Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi

I recently signed up to PokerStars and have not yet made a deposit. I would like to use the Bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoKurairo View Post
Hi

I recently signed up to PokerStars and have not yet made a deposit. I would like to use the Bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 12:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BoKurairo,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 05:30 PM
(#4)
I have watched the 'Getting Started'.

I'm not sure about my bet on turn, and river(useless?).

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 01:13 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BoKurairo!

With AQs and a limper before me, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I'll bet 40.

I see the flop 5-ways and flop a multitude of outs, straight, flush, even a royal. When it's checked to me here, I'm going to make a 1/2 pot value bet (102 chips). I want to start to build a pot and to give me the correct odds to draw.

I see the turn with 2 opps and miss. Now I need to be much more cautious, as I do NOT have a made hand and also just lost half of my hand's equity, as there is only 1 card to go. Due to this, I'm going to check here and hope that the opps check behind so that I can see a free river card. If the opps do make a small bet, I'll call, but I'll need to re-evaluate if they make a larger bet to see if I have the correct odds to draw or need to fold.

The river is another K, which is what most opps that call bets on the flop and turn here will have. Also, due to the stack sizes, the opp should NEVER fold their last 290 chips here, as there are way too many chips in the pot not to call. They only need to be right 13% of the time to breakeven. Due to this, I'm going to check/call on the river. I'm not folding for the same reason if they bet (only have to be right 13% of the time to breakeven).

Tip for you... at the micro-stakes level, do NOT try to bluff the opps very often. They don't know how to fold and/or won't fold almost all the time.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 01:15 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BoKurairo!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 10:05 AM
(#7)
I passed Basic quiz

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 11:19 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BoKurairo!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 04:42 PM
(#9)
I have watched the 'Bet Sizing', and I have lost my 1 buy-in.

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 05:05 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Bo!

You need to post a hand or two that you had problems with or lost the buy-in with so that they can be analyzed and you can learn from them. This needs to be done before the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 06:25 PM
(#11)

Horrible decisions postflop...

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:26 AM
(#12)
Hi

What should I do now, any advice?

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:12 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

Horrible decisions postflop...
Hi BoKurairo

Calling preflop is fine here. You have position, suited connectors and multiple opponents in the hand.

Let's look at the flop. The board shows 9 10 K with two clubs. Yes, you have an open-ended straight draw, but your cards are at the bottom end. Plus, you don't have clubs. It is important to recognize the relative strength of you hand in these spots. There are no good outs for you here. Even if a 6 were to come on the turn, one of the opponents may be holding JQ for a better straight. In spots like this we have to check-fold our hand. You might be ok check-calling smallish bets, but this is not a spot to risk your whole stack.

The good thing is that you seem to already understand that this wasn't the best flop for you. Recognizing our mistakes, then learning from them is the way forward

I hope this helps!

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:47 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BoKurairo!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 03:04 PM
(#15)
Hi
Thanks Roland for advices
I have watched the 'Bet Sizing', and passed Cash Game quiz.

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 03:48 PM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Bo!

Have you attended the Cash Basics live training?

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 04:00 PM
(#17)
Mistake, i have attended Cash Game life training...

Last edited by BoKurairo; Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 04:07 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:50 AM
(#18)

This hand is very similar to previous.

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 12:36 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

This hand is very similar to previous.
Hi BoKurairo

What type of game was this? I couldn't really tell if it was play money or from a tournament. If it was a real money tourney, please stick to 2NL full ring for the remainder of the bankroll builder session. Otherwize you might risk not getting your remaining buyins

Regarless of the game, preflop looks great. You have a strong hand for your position with AJs and your bet size was spot on. Since you got a string of callers, I am guessing this was play money.

C-betting looks good too. Again, betting half the pot is standard. Well done. You have a nut flush draw and two overcards to the board. The opponents have not shown any strength. This is a good spot to c-bet even though there are several opponents in the hand. You are betting for value.

The turn is not a good card. It didn't give you a flush, but did put two diamonds on the board. Now the situation becomes difficult.

The pot is 1670 and you only have 2285 behind. You need to decide now what you want to do. A read on the deep stacked villain would help. Without a read, I would play it safe and check-fold the hand. You will be left with a playable stack size. If you intend on calling a raise, as you did, then it is better to be the aggressor and raise yourself. Calling for a third of your stack, then folding not good here. It leaves you with too small a stack.

Either fold the check-fold the turn or raise yourself. Personally, I play on the cautious side. So, since you do not have a made hand on the turn, I would check-fold.

I hope this helps!

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 03:24 PM
(#20)
That was freeroll(hubble), i finished on 203 place.
How can i get my second buy-in?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com