Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Fadyen's (Time Vault) Goals for 2013

Old
Fadyen's (Time Vault) Goals for 2013 - Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
This is my entry for the Time Vault Challenge.

Playing a mix of all games and game types, but mainly NLHE SnG's with some MTT's, I hope to achieve the following during 2013. I'm trying not to be too figures/results orientated but I will, as time goes on, record my progress and set goals to try and improve in that department.

General Goals

- My general goals for the year are to improve as a player of all kinds of poker, my main focus however being on NLHE, Razz and PLO. This will be done by playing more, watching videos and going to live trainings and review my and others hands.
- Try different SnG's to find which best suits me and which give the best ROI.
- Starting with my bankroll of about $100, I hope to increase it to over 4 figures by the end of the year.
- Using sensible bankroll management I intend to increase the level at which I'm playing to a higher buy-in.
- By doing the above I intend to increase my monthly VPP's every month (which I will record) and get my VIP status up to at least a regular Silver level.
- Record and review my progress on a more regular basis in order to learn and adjust.
- Win a large field (over 1000 entrants) MTT.

Weekly Goals

- Play (when possible) at least 5 days a week.
- Have one day a week dedicated to nothing but grinding.
- Have one day dedicated mainly to poker education (watching videos/ live training/ hand analysis).
- Have one day a week with NO POKER at all. (rest is important)

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
gl with your goals,

you can do it no worries

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#3)
Thanks Grade b, I'm looking forward to at least giving it a good go!

Breaking news!: I've finally found some time to get my first blog up, hopefully the first of many. So it's official, the grind starts now!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 06:31 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#5)
Well so far so good with my challenge. Made a few realisations while reading other people's blogs and goals and I think it's really helped me, but more on that in my end of month blog which will be up next week, watch this space.

Since things are going well I'm thinking about trying to satty in to a few tourneys this sunday, probably the storm. Hope to see my fellow PSOers smashing it with me! Maybe even a little last longer for a dollar to make it interesting?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 10:42 AM
(#6)
Well it's the end of the month and so far my challenge is going well. From my starting bankroll of $100 I'm up to about $140. As far as my VPP goal is going I'm a little behind at only 150 which is less than my usual amount but I think that has something to do with me playing my cash games on Full Tilt now.

For a more detailed update you can check out my blog which should be up some time tonight and will include a few choice hands and stories about my month. Hope you guys can check it out

Bracelet Winner

Old
status - Thu Jan 31, 2013, 12:16 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2011
well done! Can you post more info how you get those $40? is it sng? what is the volume?

thanks,
m.

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 01:47 PM
(#8)
Mainly $1.50 fifty50's. There will be some info on that in my blog and next month I'm planning to do some detailed recording on my volume of play and ROI. Would be nice if other people would do the same and maybe we can discuss some bankroll building strategy.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 05:25 PM
(#9)
Holy s**t! Big news! It would appear I am one of the lucky few to win a ticket from the Sunday Million club. Thank you PSO!

Not sure when I'm gonna use the ticket but when I do I'll let you all know how things went and if things go well I might ask one of the lovely trainers to review it for me. Who knows

Bracelet Winner

Old
Ticket - Fri Feb 01, 2013, 02:34 AM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2011
congratulations and good luck to boost your bankroll!

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 10:12 PM
(#11)
Well February is well and truly started and so far it's been a bad month. Since I started recording my results of my main game, the 50fifty's, I've been on a massive losing streak. Going to switch it up to cash for a day or 2 and see if I can get some run good going. Don't have a HUD but I will make a note of my profit/loss and number of hands played to start getting some idea how I'm playing.

On another note I have a new goal for February, to be the player of the series for the newly announced February Freezeout series. I'm hoping to play most of the tournaments even though some are not my time zone friendly but I'll work around it for the chance to play some triple stud lol. In addition to this if PSO decides to have some sort of player of the year base on all the series' they do this year I'll be going for that too. I'm fired up so good luck to those who try and challenge me for it!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 04, 2013, 10:21 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Fayde,

Congratulations on the Sunday million ticket if you lets us know when you are playing I'm sure you will get a ton of railers.

Quick question You had said you will own the triple stud title, do you play any of teh triple stud MTT, or cash tables?

Personally I like Triple stud but find in torniments the blinds fly up too fast plus i play high low like an Uber Nit
Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Mon Feb 04, 2013 at 10:23 PM..

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 09:58 AM
(#13)
I like to play a few of the low buy-in Triple Stud and Razz MTTs as well as 0.04/0.08 Razz cash. Find that going for chips with the low is a good way to gain chips since less people play these variants (well). I tend to nit up a little during the Stud part though lol.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 04:10 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
Congrats on SM tix mate.

Good Luck on your challenge.

PH

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 10:07 PM
(#15)
Thanks for the support! Not sure when I'll be playing the Sunday Million yet, need to find a Sunday where I'm not busy and can focus on it. At the moment getting some practice in by playing in the Open Skill League for the first time. Have to say the field in general is shockingly bad. For my first one I got into the top 500 and still got donked out by some maniac, oh well. Playing a second one now and it's down to about 1600, getting a bit short stacked though. If all goes well might try and get a few bucks out of the league.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 10:15 PM
(#16)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Oh hey, yeah, congrats and GL with the Sunday Million ticket, and with the February Freezeout ... so many nice tourney things to do - sounds like it should be fun, with lots of great competition!!

Old
Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:31 AM
(#17)
Well February marches on and my swing is still of the down variety. Not by much though. I've found I'm doing reasonably well at turbo 9-man knockouts. Pretty fun to play and I seem to come 1st or 3rd a lot. I think that's just how my short handed style of play seems to make things go. I try and put myself in a decent spot to go heads up and if I get there I tend to crush the standard of player at these stakes heads up.

I have been feeling a bit like turtle knife or whatever that guy is called (I'll look it up later).. Pocket Jacks have been killing me, bad beat after bad beat. But nobody wants to hear the "my flopped set got busted by runner runner" stories. So instead I'll show you a hand that's half bad beat half horribly played by me:

It was early stages of an open skill league game, figures eh?

Ended up about 4300th ish.. That's gonna hurt my score

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Fadyen; Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 01:33 AM..

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:57 PM
(#18)
Well after a horrid start to February and my usual game failing me I think I've found new regular game. 9 man Turbo Knockouts! With a few 27 mans thrown in for good measure. Since grinding 50fifty's along with a few poor MTT results had took my bankroll from a nice $140 down to about $125 I thought I'd change it up a bit and I started crushing the 9 man turbo knockouts. Along with a couple of 2nds in 27 mans I got my bankroll up to a high of $174 and have twice very narrowly missed out on a spot in the battle of the planets leaderboard (low orbit). Did however just bubble about 5 games, 4 of them on pretty sick beats, but oh well. Makes my job of a high orbit leaderboard spot a bit tougher but I'm gonna give it a go.

It's nice to be excited about poker after a tough time of it.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 07:18 AM
(#19)
Since: Dec 2011
February didn't start well for me either... Also played STT's. There are a few very good video's on PSO about SNG strategy, by Grayson 'Spacegravy' Physioc and Tyler 'Frosty012' Frost.

Time Vault Champion 2013

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 07:48 AM
(#20)
Since: Dec 2010
Good luck with your goals this year!

Hope to you see play some FLO8! For the members that don't know.. Team PokerStars Online Pro Adrienne 'talonchick' Rowsome has an awesome thread developing >>Limit 08 Strategy<<. If you'd like to discuss strategy with her, post some hand replays of a Fixed Limit Omaha Hi/Lo hand and she'll help ya out!

CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com