Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Time Vault Challenge - Journey to Success

Old
Lightbulb
Time Vault Challenge - Journey to Success - Sun Jan 13, 2013, 06:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
For those of you that are not aware, I am currently running a long-term stake with my PSO Friend and defacto Coach, Marvin.

We have various goals regarding Bankroll and improving our skill level so to get involved with this promotion seems a good idea.

Here is the basics of it.

I have decided that my style of play allows for a Variance of 50x Turbo and 20x Standard speed games. Due to that, I am creating a Progress Plan accounting for this Variance and whilst this may change as time and Bankroll improves, typically I will aim to stick at this.

Here is my plan

All games to be played over a set of 10 or 20. This varies depending on the time I can spend each night and if I feel I have more time to spend, I may run 20 instead of 10, but either way this will be outlined from the start of each run.

During each run I will permit myself as many MTTs as I choose (although i don't see that being a large amount, perhaps a couple per day) providing they are equal or less than the cost of my standard buy-in value

IE : If i am playing $1.50 games, I can enter $1.10 games but not $2.20 games

During my games I will report my progress on this Thread as well as my Blog. This progress will be a summary of each game (including the buy-in, game size, placing and prize) as well as a chart for the progress of the entire day.

If i run 60 games in a day or 6, either way they will all be summarized ONCE in one post.

I will also select one game before it starts, good or bad the results will be posted. I will skip over any obvious folds but any starting hands that are worth mentioning, should i play them or not will be included. This will be posted to my blog, so anyone reading this thread can check out the game summary (including hand examples if available) in my blog and anyone reading the blog can come to this thread and see my overall progress.

As a result, unless something comes up, I will be creating a thread here in the forum and another blog post each day I play.

Also, I will try and come up with some kind of Learning Point to take from each day I play. Did i make a bad play in one of my games? Or a really good one? Did I find there was something interesting to be mentioned about the play of myself or an opponent? - I am sure there is a short story that can be had from my games and i will pick something to talk about and include it in my blog along side my daily game.

The idea of the structure below is that once i hit the top number in the range, I can begin to play the other games, and I give myself until I hit the bottom number in the range before I need to revert.

NOTE : If i hit $0, I will either try to deposit, play Freerolls until I can get it back up again or request a re-stake from my investor. I will not grind the 25c games anymore, far too painful!

Here is the structure for my games
Bankroll = $25 to start playing, downgrade = $N/A, upgrade = $50
Game = 50c - 45-man Turbo games

Bankroll = $50 to start playing, downgrade = $25, upgrade = $75
Game = A mix of $1 90-man Turbo games and $1.50 45-man Turbo/50c 45-man Turbo. The idea is to create an aggregate buy-in of $1 so for every 50c game I play, I can play a $1.50 game, balancing out to $1

Bankroll = $75 to start playing, downgrade = $50, upgrade = $125
Game = $1.50 45-man Turbo games

Bankroll = $125 to start playing, downgrade = $75, upgrade = $175
Game = $2.50 180-man Turbo games

Bankroll = $175 to start playing, downgrade = $125, upgrade = $350
Game = $3.50 45-man Turbo games

Bankroll =
$300 to start playing, downgrade = $175, upgrade = $400
Game = $7.00 45-man Turbo games

Bankroll = $400 to start playing, downgrade = $350, upgrade = $750
Game = $8.00 180-man Turbo games

Bankroll = $750 to start playing, downgrade = $400, upgrade = $1500
Game = $15.00 45-man Turbo games

Bankroll =
$1500 to start playing, downgrade = $750, upgrade = $N/A
Game = $30.00 45-man Turbo games

If I hit $1500 I will no doubt have to come up with another plan, for the moment though this is a way off and may not hit this for a good while yet!

Wish me luck, I intend to start doing this on Monday next week and will aim to play at least once per day, providing updates accordingly. Aside from the selected "Game of the Day", I won't be posting Hand-Examples or summaries of each game, just the results.

Thanks and GL at the tables

Last edited by baud2death; Sun Jan 13, 2013 at 07:07 AM..

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 07:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
Good Luck Baud

Nice Goal and definitely very achievable

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:38 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Sounds like a plan

Good luck in the Pokercast game later BTW.

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 11:44 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
Sounds like a plan

Good luck in the Pokercast game later BTW.
Yeah to you too... hopefuly i wont beat you about like a pinyata! this time

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 06:34 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 06:42 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
I did write a blog post : http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=39390

Thats cool right?

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 06:45 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baud2death View Post
I did write a blog post : http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=39390

Thats cool right?
Perfect!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com