Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom Good Bluff Spot?

Old
25NL Zoom Good Bluff Spot? - Sun Jan 13, 2013, 03:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain is a reg, 22/19, AF:6.8 over 343 hands. BTN Stl: 69%(29), F3B: 71%(7), Flop raise Cbet: 33%(6), Flop FCB: 67%(6)

Preflop I 3-bet light cos of his high BTN Stl%, hoping he'll fold. Called his flop raise thinking about implied odds.

I tanked a long time before calling. I put him 2-pairs KJ or a set JJ to do so, could be on AQ, AT of spades flush draw as well.

Turn comes a spade. When he bets <1/2 pot, I had the temptation to shove, hoping to fold better like 2 pairs or a set, if not we still have outs. Of course we'll be dominated by flushes which completed.

Another alternative will be to lead 1/2 pot as a bluff, repping the flush, and fold to a raise.

Is this a +EV spot to take either one of the actions?

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 07:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Preflop is somewhat shaky with a hand like that, since you will be in bad spots OOP when villain calls. He does have a reasonably high Fto3Bet, but you are also sitting in the BB getting great odds for an action-closing call which I would prefer more here with that hand.

As played I think you can safely fold flop since your draw will probably not perform too well against a raising range here. You are dominated by all the flushdraws and combodraws he could be raising here and your implied odds aren't great being OOP on a 2 flush board when you dont draw to the nuts. Also, I dont see too much foldequity working in your favor since I feel that he will also be stacking off with his draws here once he raises.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com