Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

KiNdZiUs1 poker goals for 2013

Old
Thumbs up
KiNdZiUs1 poker goals for 2013 - Mon Jan 14, 2013, 11:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar
Hi !

first of all, thank you for PSO site and PSO Team !

I have decided to take a part in "Time Vault" promotion. Why ? Because without any plan in any life situation you will not achieve anything. This's the same about POKER. Last 2-3 years I was playing without any plan, I was losing, sometimes winning but I haven't had any plan where to go, what to achieve and etc.
Now, I have THE PLAN !

KiNdZiUs1 poker goals for 2013 are

1. To learn how to manage bankroll and grow my poker account to 500$
2. To play in SUNDAY MILLION tournament.
3. To achieve SILVER STAR status.
4. Sorry for PokerStars but DON'T RELOAD MY ACCOUNT ANYMORE

I think it's enough for the start.

I have started my BLOG in PSO blog section so please visit to see how I'm doing.
I have started to blog my journey on 26th of December in 2012 .
Wish me good luck.

See ya,
KiNdZiUs1

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 11:32 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Shiny! And grow your bankroll playing what? :p

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:30 PM
(#3)
ChromeStar
Still thinking about steps and what kind of games I'm gonna play. If you didn't read my blog I have started to grow it from 8$ by playing NLHE 0.25$ 45 players and so on.
Yesterday I have reached ~90$ so still on thinking about other rules on growing my bankroll

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 04:51 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 06:46 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Good luck in your grind of the 45 man games if you see me at your table please don't tell everyone how bad i'm doing at them at the moment

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 04:43 AM
(#6)
ChromeStar
So I have decided what kind of games should I play to grow my bankroll.

So far I have almost 100$ and I'm planning to play NLHE games which I know how to play:

* Buy-In 1.50$ max, SnG MTT games, 18,27,45 players max
* Buy-In 0.88$ max (1 rebuy or 1 addon per game max), Sattelites Rebuy games, once every two days max
* Ring or ZOOM games 5NL
* Buy-In 2.20$, Sunday Storm Sattelite twice a week

If I'll get down to 50$ then to change games:

* Buy-In 1.00$ max, MTT games, 90 players max
* Ring or ZOOM games 0.01$/0.02$

If I'll reach 150$ then change games to:

* Buy-In 2.50$ max, MTT games, 180 players max
* Buy-In 0.88$ max (1 rebuy and 1 addon per game max), Sattelite Rebuy game, once every two days max
* Ring or ZOOM games 0.05$/0.10$
* Buy-In 2.20$, Sunday Storm Sattelite twice a week

Sunday Million tournament goal.

After I'm gonna reach 200$ I'm planning to try to play sattelites to Sunday Million. So it's the plan to the near future

To achieve SILVER STAR status goal.

PLAY PLAY PLAY by the mine bankroll growing rules and one month to reach 500VPP limit.

DON'T RELOAD MY ACCOUNT ANYMORE.

Obvious

That's about all.
Please feel free to comment, advice or criticize because it's my first time

Br,
KiNdZiUs1

Last edited by KiNdZiUs1; Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: updated info regarding games

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 10:54 AM
(#7)
ChromeStar
Hey,

almost all week I was looking for myself in poker: what to play, how to play, will I succeed to reach my goals and etc.

FINALLY I just edited few things in my playing list and I'm ready to fight

Last 3 days mostly I was playing $1.50 NL Hold'em [18 Players, Turbo] and $1.50 NL Hold'em [27 Players] and it was not bad at all.

18 players game I've played 9 times. 3 times out of 9 I was paid (two time I was 1st and one 4th).
27 players game I've played 4 times. 2 times out of 4 I was paid (3rd and 4th).
Overall, after I've played 20 games last week with 1.5$ buy-in I took 1087th place in Mercury Devision with 353 points. I'm happy with my results.

Today I don't have any luck to win any of games only in ZOOM 5NL. Coinflips doesn't work for me today

Now, I have 97$ after I have won 2nd place in $1.50 NL Hold'em [18 Players, Turbo].

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 11:15 AM
(#8)
ChromeStar
I have one my hand for preview and discussion from first TCOOP 27$ 6-max NLHE tournament (I won tournament ticket in sattelite TCOOP-01 Sat: $2.75 NLHE [Turbo, -Shootout, 3 Seats])

How would you act in my position ? Would you shoved ?

OK, I know that it was good fold after the river card but what do you think should I call it or shoved or fold it ? It happened after about 1,5 hour of playing. B guy was playing aggressively.

Last edited by KiNdZiUs1; Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM..

Old
fish opinion - Mon Jan 21, 2013, 11:43 AM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNdZiUs1 View Post
I have one my hand for preview and discussion from first TCOOP 27$ 6-max NLHE tournament (I won tournament ticket in sattelite TCOOP-01 Sat: $2.75 NLHE [Turbo, -Shootout, 3 Seats])

How would you act in my position ? Would you shoved ?

OK, I know that it was good fold after the river card but what do you think should I call it or shoved or fold it ? It happened after about 1,5 hour of playing. B guy was playing aggressively.
I would either fold and shove all in but never raise 50% of my stack which I think you are pot committed anyway. In my opinions it was a bad fold after the call even the flop didn't go well for you. Judging a bad play just because the flop was ok to you does not mean to me it was a good play.
But some professional opinion would be nice, don't take mine too much seriously

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 01:35 PM
(#10)
Good luck with your challenge KiNdZiUs1. Keep us updated on your progess.

Please don't take this comment in the wrong way, I'm just trying to offer a little advice, but I think you played that hand in the worst way possible. Once you make a call for over 50% of your stack you're pot committed anyway - you can't then fold pre-flop in any circumstances - the odds you're getting are just too good to fold to a re-raise. It doesn't matter what cards come after the decision had been made, or even what the other players are holding, that will never be a good fold. It may have saved you there but playing like that will lose you money in long-run.

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 01:42 PM
(#11)
As for the initial call... You could have folded - it's a big tourney & making the money is important when you're playing a $100 bankroll. I'd have definitely shoved though. I might call in that spot with AA or KK to encourage the other guy to get involved though.

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:12 PM
(#12)
ChromeStar
Paul7036, thank you for your comment.
Yes, I agree that 50% call and then fold was my very bad decision. The only option should be ALL-IN and you are right regarding long run, many thanks.

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:30 PM
(#13)
Good luck!

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 01:29 AM
(#14)
ChromeStar
thank you !

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 02:18 AM
(#15)
ChromeStar
Yesterday I was lucky by winning tournament ticket to 27$ elimination tournament by playing 5.40$ sattelite Then I have decided to try me in another 4.40$ sattelite to TCOOP 27R tournament and I have failed. During that sattelite I had one hand which I'd like to discuss with you guys.

It's turbo sattelite, blind goes up every 5 minutes, I didn't play any of my hands because because it was very rubbish and finally blind 75/150, I'm BB with AJs, two players in front of me shoves everything, I folded, was it ok or wasn't ? Just think before play it

Thanks.

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 02:29 PM
(#16)
ChromeStar
Hey,

3-4 days back I was playing zoom game 5NL mostly 6 max only. And to tell the truth it was very hard, I had all kind of different moods, I was angry but AT LAST I'm happy now after my last hand

I'm down from 105$ to 88$. Sorry I'm new with PoketTracker software but here it's my first graph of cash game statistic in 17 days per session (mostly ZOOM 5NL 6MAX), overall it was around 2817 hands:

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6e68e551.jpg

I understood that ZOOM it's very tough kind of a game. So question for you guys, would you suggest me to continue to play this kind of cash game or should I switch to ring game ?
Thanks.

Last edited by KiNdZiUs1; Sat Jan 26, 2013 at 02:34 PM..

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 03:31 PM
(#17)
I wonder if some pro could comment this hand. I would say it is a good play in MTT but I am not sure about cash game. Usually pople going that crazy because they hit set+ (and not only pair). When they hit set (any set), here twice, even your chance to hit flush is 35% they chance to hit fullhouse is also over 30% (I hope I am right). So in long time run, you loose (EV-), I think. So to me, you were lucky. Good for MTT, bad in CG.

but I could be wrong... any pro?

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 05:51 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNdZiUs1 View Post
I understood that ZOOM it's very tough kind of a game. So question for you guys, would you suggest me to continue to play this kind of cash game or should I switch to ring game ?
Thanks.
I think if you're an observant player who likes to watch opponents & pick up reads on them then normal ring games are better for you. If you get bored easily when you're not picking up hands then Zoom is really good & you can still get plenty of info on oppoenents if you've got a HUD running, the only problem is that lots of the info you have will be from last week or last month & that player may have worked on their game since then, or just be in a different mood. In normal games you're observing how they're playing today. Hope that makes sense.

I've been playing Zoom this month but I'm switching to more normal ring games for February.

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:04 AM
(#19)
ChromeStar
Thanks for comments guys.

Rogger1999, yes you are right. It was very risky (possibility to win was less % then a set on their hands definately) to do suck a move by trying to catch the flush goiing all-in but it was one time thing and I did it because of my very bad luck nowadays in ZOOM so I have decided to take a risk.

Paul7036, it's very good idea. I'm gonna switch to ring game from February too.

Gl to all.

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:09 AM
(#20)
but you hit itthat what matters most.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com