Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

how can it be ???

Old
Angry
how can it be ??? - Sun Jan 13, 2013, 06:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
something is not feel right to me, will some one please tell
me how can it be that players in the "open pokerschoolonlie league" play all the tournaments every day for all month ????

the tournaments takes place every 4 hours so there is 6 tournaments for 24 hours so.. you telling me People here dont go to sleep for a month ?? sitting all day for allmost 24 hours
every day ?? that is not real!!

the players that play this tournaments are Usually amateurs like me ( the tournaments are freerolls after all ).

i think someone here should check it out, something is definitely not legit with those player that are playing allmost all the tournaments every day !!!

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 06:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
easy a lot people just register themself and sit out. they still get points for participation.

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 08:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
You don't get any points, just for participation, like they do in the ukipt leagues.

And the sitting out gambit, will only work for the first few days, after that your finishing position for positive points becomes higher than can be achieved by sitting out the whole tourney.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:59 AM
(#4)
well i think that next month they need to change the rules.
if we realy want to disable the advantage of this players that
are cheating by using pokerbots programs, the administrators must do something about it... and it realy easy :
we can still have 6 tournaments in 24h but it must be limited
for 3 tournaments for each player ( the players will have the option to choose only 3 from the 6 ).

what do you think about it ?
i realy want to hear this forum moderators also.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 06:56 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barash View Post
i realy want to hear this forum moderators also.[/B]
Hi barash,

Most moderators here are also players in the leagues and do not have any say in how the leagues are structured nor can they change they way that the leagues are structured.

The best advice I can give you is to email ideas@mypokerschoolonline.com with your suggestion and someone from PokerStars will be able to assist you further.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 07:15 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by barash View Post
something is not feel right to me, will some one please tell
me how can it be that players in the "open pokerschoolonlie league" play all the tournaments every day for all month ????

the tournaments takes place every 4 hours so there is 6 tournaments for 24 hours so.. you telling me People here dont go to sleep for a month ?? sitting all day for allmost 24 hours
every day ?? that is not real!!

the players that play this tournaments are Usually amateurs like me ( the tournaments are freerolls after all ).

i think someone here should check it out, something is definitely not legit with those player that are playing allmost all the tournaments every day !!!

HI barash, yes some players sit out, maybe some of them have stand ins,
but none of it matters.

Play your game and in the ones you do get time to participate, just make sure you get good finishes, and the deeper points will take you up the league regardless how many you play, as there is minus points for finishing early as such.

Yes I admit the league is boring and frustrating as hell, and many people waste their time in them as no vpps so very little payout.

But the practice is worth more than value of money you win.

10,000 runners, if you can regular hit top 1000-1500 players, that's a sign that you are ready for real cash games as 45 mans etc, you will find easy as there is less variance due to less players.

And your patience will be at a stage that tilt does not exist.

Do not focus on the trivial things, focus on what counts, and that is your decisions and not to worry about whether a person is a possible bot, or whether a person as a stand in, as it does not matter as it is a game of skill, and skills prevail in the long term.

The only way to cheat on poker is to play at the same table with your co conspirators, but watch the security radar flash, as this will be picked up on instant.

Do not worry, it would be harder for them to cheat than its worth and easily detectable,

Let them sit out, let them play half asleep, that is what you want, this makes it easier rather than harder.

good luck and i hope you can find your calm and not think about the trivial things as this as no relevance.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 08:03 AM
(#7)
thank you very much for your reaspond holdemace486 i realy loved what you had to say, and i will try to implement them.

and also thank you royalraise85 for your reaspond and for the email you gave me.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:09 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
You don't get any points, just for participation, like they do in the ukipt leagues.

And the sitting out gambit, will only work for the first few days, after that your finishing position for positive points becomes higher than can be achieved by sitting out the whole tourney.
You're wrong about this, Bill, we had a member sit out for the entire month (without timing out). I'm not sure how many games, but the player earned a ticket to the Premier league.

You can't win any major prizes, but you can get to the money just by signing up and sitting out.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:10 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
HI barash, yes some players sit out, maybe some of them have stand ins,
but none of it matters.

Play your game and in the ones you do get time to participate, just make sure you get good finishes, and the deeper points will take you up the league regardless how many you play, as there is minus points for finishing early as such.

Yes I admit the league is boring and frustrating as hell, and many people waste their time in them as no vpps so very little payout.

But the practice is worth more than value of money you win.

10,000 runners, if you can regular hit top 1000-1500 players, that's a sign that you are ready for real cash games as 45 mans etc, you will find easy as there is less variance due to less players.

And your patience will be at a stage that tilt does not exist.

Do not focus on the trivial things, focus on what counts, and that is your decisions and not to worry about whether a person is a possible bot, or whether a person as a stand in, as it does not matter as it is a game of skill, and skills prevail in the long term.

The only way to cheat on poker is to play at the same table with your co conspirators, but watch the security radar flash, as this will be picked up on instant.

Do not worry, it would be harder for them to cheat than its worth and easily detectable,

Let them sit out, let them play half asleep, that is what you want, this makes it easier rather than harder.

good luck and i hope you can find your calm and not think about the trivial things as this as no relevance.

Good post mostly holdem.

One part I disagree with you (as does the Pokerstars TOS by the way...) is about your "the only way to cheat at poker..." statement.

IF players are indeed using bot programs or having more than one person play on the same account then they're in clear violation of the TOS and should be summarily punished and/or banned.

Under the old PSO Skill League parameters I always believed that it was possible to play all or nearly all of the games. Knew peeps who did so.

This Open League schedule though...no effing way IMO. YES they could be working a sleep schedule to just reg in many of the games and sit out,then play others...that's possible,I honestly fail to see the point,but hey...it takes all sorts.

But actually PLAY all of the games? Uh uh,that's at least 2 peeps working the same account or a bot program.

Stars needs to do something about this IMO,unless the money derived from penny ante players who would engage in this for such meager rewards is worth more to them than their reputation.

Though how many people will get in a twist over possible cheating in a freeroll league is a debatable point.

To the OP'er,as someone who had pretty good success in the old PSO Skill League I'll just say that holdem is correct in saying that you should just focus on YOUR game within the league parameters,YOUR place in the field,YOUR goals.

What others are doing is outside of your control and one of the most important break through,"eureka",moments for any poker player on the path to success is when they learn to waste no time in worrying about things that are outside of their control.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:12 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
You're wrong about this, Bill, we had a member sit out for the entire month (without timing out). I'm not sure how many games, but the player earned a ticket to the Premier league.

You can't win any major prizes, but you can get to the money just by signing up and sitting out.

Yep,that did happen.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:10 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
Joy, Moxie,

I am the player that sat out about 90 games in the Open League in November . I finished around 750th and accrued 2100 points.Generally you need to be in the top 900 in the OPEN TO get through to Premier League.

The whole exercise was done after a lot of people said it wasnt possible to cash but no one had proved it one way or the other.

Look up my previous posts/blogs or iggio's in this forum.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:47 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan642 View Post
Joy, Moxie,

I am the player that sat out about 90 games in the Open League in November . I finished around 750th and accrued 2100 points.Generally you need to be in the top 900 in the OPEN TO get through to Premier League.

The whole exercise was done after a lot of people said it wasnt possible to cash but no one had proved it one way or the other.

Look up my previous posts/blogs or iggio's in this forum.

Yeah,hey spartan.

Yep,remember the thread where you did it,couldn't remember your handle though and I sux at forum navigation so didn't go back to look. You definitely proved a few peeps wrong with that finish,myself included,as though I don't believe I commented that it couldn't be done in that thread (I may have though...can't remember) I was in my mind when you announced your intention thinking you may come close,but I didn't think you would get there.

So I hope the Premier is running OK for you?

Good luck/Better decisions.

Old
Fri Apr 19, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#13)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Good post mostly holdem.

One part I disagree with you (as does the Pokerstars TOS by the way...) is about your "the only way to cheat at poker..." statement.

IF players are indeed using bot programs or having more than one person play on the same account then they're in clear violation of the TOS and should be summarily punished and/or banned.

Under the old PSO Skill League parameters I always believed that it was possible to play all or nearly all of the games. Knew peeps who did so.

This Open League schedule though...no effing way IMO. YES they could be working a sleep schedule to just reg in many of the games and sit out,then play others...that's possible,I honestly fail to see the point,but hey...it takes all sorts.

But actually PLAY all of the games? Uh uh,that's at least 2 peeps working the same account or a bot program.

Stars needs to do something about this IMO,unless the money derived from penny ante players who would engage in this for such meager rewards is worth more to them than their reputation.

Though how many people will get in a twist over possible cheating in a freeroll league is a debatable point.

To the OP'er,as someone who had pretty good success in the old PSO Skill League I'll just say that holdem is correct in saying that you should just focus on YOUR game within the league parameters,YOUR place in the field,YOUR goals.

What others are doing is outside of your control and one of the most important break through,"eureka",moments for any poker player on the path to success is when they learn to waste no time in worrying about things that are outside of their control.

I agree with Moxie about the possible breach of TOS : if players are using 'stand-ins' then that is a clear case of multi-accounting IMO . If PS has any evidence that this has been going on they should let all us open league pondlife know ; and deal with it the same way they dealt with Mark 'newhizzle' Newhouse ( you can find his story on the 2+2 forums) . Multi-accounting , even in something as lowly as the OSL is still cheating .

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com