Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Tangent678

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 04:59 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent678 View Post
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Tangent678
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

Bookmark this page so that you can find it easily in the future.

Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 10:23 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Today I attended the following with TheLangolier:
- Getting Started
- Bet Sizing
- Cash Basics

Old
JJ - Wed Jan 16, 2013, 11:19 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
EDIT: deleted play hand as it doesn't apply.

Last edited by Tangent678; Fri Jan 18, 2013 at 05:59 PM..

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 06:13 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Today I attended the following with TheLangolier:
- Getting Started
- Bet Sizing
- Cash Basics
Hello Tangent678,

Just the 'Getting Started' session for now, the other sessions come later and you will have to attend them again later on in the promotion.

Also have a read of the >>Bankroll Builder<< article so that you know exactly what the promotion is all about.

As you will see the promotion is a cash game promotion only so SnG's or Tournament hands do not count.

We can see that you already know how to use the hand replayer and that's great.

Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

When you have passed the Poker Basic quiz please let us know and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:33 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
- Attended the 'Getting Started' session
- Read the Bankroll Builder article
- Passed basic assessment quiz

Waiting for first buy-in

Tangent678

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 06:24 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
- Attended the 'Getting Started' session
- Read the Bankroll Builder article
- Passed basic assessment quiz

Waiting for first buy-in

Tangent678
Hi Tangent678,

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Set of 5's on the flop - Thu Jan 17, 2013, 07:35 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Just wondering about how I bet this hand...

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 06:00 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
2nd hand for analysis: flopped nut flush draw.

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 07:07 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Hand 3:
Cowboys, not sure what villain was doing donk betting his 66 on the flop. Any suggestions on how I played this? Maybe my re-raise on the flop was too low?

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 04:47 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Hand 3:
Cowboys, not sure what villain was doing donk betting his 66 on the flop. Any suggestions on how I played this? Maybe my re-raise on the flop was too low?

Hi Tangent,

Preflop raise sizing is good. When the villain donks out for a small bet like this, it is most typically a blocking bet or "see where I'm at" bet with a draw or 1 pair type hand. The caller isn't real scary either, so I like raising as you did. The only thing I would suggest here is raising more as you suspect with your question. You're giving him a good price to draw with this sizing... he has to call .14c into a pot of .64 so 4.5-1 which if he's got an open ended straight draw is a good imediate price, with implied odds to make more if he gets there. The other guy will be getting an even better price.

On the turn when a total blank comes off and he checks to you, I would just shove for value. You only have a pot sized bet left and he can call you with a lot of worse hands, TT, JJ, T9, etc. He might even call with the 66 since he has a pair and straight draw, so go ahead and extact that value from him while you're way ahead.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 06:10 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Just wondering about how I bet this hand...
Hi Tangent,

Your doing great so far!

Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 10:18 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
I put the villain on a pre-flop pair (mid-low), and my KQo missed the flop. Should I have done anything different when he checked to me on the flop?

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 02:28 PM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
I put the villain on a pre-flop pair (mid-low), and my KQo missed the flop. Should I have done anything different when he checked to me on the flop?

Hi Tangent678

Opening with a raise from the btn looks good here with KQ. You have position on the sb. A read would help us define his calling range, but pocket pairs, Ax, plus plenty of broadway hands seem probable.

The A on the flop is scary, but it may be scary for the villain as well. You have position and the villain checks to you. This is a great spot to make a continuation bet (c-bet). You bet preflop and by betting the flop, it looks like you have an ace. I suggest betting half the pot. This bet has a very good chance of winning the pot. If the villain calls or reraises, then just check-fold the rest of the hand unless you improve.

C-betting is important to learn because it will help you win many small pot which help keep your stack healthy. Moreover, if you only bet the flop with your made hands, then opponents can pick up on this and exploit it. As a rough guide, you should cbet all of your made hands and about half of your missed hands. I think there are some videos in the library that discuss this in more depth.

C-betting works best when you have position and are facing one opponent.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 02:49 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Attended 'Bet Sizing' live training session.

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Attended 'Bet Sizing' live training session.
Hi Tangent678,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 01:50 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Completed the Cash Game Course and passed quiz.

BTW: The first attempt at the quiz ended after the 6th question when I accidentally hit "Submit" instead of "Next". Might I suggest a "confirmation" prompt prior to actually submitting the quiz? It might prevent someone else from needlessly having to wait to redo it as I did.

Tangent678

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 06:37 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables).

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, if you could please send an email to support@pokerschoolonline.com and let them know about the issue you have with the quiz that would help too.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:24 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Thanks! I assume the 1/2 cent tables should again be the full ring games?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com