Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Dealing with All-in in early hands

Old
Dealing with All-in in early hands - Sat Jan 12, 2013, 06:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
I played in few turnaments now and especialy in free rolles I have problem with dealing with players who will all-in every single hand at the begining. Obviously I know there is no way they have anything good but on the other hand I don't want to risk calling it unless I have a pocket pair to make sure I don't loos to anything stupid.

I was trying to just fold all the time untill somebody else looses patience and calls the all-in but it can go like that for a good 15 to 20 minutes and by the time villain is out I am so much behind in stack size that I am struggling in long term game.

Any ideas? Or should I just risk it and call with any high cards hoping to doule the stack with King high or something?

Old
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 07:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Feniks1984PL!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you more familiar with many of the options that PSO has to offer.

For me, the way that I deal with the maniacs is that I'm going to play much tighter and then go after them with my premium hands. Patience is a huge key in dealing with them, as I only want to be playing made hands against them, not playing bingo with them..

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 05:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Thank you for your help. I will work on my patience and let others play gamble with them.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com