranquilizers mainly.....LOL
nah i think the main thing is to stay at my bankrolls levels, and playing mainly limit hold em makes it a lot eaiser to avoid blowing your whole roll on three or four bad decisions!
Cheers for the message!
Take it easy......or easily take it!
B.p

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 07:04 PM
(#6)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser
hey Raiser,
Im pretty sure ive already written about my challenge in the blog section......is this it?
Kicking goals in 2013
looking to create discussion and record my goals
By: b.p.rabbit
Create post Comments
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sort by: Date / views / Comments /sun/
13still trying to get a kick!
By: b.p.rabbit @ 23:24 / Posted In: Kicking goals in 2013
Well the weekend has come and gone and i think it might be time to reflect on my goals............................................. ... i have had a little success in the P...
Read More / 22 / Comment (0)/thu/
10Kicking Goals in 2013
By: b.p.rabbit @ 23:05 / Posted In: Kicking goals in 2013
My goals this year are to maintain my bankroll, to avoid bursting befor the "bubble" in tournies, to improve my standings in the POKERSCHOOL legues and lastly and most imp...
Read More / 43 / Comment (0)/thu/
10Stratergy.
By: b.p.rabbit @ 06:24 / Posted In

Read more: Kicking goals in 2013 - Poker School Online Blog http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/my/posts#ixzz2Hzv5qBjK
cheers,B.p

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 04:12 PM
(#7)
SilverStar
o.k ill start my timevault challenge.....now! - Sat Jan 19, 2013, 06:17 AM (#1)

b.p.rabbit
Oh man, just like a new years resolution my goals are further away now than when i made them! It's like writing them down and making them concrete has made them unattainable!

I invested about 5 times my normal bankroll this week and it has cost me dearly! When i first invested i put down $40. Of the $40, i bought a $27 entry ticket into TCOOP 1 and took the rest onto a .25/.50 limit table.

Buying the TCOOP ticket was a bad idea it was 4am, i had just woken up and hadn't had my coffee yet! QJ suited first hand.....was raised 100 in big blind, i called, flop came QJ4 rainbow was raised 100 pushed all in, opponent shows AQ, A came on river and tourney over! Moral of the story is have a coffee before doing anything!

i blew the remaing $13 on the limit table then put another $30 in the bankroll. I played at the same table for nearly 2 hours grinding until impatince got the better of me and i blew it again! Now i don't know what i was doing but i put another $40 on and went to play heads up for awhile! I grew a $20 stack to $137. And this is where it gets ugly! I blew it again and this time it has cost me more than money! Its not the cash but considering i usually put 10-20 dollars onto my account every 1-2 weeks that could have kept me in poker for nearly 2 months!

I dont know if its greed, brain farts or some form of autism or o.c.d, but i am continually repeating this sort of cycle... Every now and then i get into a session where i cant seem to lose, my bluffs are working, im hitting almost 2 thirds of the time............................then comes the change. I start to lose and i really struggle to change my style of play. At the beggining of a session my play style is usually tight and aggressive (unless i havent had my coffee yet) as play deepens i will usually get a little more passive and loosen up a bit. The more i seem to win the looser i seem to get until it gets to the point where my style of play is actually begining to make me lose and i cant seem to get into that tight aggresive mode again. Now i dont know if I should be spending less time in a session or running as soon as ive say doubled my starting stack but right now my aim is to study the bankroll management section VERY VERY HARD!

WOW it feels good to TALK about it, Its the DOING that gets me.......LOL

Well so far every goal ive made has become further away than ever! Every cloud has a silver lining though and this one is its only January!

So Ive decided to begin the journey to reach my goals, startiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing....................... .................................NOW!

Read more: o.k ill start my timevault challenge.....now! - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2J7OHf34s

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 04:16 PM
(#8)
SilverStar
Oops i did it again! - Mon Jan 21, 2013, 11:24 PM (#1)

b.p.rabbit
ive got that AWESOME (lol Grade B, Sorry John didnt mean to offend!) britney spears song stuck in my head! I know you guys are probably thinking................"Man this guy sounds like hes stuck in a loop!"
And well you would be right!
After reading the section on varience and upswings and downswings. I armed myself with the starting hand chart and made a foray into the world of CAP .25/50 no imit games.
Now i hear you say "when is this guy gonna learn his lesson? playing above b/r limits will get you nowhere!"
I had just reread the B/R section and decided i felt comfortable playing this level and wasnt going to spend more than i could afford!
I took $10 onto a table and quickly turned my initial $20 deposit into $60. After grinding for about 2hrs and not going up or down i decided to go play some .25/.50 heads up.
i won another $40 in about 10 mins! I should have bailed then and there! but instead decided i would feel comfortable playing .50/1 heads up............this quickly started feeling very UNcomfortable!
I lost half my bankroll in abot 15mins so decided to go back to the CAP games. My upswing had turned into an avalanche of gigantic proportions! after another hour i was down to $13 lol (i sent the old man $10 so it wasnt all lost!)
Well its time to start again.
Back to .1/.2c tables!
See you out there guys, B.p

Read more: Oops i did it again! - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2J7PcCkPk

Last edited by b.p.rabbit; Tue Jan 29, 2013 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: offensive language......Appologies

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 04:19 PM
(#9)
SilverStar
Oh no, i foled Quads! - Yesterday, 11:53 PM (#1)

b.p.rabbit
Well after 3 disasterous starts this year i decided to really knuckle down and start playing some tight poker. I had become very frustrated with myself and my poker game in general.

It was around this time i noticed the "pair your FULL TILT account" button in the lobby. My first online poker experience was with this site and the experience was ugly! The reason being i had never really played serious or online poker before! So i thought this might be a good chance to start afresh with my pokerschool learnings.

I deposited $12 and took half across to my full tilt account. I found the tables there to be extremely loose! i quickly had my starting stack up to $30 playng .02/.05c tables.

While i had adjusted my style of play quite well i found myself being less assertive at the tables. I felt like i wasnt playing with as much conviction or confidence as before. I feel these will come back over time, i just need to keep at it! I think its sort of like a golf swing, its a lot harder to unlearn bad habits than to learn the right way from scratch. One of the biggest contributing factors to this is watching hands that i would normally play like 45 suited or j8 etc., turn into monsters and Im not there to take the chips! I start thinking ive missed my opportunity and start wanting to play weaker hands again, but i know if i stay strong and stick to my guns ill end up ahead anyway!( i will post a couple of these hands in the forum later)

I ended up repeating my cardinal sin again and taking my $30 onto the .25/.50c heads up tables and blew it! But because of this i have decided to stick to freerolls and fpp satelites for a couple of weeks and reckon thats one way of garanteeing my bankroll wont go backwards for at least 2 weeks! (i just finished a depositers freeroll and im already up a whopping .25c!)

Anyway guys its Australia Day today so im gonna have a couple of cold ones and watch the fireworks tonight!

Enjoy the weekend and take it easy or eaily take it!

B.p

Read more: Oh no, i foled Quads! - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2J7QS3DEA

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 05:05 PM
(#10)
SilverStar
Well i have put all my posts under one heading now! hope im still eligible for the comp. but im not really that stresed! Im just enjoying the chance to have an outlet to vent!

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 05:29 AM
(#11)
SilverStar
Well after a full on weekend i have a balance of 0 again! I have been playing freerolls on poker stars and fulltilt for nearly three days straight, since there seems to always be one happening between the 2 sites!
have taken out 5 satelites and cashed once in a depositers freeroll (.25c!)
A friend of mine once said "Pros dont play many hands". now i get the philosophy of quality over quantity and after reading a lot of threads Im starting to think that its more about the folds than the cards played!
I reckon my game has improved tenfold since joining this promo just from reading about others experiences!
I think im reading players well but im continually having to prove myself right! its like ive got aces and i know the guy has a set but i end up playing the hand out just to see if i was right! this sort of behaviour is more common when the tilt sets in but can happen anytime and even start off a tilt!
I think i have to have more faith in my decision making and start listening to myelf!("hello me meet the real me!" starting to sound a bit schitzo)
Playing all these freerolls has been good for my game as ive been able to relax a lot more and feel comfortable but im wondering if this will transfer across to my cash game?
anyway just finished a skill league tourney 550/9500 my best performance so far this year (prob could have sat out till the bubble but didnt and ended up proving myself right again with AQ vs AK lol)
well guys take it easy or easily take it!
cheers b.p

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:10 PM
(#12)
SilverStar
just thought id add a quick note to post..........................cuz i like being up the top of the page! lol

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:17 PM
(#13)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.p.rabbit View Post
Well after a full on weekend i have a balance of 0 again! I have been playing freerolls on poker stars and fulltilt for nearly three days straight, since there seems to always be one happening between the 2 sites!
have taken out 5 satelites and cashed once in a depositers freeroll (.25c!)
A friend of mine once said "Pros dont play many hands". now i get the philosophy of quality over quantity and after reading a lot of threads Im starting to think that its more about the folds than the cards played!
I reckon my game has improved tenfold since joining this promo just from reading about others experiences!
I think im reading players well but im continually having to prove myself right! its like ive got aces and i know the guy has a set but i end up playing the hand out just to see if i was right! this sort of behaviour is more common when the tilt sets in but can happen anytime and even start off a tilt!
I think i have to have more faith in my decision making and start listening to myelf!("hello me meet the real me!" starting to sound a bit schitzo)
Playing all these freerolls has been good for my game as ive been able to relax a lot more and feel comfortable but im wondering if this will transfer across to my cash game?
anyway just finished a skill league tourney 550/9500 my best performance so far this year (prob could have sat out till the bubble but didnt and ended up proving myself right again with AQ vs AK lol)
well guys take it easy or easily take it!
cheers b.p

Good to see you feel you are learning don't forget to check out the video library

Maybe start with this one
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...g-it-Up-2NL-FR

Good luck

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 04:29 PM
(#14)
SilverStar
Thanx B!

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 03:41 AM
(#15)
SilverStar
Its the rabbit here, coming to ya live from his bedroom in australia!!!!!!!!!!

it really has been an interesting weekend. i have been tournying for 12-16hrs a day for 3 straight days! All but one of these have been freerolls! I have had mixed results but on the whole am quite pleased with my efforts! i came 967/25000 depositor freeroll for .40c, 10/5463 in a fulltilt points tourney for $3.75 tourney money (these were played at the same time), 900/9867 depositor freeroll for .30c,, 1109/12734 depositor freeroll for .25c and 550/9000 in a pokerschool league freeroll. (my best result this year) I also took out 5 satellites for tickets on fulltilt in real money tourneys. Have played in 1 so far and didnt get a good result.

I"m sure i passed the MTT quiz last year and after playing so many the last few days i thought id take a re-test without reading any of the associated literature just cuz i was feeling pretty confident...............4/20 questions correct LMFAO Im lucky i had any success at all. But i reckon this just re-enforces the importance of regularly reminding myself of the fundamentals of the game! It just shows me once again the role poker school has played in me becoming a better player! To every one involved in this site THANK YOU! If i ever win a major your all invited and the milkybars are on me! (no i dont need a straw with that! ....suc suc)

I was reading a blog by flix on the power of positive thinking and ways of avoiding negative thoughts. Now you might think this sounds like a bunch of new aged crap but its actually about taking responsibility for yourself and your actions and not letting yourself blame the cards/donks for leaks and weakness' in your own game. I found it really helpful and very insightful.i reckon its gonna help with tilt issues

Anyway feels good to put a POSITIVE spin on things for a change!

as always, take it easy or easily take it!

B.p

heres a link to flixs post PMA - Positive Mental Attitude!
By: PSO-xflixx @ 14:27 / Posted In: xflixx' Poker Blog

Read more: Blogs – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs#ixzz2JG1WA4K9

Read more: Positivest (b.p.rabbit) – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...#ixzz2JG2aruHg

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 11:00 PM
(#16)
SilverStar

Hey guys I just bought a car and the number plates say "F1SHY" LMAO
dont know if the pic will come up i tried anyway
Now i can take my table image with me everywhere i go!

Last edited by b.p.rabbit; Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: insert picture

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:57 AM
(#17)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
lol! awesome plate!

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:30 PM
(#18)
SilverStar
Yeah lol and considering i work with seafood its pretty apt!

Old
My First Hand/Building a character - Wed Jan 30, 2013, 01:47 AM
(#19)
SilverStar

I Like to lose the first hand i play and i enjoy showing a very fishy side to myself!
This is the first hand in a session i will post the following 6 hands during the week.

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 02:04 AM
(#20)
SilverStar
http://Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com