Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom 6max - AQo oop against a TAG reg ... when/how much to bet?

Old
5nl zoom 6max - AQo oop against a TAG reg ... when/how much to bet? - Tue Jan 15, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Guess the instructions for posting these hands for HA ask us to remove the showdown results, in case they inadvertently compromise the analysis. So I thought I'd give following the rules a try for a change ...

Here's the villain's stats - he's a reg, but I don't recall any hands we've played against each other that were particularly noteworthy in any way.

His 3-betting is all coming from the blinds into button raisers, so there wasn't anything to his high 3bet stat, or his lack of one from the button this time.

If this seems like a really straightforward question about a really standard spot, that's because I think it is. The reason I'm asking is because my Leak Buster program's been telling me for the longest time that I'm double-barrelling way too often, and for too much - so I was just interested in hearing how most others are playing TPTK oop?

Thanks so much for the help!! Very much appreciated!!

Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Jan 15, 2013 at 07:03 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:17 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Hey, Felix ... you have to see this person's avi! They're playing 5nl zoom *right now*

Is this just a lookalike? Is somebody using your picture as their avi?? Do you have a twin?

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Bet the turn. Charge draws and charge weaker Aces. bet bigger on the flop and the turn, there is no need to worry about being balanced here.

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 03:25 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi Sam,

Paul_201 is a buddy of mine and he is having a ton of fun using that avatar .

Regarding your hand: I agree with acombfosho here. I would bet a little more OTF (.3) and definitely bet the turn. In addition to missing out on value being oop here can also make it tough to play the hand with a turncheck. If villain then proceeds to bet turn and river it is going to be tough to determine whether you can profitably call.

Since you only have a really small sample of hands on him and he seems fairly tight it is hard to tell if there is any merit in taking an approach that deviates from a good standard value line with TPGK.

Live Trainer

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 05:31 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Oh ... haha!!

Awww ... I noticed he was German, so thought maybe he really identified with your story or something and was using your pic for inspiration, etc. And he was doing well too!

And hey, Acombfosho ... thought I recognized your name - nice to see you back frequenting the boards! You made a real impact on all of us with quite possibly the best 2nd post ever at PSO! Felix, remember commenting in this thread?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...535#post338535

My computer crashed a couple of months after that, and I lost the bookmark to that thread, so it's great to have been able to find it again - some great tips I picked up looking it over a second time. Nice to see you're going to be participating in the Time Vault Challenge - really looking forward to reading more of your stuff on your game!

As for the hand ... okay, lol - that'd be my usual line, to bet the turn, so it's unanimous. I'm thinking maybe I misunderstood the feedback from my LeakBuster program, and when it cautioned me against double-barreling, they didn't mean cbetting for value. Probably they meant I shouldn't be cbetting the turn with air?

Honestly, I haven't looked through my PokerTracker database, so maybe I jumped the gun a little by posting this hand. Just wasn't sure because the villain called, and the board paired on the turn. Which is about as standard a spot as you ever really get, eh? Like, personally I only seem to get the absolute nuts about maybe every ... 7,500 hands or so? And so the rest of the time, there's always that question of where our hand stands in relation to the villain's?

Okay, that's great to hear that a turn bet would have been fine - ty ty!! Guess that means I just have to put in the time and look over my hand histories to see what form my turn leaks are taking

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com