Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

poker goals 2013

Old
poker goals 2013 - Wed Jan 16, 2013, 08:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2010
For 2013 playing regular 25NL and breaking even?

Please submit this as a challenge.

thanks m

Old
where to start - Wed Jan 16, 2013, 08:01 PM
(#2)
On the break even front, already over $100 down for the year, but then playing too many tables, 16 at present and pushing too hard with weak hands.

will reload tomorrow, invest time and money in tracking software, need to sit down and find a niche?

m

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 08:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
good luck with your challenge.

What bankroll do you have and what limits are you playing at the moment?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
challenge - Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:42 AM
(#4)
playing 2NL,

Going to have a 100 Dollar bank roll, plan is to double that up then move up to 5 NL.

At the moment working through the details of playing a winning style.

what are your own goals

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 07:12 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:15 PM
(#6)
thanks, started the blog, a bit like watching paint dry but will try to liven it up

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#7)
Have you checked out the video section some great microstakes stuff in there by the trainers at PSO

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
time vault challenge - Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:13 PM
(#8)
I've done a new blog and looking for some feedback so any comments would help

tx grade b

and thanks for any comments

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 06:20 PM
(#9)
Not paying attention to my own goals and blew off bank roll yesterday

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 07:46 PM
(#10)
EKK!

any deatails? tilt ? Playing too High?

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 09:14 AM
(#11)
It was a mixture of everything that I loath about my game,

I want to run before I can walk!

Playing top pair, top kicker against obvious trips or an overpair, trying to slow play made hands which are easily vulnerable then not passing when I know their beat e.g. nut flush against a double paired board on the river (why am I all in when the villain obviously hit trips on the flop). River gives FH and I'm still betting.

Playing with kids running about, playing hungry, playing tired?

One thing I've never done is played with scared money so that is where i am, a break for a week (next pay day) reload and take it easy.

The week gives me time to formulate the plan and play in more PSO league tounreys' and privilege events.

On a positive note did cash for 6 dollars in silver vip 30,000 tourney although blew it on tilt?

The week without cash I will study hold em manager database and look at where it went wrong? This one of my weak areas reviewing the session. Hope to post in the blog something a bit more indepth with some real analysis which wouldn't put people to sleep.

tx

m

Old
all in hands - Wed Jan 23, 2013, 08:22 PM
(#12)
What is clear from hold'em manager is when to choose to go all in.

I will learn how to post hands later but I'll give some examples.

Hero hold KK on the BB and is facing a raise from the button. Could be just a steal so 3bet and you face a 4 bet all in. Call or fold. You note villains vpip is 67% on 100 hands and has a re-steal of 40% so all in. Whether win or lose every time hero in this particular situation its +EV (can anyone give link to detailed article on EV)

Second example is the same cards and position and action but the numbers change so villain vpip is 10% and no figures available for a re-steal what do you do? I have to say it's safer to pass and wait for another opportunity which will come.

Third example is all in on the flop with pocket 7s on a 556 board with two hearts on the board. Hero was facing an all in bet from EP and calling is -EV, over pairs, trips and big draws. so small over pairs proceed with caution?

any comments would be welcome

thanks

m

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 08:48 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
Hey man, interesting read.

As for the hands in the last post i feel like i may have missed something because in both situation you mentioned with the KK i am never ever folding? Even if the guy had a VPIP of 10% get it in. If he has AA move on the next game. If he has AK i want him called and drawing to 3 Aces, if he hits move on to the next game. In most situations i think you are going to run into a pocket pair or A weak Ace either of which you are dominating.

If you are ever thinking of folding KK you are probably playing with too much money on the table.

If you really are worried you could always call see a flop with no Ace and then try and get it in but then your chance of getting his whole stack are shortened.

Maybe this is not what were trying to explain though?

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 04:59 AM
(#14)
I think what I'm trying to say with the second example is that HM is giving you a read on a NIT or a TAG and thus reducing your losses in this situation (a big pair faced with an overpair).

This is important when multitabling.

m

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 05:14 AM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2012
KK is +ev against a 10% vpip nit - if he wakes up with AA so be it - surely if your mass multi-tabling, hands like KK are the easy hands to ship it in with preflop if villian wonts to go to war?

Im not a cash game player, so you can kick me in the balls im wrong lol.

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 05:50 AM
(#16)
Is there a means of recognising when we face an overpair when we hold big pairs ourselves.

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 06:33 AM
(#17)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
I'll stand with guys above, with Kings I'll call every day and twice on Sunday.

Is it correct my understanding that, since the beginning of this year, you have gone down over 200$ playing NL2? That's over a 100 buy-ins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoryaaa View Post
On the break even front, already over $100 down for the year, but then playing too many tables, 16 at present and pushing too hard with weak hands.

will reload tomorrow, invest time and money in tracking software, need to sit down and find a niche?

m
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoryaaa View Post
Not paying attention to my own goals and blew off bank roll yesterday
From the sound of it, you are playing too many tables and possibly too loose, maybe reducing the tables to begin with. You mention holdem manager, what are your stats so far? how often do you get into play? as maybe you should tighten a bit yourself, get into play with more solid hands, rebuild the game from scratch.
Maybe print out the starting hand chart?

Of course I might be mistaken, but you haven't really given much data, somewhere I need to start

Analyse, analyse, analyse, the problem isn't much blowing buy-ins, is doing it without learning from it.

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 09:06 AM
(#18)
41,000 hands played, do//media.intellipoker.com/forum/images/aria/attach/jpg.gifwn 159 dollars down
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Results.jpg (14.4 KB, 20 views)

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 10:40 AM
(#19)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
That gives a new definition to going down... anyway, don't really bother with the how much, but on why has been going like that.

To be fair it looks like you started well, opened up and got trashed, but I hope someone more experienced than me will pop around with a second opinion.

Check how often you get into play, define your starting hands, tighten up the game. Playing a bit nittier might not be fun, but in the while you rebuild some confidence.

Also, what's the 50$ drop around the 30.000 mark?

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 01:17 PM
(#20)
Started well, was playing well then had a few suckouts and made a few bad decisions, instead of regrouping and getting the head down, thought i could recoop losses playing 50NL and lost the lot! TILT TILT TILT TILT

The time vault challenge is my way of keeping focussed on realistic goals SMART

Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time

need to remember its not a sprint

tx for your input keep it coming

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com