Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Mon Jan 14, 2013, 03:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
Hii I just registered on PokerStars and found out about this promotion. Am i eligible? Thankss = )

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.LiS2 View Post
Hii I just registered on PokerStars and found out about this promotion. Am i eligible? Thankss = )
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 01:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Angel.LiS2,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 05:18 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
ok thankss = )

Last edited by Angel.LiS2; Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 05:30 PM..

Old
Bankroll builder Session Feedback - Tue Jan 15, 2013, 05:45 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Readless,

Preflop I Raised about the total pot size to try and limit the number of players. But most of them called and one raised all in. I decided to call but not sure if I should have. I got lucky and won that hand but maybe i should not have called since it isn't superior to AK or AQ or pocket A, K, and maybe Q.

Last edited by Angel.LiS2; Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 05:47 PM..

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 01:25 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Angel.LiS2!

With AJ (or any hand that I'm going to make a raise with), I'm going to make a standard opening raise here, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Due to this, with 2 limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 10 chips.

Everyone at the table calls except for the last opp to act, that shoves. This puts me in a really bad situation, because I'm behind bigger aces and also all pocket pairs. Also, I have absolutely no clue how many of the other opps may call too and AJ does not play anywhere near as well against multiple opps.

Due to these reasons, I'm mucking AJ here (with as many opps that called my raise, I'm even mucking AQ or AK here, along with any small/mid pair). It's just not worth the risk to basically play bingo, especially with an unmade hand, as I only have ace high.

One thing that we want to do as poker players is to not be results oriented. We want to make the best decisions possible for a given situation. If we continually do that, the good resluts will follow. There will be hands that are played well that lose, along with ones that are played poorly and win. The key is to make the best decisions possible.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 01:27 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Please let me know when you attend the Getting Started live training session, because that has to be done before we can move onto the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
is it the one under live training and the one where I have to sign upp?
I think the one tonight at 9 pm eastern? thanks

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 03:37 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Yes, it's the one under live training. There will be other ones that you'll have to attend and participate in later in the process too.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 03:50 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
OK thanks john. I signed up for itt.

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 09:30 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
I attended the session. now what's my next step? thanks :-)

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 09:38 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Angel.LiS2!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:08 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
hii I passed the test = )

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:47 AM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Angel.LiS2!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen. It's always best to buy-into a table with the maximum that you can. That way, you can get paid more for your monster hands.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 01:40 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
I started with $1.60 and it started not well... BUT later I rebounded as you can see here.

This was a very tough spot for me. I called easily thinking that I had the best hand with pocket K. But when he raised me i thought he had pair queen top kicker. Did I think wrong? What should I have doneee?

Thenn it turned out great after. I was BB and so after seeing the flop I saw that I had many outs, so I played this hand out. = ) What do you thinkk?

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:16 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.LiS2 View Post
I started with $1.60 and it started not well... BUT later I rebounded as you can see here.

This was a very tough spot for me. I called easily thinking that I had the best hand with pocket K. But when he raised me i thought he had pair queen top kicker. Did I think wrong? What should I have doneee?

Thenn it turned out great after. I was BB and so after seeing the flop I saw that I had many outs, so I played this hand out. = ) What do you thinkk?

Hi Angel.LiS2

First hand KK: I suggest sticking to the standard bet sizes. It conceals the strength of our hands, it makes it less profitable for the villain to call and gets us more value with our strong hands.

Preflop, the villain made it 8 and you min-raised to 16. Min raises like this are often a tell of a strong hand. You have the second best hand in poker, so make it 3x to 24 cents.

The villain is relatively short stacked. So, on this flop I don't think there is any way we are getting away from this hand. However, you again bet on the small side only betting 10 into a pot of 33. There is a possible flush draw, so I would recommend about 70% of the pot or about 25 cents. This is also a good size because if the villain continues they will be more or less committed to the pot. When the villain reraises you I would suggest moving all in rather than calling. We don't want to give them a free card if they are holding AQ.

Finally, don't stress the results in this hand. Getting all in against his short stack is fine. Had he had a deep stack, then we would have had to play more carefully and just called the flop as you did. We don't want to risk a big stack holding "just a pair".

Second hand K6s: I actually suggest just folding preflop. Had you been last to act, then I would call. Here however, the two ep limpers still have to react to the min-raise. If either of them re-raises we will be forced to fold.

The flop is great, with the flush and straight draw. Calling the bet is fine, but you have about a 60% chance of winning the hand. So, this is a good spot to raise 3x to 24.

The 2 on the turn gives you a flush, but also pairs the board. A full house is always a threat. I suggest again betting more, closer to half the pot would be standard. You have a strong hand and want to get value from it. If the flush scares the villain he will fold to any bet. If it doesn't scare him, then he will call a standard half pot bet as easily as a small bet. Had you bet more on the flop and/or turn, you would most likely have gotten the villain's remaining 30 cents.

As played, your river bet looked good, about half the pot. Nice hand

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:27 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
thanks for the advice roland = )

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 09:42 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
hi I I attended the betting size session very usefulll. what's the next stepp.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 10:26 PM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Angel.LiS2!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 01:14 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
hii I passed the cash game testt. There is a lot of useful information to rememberr = )
Hopefully I will have a lot of situations where I can utilize what i learnedd.

What is my next stepp. Thankss

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com