Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom River Raised

Old
25NL Zoom River Raised - Sun Jan 13, 2013, 05:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain's a reg, 22/15, AF: 1.9 over 497 hands. Flop FCB: 45%(22), Turn FCB: 14%(7), River FCB: 33%(3), River raise Cbet: 33%(3).

I understand that after we bet 3 streets and get raised, we're almost never good unless we hold the nuts. Wonder to how much an extent this applies? What should we do OTR?

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 02:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Your perceived range should look very strong here since you barrel away on a 4-straight/paired board. Since you block 5x combos there aren't too many straights in villains riverrange anyway that you could hope to be splitting against.

When he calls you down and shoves river he could of course potentially be turning a pair or a busted FD into a bluff and hope to make you fold a bigger overpair, but I doubt it since some of his flushdraws/combodraws will sometimes raise flop. However, the same might be true for sets and 2 pair - so it is kind of tough for him to get to the river with fullhouses unless he has been slowplaying a big hand from the flop.

Still, without any specific reads that he is capable of turning a made hand into a bluff here I would go with the assumption that people are more likely to slowplay huge hands than to bluffraise river and fold until I pick up more reads.

Live Trainer

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 11:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks Felix! That assumption certainly held true for this hand. He slowplayed 66, I gotta learn to find my Fold BTN.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com