Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

PSO Open skill league *HELP Request*

Old
PSO Open skill league *HELP Request* - Sun Jan 13, 2013, 12:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
After my last 12th place finish I am now ranked 2413. According to the open skill league I have a Tick next to eligable next to my name but im not sure what I am eligable for?

Please advise.

It does say I need to be ranked in the top 2000 for a prize payout, and I need to finish in the top 500 for a ticket to next months Premier skill league.

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 01:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
The check next to your skill league placing under eligible, means that you have completed 5 open league games, and are now eligible for the PRIZE which is highlighted in your placement.

Unfortunately, prizes are only offered to those that finish in places between 1 and 2,000

Hope this is clear for you ?

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#3)
yes thanks you is there a way to find out when the cut off point is for this months leader board so I know how long I have to get to above 2000?

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 03:18 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
The Leaderboard runs from the 3rd of the month until the last day of the month.

If you achieve 2,000 points, that will put you above the 2,000th place to get you to the money, but you will need to check previous months Leaderboard places to give you an indication, as to what score you will need to gain maximum payout.

When you log in to the Leaderboard, at the top right of the board there is a button to view previous months.

I hope this is of some help ?

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 05:34 PM
(#5)
Yes that's excellent, thank you very much for your help

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:29 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Hi AliBanjali,

Congratulations on finishing 12th! That's no small accomplishment!!

It looks like Bill has answered all your questions. Thanks, Bill! I just wanted to confirm that what was said is correct. The checkmark indicates you have played 5 tourneys and are eligible for a monthly prize should you place high enough in the leaderboard. Each month, the score which you need to place in the top 2000 obviously fluctuates but seems to be in the mid to upper 1800. So if you get 1900, you should be in good position to receive a prize and if you get 2000, you are virtually guaranteed. Additionally for at least the last 3 months, 2200 points got you into the top 500.

I hope to see you at the tables as I am playing the Open Skill League tournaments as well. Good luck!

Lester

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by iggyo; Thu Jan 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: Forgot to thank Bill...

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 03:12 AM
(#7)
Cheers Thank you, I'm close to the 2000 mark but not quite there yet need a better run and only won $0.05 once and keep coming really close to a min-cash, although 1st is what I want.

Yes look forward to seeing you at the tables also.

Good Luck

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com