Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL - AQs missed sqz spot?

Old
10NL - AQs missed sqz spot? - Wed Jan 16, 2013, 06:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi,

Was this a missed squeeze spot against two unknowns?

As played, what is our action on the turn?

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 10:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
No video shown for me

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:06 AM
(#3)
(Head Trainer)
Hi geo,

I don't like 3-betting to squeeze here without reads. I think flatting is a far better option... AQs plays well in position and multi-way. If we 3b squeeze how are we going to respond to a 4b? I think we have to fold, but I don't like taking a hand with the value of AQs in position and turning it into a bluff like that. Also 3-betting will tend to fold out worse hands like AJ and KQ a lot and get action from AK and pairs which we really don't play well against... flatting keeps those dominated aces and dominated Q's in and out of position which is right were we like them.

Turn I would call again. He can be barreling some better hands like AK, sets, or flushes, but he's also barrelling worse like AJ, AT (which we kept in by flatting, and he thinks we are on a draw), big single hearts and pairs like KK or QQ with the big heart. Raising now looks way too strong, we'll probably fold out worse like AJ/AT. But our hand is too strong vs. his range to fold imo. I'd flat, planning to value bet blank rivers if checked to and call blank rivers if facing a reasonable bet size.

Edit: @Acomb, hand is displaying for me now, maybe it's fixed...

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:13 AM
(#4)
Hi Dave,

I called turn.

river: Qd villain bets 3.10 (he has 2.19 left). Call or Fold?

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:24 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
I go into call-down mode here. AQs plays pretty well on the button. There's no value in raising the flop, so just call down and hope there's no more hearts. Sometimes villain flopped a flush, but he also has hands like AK-AJ with one heart quite often.
If the river gives you 2pr, then it's an easy call. (I don't like raising, because villain could shove on us.)

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
Hi Dave,

I called turn.

river: Qd villain bets 3.10 (he has 2.19 left). Call or Fold?
I agree with Arty. I already said what I'd do on a blank river facing a reasonable bet (call), although the bet size is a bit on the larger size at 3/4 pot, the river isn't a blank, it improves us over AK and all 2 pairs, so I'm certainly not folding here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 12:16 PM
(#7)
Okay. Thanks

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com