goldcourage: bets 340
yoli2413: folds
ZECA VASCO: raises 930 to 1270 and is all-in
goldcourage: calls 930
rubi325 leaves the table
*** TURN *** [9d 9s 6d] [5d]
*** RIVER *** [9d 9s 6d 5d] [Kh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ZECA VASCO: shows [Js 9c] (three of a kind, Nines)
goldcourage: shows [5h 5c] (a full house, Fives full of Nines)
goldcourage collected 4045 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4195 | Rake 150
Board [9d 9s 6d 5d Kh]
Seat 1: vwn hannover (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: rúúra (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: yoli2413 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: ZECA VASCO showed [Js 9c] and lost with three of a kind, Nines
Seat 8: caramulo99 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: goldcourage showed [5h 5c] and won

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 08:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
NO! You raised 54 big blinds pre-flop, got called by crap that hit. Then you called a raise of your c-bet with about 3:1 odds and two outs (20+:1 against) if they have hit.

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 08:12 PM
(#3)
maybe, It depends on what hand range you put the two villains on. Its a big raise to be calling with 55.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 10:36 PM
(#4)
** moved **

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 10:51 PM
(#5)
When you are playing against better players thhey will foldeverything except large pairs when you raise this much pre flop. A bigger pair wins four out of five times. You will win the blinds for a few hands, then usually lose a big pot when somebody gets a big pocket pair. Overall a losing strategy.

Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 05:51 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi goldcourage

I agree with the others here. Notice in particular what Bearxing said. By betting so much preflop you created a situation where you will often get value owned. That is when all the hands you are beating fold, and only the hands beating you will call.

Calling the raise on the flop was a mistake and will not be profitable in the long run as Joe pointed out.

Here is how I play smallish pocket pairs at microstakes and/or play money. Make as standard raise if the pot is unopened AND you are in late position. Reevaluate postflop, but don't go crazy with "just a pair", especially small pairs.

If other players are already in the pot, then you can play small pairs as prospective hands IF several conditions are in place.

1. You have a real prospective hand: Axs, pocket pairs, and suited connectors fall into this group. They do not win often, but rate to win big pots when you get a set, flush or straight.

2. You are in late postion: If a player after you raises, you will normally need to fold your hand preflop.

3. Deep stacks: Since you only flop a set about 1 in 8 times, you need to have the potential of winning a big pot when you do hit.

4. See the flop cheaply. Keep the pot small until you have a strong hand.

5. Multiple opponents in the hand: Big pairs like AA play best against a single opponent,whereas small pairs play best against many opponents. With small pairs we want to flop a set or fold. The hand on its own won't win a pot against several opponents often unless it improves to a set.

In general I recommend sticking to standard bet sizes. Post flop take people to value town by raising your strong hands (a set or better) every chance you get. But, conversely try to keep the pot under control with weaker hands that may have some showdown value.

I hope this helps

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com