Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

BankRoll Builder

Old
BankRoll Builder - Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi there,
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Can anyone help?

i also read: Bankroll builder
and also: Welcome to pokerschoolonline

and also today i'll attend to a live poker training Getting Started

Edit:and also passed the basic assessment quiz

ill post a hand replay as soon as possible
Edit:

Last edited by pastarnache; Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM..

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarnache View Post
Hi there,
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Don't do anything until we know if you qualify first.

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 09:28 AM
(#3)
so do i qualify pokerstars checked my account because i had a problem

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 05:19 PM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
so do i qualify pokerstars checked my account because i had a problem
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

The next scheduled session is on this Saturday and can found here:

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 03:20 PM
(#5)
I have attended this session. and also passed the basic assessment quiz

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have attended this session. and also passed the basic assessment quiz
Hi pastarnache,

We can see that you did attend the session today. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before?

Just a note though that it was only the 'Getting Started' session that you needed to attend, you will have to attend the other sessions later in the promotion.

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 05:35 PM
(#7)
Well i had some question that weren't so basic so yeah i learned something new and watched the other ones just to see if i can find something new that i could use with the BR from this promotion

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 09:44 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Well i had some question that weren't so basic so yeah i learned something new
Hi pastarnache,

I've asked one of the hand analysers to look at this hand for you. He should do this within the next 24 hours.

Once the hands have been reviewed we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 01:43 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi pastarnache!

With AK (or any other hand that I want to make an open-raise with), I'll make a standard opening raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Due to this, I'll raise to 6.

I see a 6-way flop that totally misses me. With this many opps in the hand, one of them most likely hit a part of the board (or already has a pair), so I'm going to check. I want to be betting and putting chips into the pot when I'm ahead, not when I'm most likely behind.

The same will hold true for the turn/river. I'll check and if any of the opps makes a sizable bet, I'm folding and looking for a better situation to get my chips into. Especially in the lower stakes games, I do not want to be bluffing very often, as there are so many players that will call anything, it will not be profitable for me to do so. These same players however are great to have when I get a made hand, as I can make value bet after value bet and get paid off on them.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 02:24 PM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2012
good luck pastarnache

Last edited by SleepyHitman; Sun Feb 03, 2013 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: i forgot to logoff

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#11)
i played that hand like that because i was cbetting..

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 01:43 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
The fewer opponents that I'm up against, the more likely that a c-bet will work. Against a large number of opps, I try not to c-bet unless I've got some sort of made hand.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 08:38 AM
(#13)
oh ok i'll note that

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 09:46 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi pastarnache,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 09:50 AM
(#15)
i've already passed basic assessment quiz

1 more question i have a maximum buy-in restriction or i can enter with max buy-in at 1/2 cent real money full ring tables.

Last edited by pastarnache; Tue Feb 05, 2013 at 10:21 AM..

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 06:46 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Read more: BankRoll Builder - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2KOxOdmw5
it passed more then 24 hours and yet not even a cent..

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 07:56 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i've already passed basic assessment quiz

1 more question i have a maximum buy-in restriction or i can enter with max buy-in at 1/2 cent real money full ring tables.
Hi pastarnache,

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 19, 2013, 11:12 AM
(#18)
yeah thank you sorry for not posting in such a long time today i will start and play some tables with the 2$ 1/2cents FULLRING hope i'll get a decent bankroll from them even if it is hard with only 2$

Old
Tue Feb 19, 2013, 11:43 AM
(#19)
yeah i'm broke

Last edited by pastarnache; Tue Feb 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 02:15 AM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
yeah i'm broke
Hi pastarnache

First hand KQs: This is a good enough hand to play and since you have position on the limper, raising is fine. However, the standard bet size would be 3x plus 1x for each limper making it 8 cents rather than 12 cents. By betting so large you are risking getting value owned. This means all the hands you are ahead of will fold thus you win less than you could have. While only the hands ahead of your range will call. You create a situation where you will most likely lose a big pot.

When the bb calls we can assume that he has either a pocket pair, or an A with a decent kicker. You miss the flop. C-betting might be ok against a passive player, but it is pretty much a bluff. If you get played back at, you need to fold. The villain min-raised you. This is normally a tell of a strong hand. I strongly suggest folding now. Even if a K or Q comes on a later street you may very well be out kicked since AK and AQ are definately in the villain's range. Another option would have been to check the flop. This will let you see the turn for free. If you get a K or Q then you might have some showdown value, but you need to keep the pot small even if you hit.

I suggest trying to avoid getting involved in large pots without a strong hand postflop at 2NL. You will get paid often enough when you flop a set or better, so you don't need to take large risks with marginal hands.

Second hand AQo:
Preflop I would once again suggest sticking to standard bet sizes. Make your 3-bet 3x the original raise. Make it 18 cents rather than 15 cents. Your smaller raise looks super strong, but it does give the villain somewhat better odds to continue with the hand. By always using the same bet sizes, you conceal the strength of you hand. This is a good general rule to begin with.

As played, you c-bet the flop and got called again, then fired another barrel on the turn to win the pot. This was a nice and aggressive line that worked welll for you. However, I'm not sure if this was the best spot for double barreling. A read on the villain would help out tremendously here. As played, the villain is rather short stacked. He has already invested about 40% of his stack in the hand. At 2NL people often feel committed in spots like this and will call off the rest of their stack with or without a strong hand. You only have high card, so I am not sure I want to take that risk. Had the villain had a deeper stack like yours, then barreling again on the turn is better because their is the assumption that you will fire another bet on the river. People are less likely to risk a large stack with a marginal hand. Thus you get them to fold more often.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com