Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Cool
Bankroll Builder - Mon Jan 14, 2013, 04:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
My personal bankroll builder thread is up and running!

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 04:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C. Herb View Post
My personal bankroll builder thread is up and running!
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 05:05 PM
(#3)
Done

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 01:25 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi T.C. Herb,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 05:17 PM
(#5)
Joined the getting started session.

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:27 AM
(#6)
Also joined a training game with the trainer and posted several hands for him to comment on in Boom

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 11:10 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi T.C. Herb!

I see that you did attend the training session. Please do the other part of my post, as it is needed in order to move onto the next step. Play the full ring play money tables and use the hand replayer (not boom) to post a hand here that you had problems playing.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 04:41 PM
(#8)
I played full ring. Some players at that table were really playing bingo rather than poker. They were very loose and put a lot of chips in the middle holding virually nothing.

When I picked up KJo I tried to enter a pot. After the flop I really don't think I could get away. But how to act before the flop on such tables?

I guess this kind of play doesn't happen that often with real money...

Here is the hand:

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 06:57 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi T.C. Herb!

Don't bet on it. I've seen the same bingo players in multiple of the WSOP Circuit events that I've been in. They will be there regardless of buy-in.

With KJ (or any hand I want to play from early position with), I'm going to make a standard raise or fold. Limping behind with a hand like this will be nothing but trouble, as it invites opps to outdraw me and also I get no information about the opps hands and they could easily have a better J or K than me (AK, AJ, KQ). Most of the time, I'm going to muck this here, due to my position. If I did play it, I'll make a standard opening raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, which here is a raise to 40. Especially if there are aggressive bingo players in the hand with postion on me, I'm going to muck this marginal hand preflop.
I'm also definitely NOT calling a raise and a 3-bet preflop here from an opp with position on me, as I'm going to definitely be behind any reasonable opp. I'll muck everytime to a larger raise and especially to a 3-bet.

I flop top pair and the 2nd nut flush draw. When it checks to me, I will make a value bet here. The problem with this many opps in the hand is that instead of my normal 1/2 pot size bet (against one opp), I need to make a much larger bet and really need to make a pot-sized bet. However... I don't have that many chipe! Due to this, I'm shoving the flop.
What I do not want to do is to make a very samll bet in relation to the size of the pot. This type of bet makes it easy for the opps to not only call me, but to get the correct odds for them to outdraw me (something that I want to avoid whenever possible).

The key here is to muck marginal hands preflop when out of position.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 06:59 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi T.C. Herb!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 07:30 PM
(#11)
Thanks!

I'll be travelling over the weekend but will get back to this next week

Cheers

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 07:36 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Not a problem. Take all the time that you need.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 03:19 AM
(#13)
Btw, you seem to be an experienced player. Do you have a profile page or something where I can read more about you?

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 03:53 AM
(#14)
I just read the "Miscalculating odds" article and scored 3/4 on the mini quiz. I think I know what question I missed but I don't understand why. I had a gutshot straight draw on the flop with two hearts on the board. The number of outs to my straight is 4. The heart should be discounted as my opponents could draw to a flush. S, my number of outs should be 3. But un that question I could only select like 8,4 and 2. So I went with 2 (the most pessimistic one) although I do not think that was the correct answer. Am I missing something or might there be a problem with the question/available answers?

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:52 AM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Btw, you seem to be an experienced player. Do you have a profile page or something where I can read more about you?
Hi T.C. Herb!

Here is a link to the team page. This will have bios on all of us, not just me.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:55 AM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I just read the "Miscalculating odds" article and scored 3/4 on the mini quiz. I think I know what question I missed but I don't understand why. I had a gutshot straight draw on the flop with two hearts on the board. The number of outs to my straight is 4. The heart should be discounted as my opponents could draw to a flush. S, my number of outs should be 3. But un that question I could only select like 8,4 and 2. So I went with 2 (the most pessimistic one) although I do not think that was the correct answer. Am I missing something or might there be a problem with the question/available answers?
I'd go with 4. Yes, the heart could be counterfeited, but it may not be too.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:00 PM
(#17)
Ok. I found some time and passed the quiz

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 02:41 AM
(#18)
Hi again!

I passed the quiz a while ago. Maybe you have been busy?

Thanks

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 11:48 AM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi T.C. Herb!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen. It's always best to buy-into a table with the maximum that you can. That way, you can get paid more for your monster hands.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 02:54 AM
(#20)
Thanks!

Btw do you recommend using some kind of software to e.g. calculate odds and / or collect information on opponents? Any particular software?

I'd be interested in knowing how you think about this.

Cheers
T.C.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com