Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Time Vault Challenge - 2013 Goals

Old
Time Vault Challenge - 2013 Goals - Sun Jan 13, 2013, 08:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
I'v e been considering what I want to achieve in 2013 while playing poker.

I dont think I need be too ambitious at this stage as I have been playing the game less than a year at this point and only really starting play more around about August of 2012. So I am still somewhat new to the game and not doing horribly so far.

This year I want to hugely increase the amount of VPP's I earn while at the same time not losing money in the pursuit of that.

I want to achieve at Chrome Star at least once this year.
I want to achieve 500 VPP's before the middle of the year to earn the bonus I became entitled to after passing the SnG course on PSO. That will be worth $20 to me.
I want to achieve my Stellar award target for the year which is 750 VPP's. If I achieve the one above I will be a shoo-in for this I think.

In order to do this I have started playing some more Zoom. Yesterday I play little under 1000 hands in a session. For some this is nothing at all but for me it was a huge amount. I finished the session down more than $5 playing at 2NL. I played on hand badly but the rest I was either slightly unlucky in that I was coolered or suffered a bad beat. I didnt lost my cool though.

Today I played for an hour and played 1022 hands and broke even on the last hand by having belief that i was ahead in the hand and had juged the player correctly in assuming he was weaker than I was at every point.

So I am not racking up huge profits or losses yet but I am earning VPP's at a quicker rate than I have before.
Finally, I want to play some higher buy-in tournaments, I believe I am better than a lot of the players that play in the likes of the Sunday Storm due to PSO. I have to stop giving fish credit for hands when they are in there with nothing and take their chips from them.

So, modest goals, but achievable and that is all I want.

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 06:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 05:29 PM
(#3)
A short update on my tournament progress so far this year. I will be posting a few interesting hands in due course where I think I may have been out of line.
I dont play a huge amount per day but I am consistently cashing at the minute which is great.

Cash hasnt been so great, I will post a graph soon, with a lot of hands where I didnt play them right and can take a lot of advice on them.

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 05:36 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
gl bhoyle

I would suggest dont run for vpp if you are doing great in sng and mtt stick with them.....if you want a transition from tourney to cash then its ok

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 05:49 PM
(#5)
Just another short update ahead of the weekend when I will be doing a more in-depth update with some hands posted.

Tournament play has yielded $99.50 return.

Cash -$7.96.

Cash actually has an up-tick towards the end of the month given some horrible play by me at the start.

Also, winning a Sunday Million as part of the excellent promotion run by PSO, is great. Cant wait to play in Pokerstars biggest weekly game.

Old
Mon Feb 18, 2013, 03:59 PM
(#6)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not a lot I can add right now.

Cash game good but tournament game bad.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon Feb 18, 2013 at 04:07 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com