Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom: 3 bet fish?

Old
25NL Zoom: 3 bet fish? - Wed Jan 16, 2013, 03:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012

Villain is 43/14, only 14 hands

Preflop, is a 3bet better than a call especially given his stack size? If he 4 bets I'd get it in as I think TT is strong enough.

When he checks the turn on a pretty dry board I bet the river for value. He min raises me & with no reads I had to call. Anything wrong here?

Thanks

Carl

Old
Wed Jan 16, 2013, 11:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi carl,

Vs a loose fishy player with these stats who is only playing a 59bb stack I think I would 3b pre planning to get it in, yes. It's not clear cut obvious though, his preflop raise is only 14%, but TT does play well enough against that range. Additionally, while a solid player will fold much of the bottom of their range to a 3b (the parts we really play well against) and only continue with the better parts (the parts TT isn't so hot against over all), this guy's looseness thus far and fishy stack size are indicators he won't fold very often to the 3B, so we still get action from many worse hands. It's a very small sample (he's played 6/14 and raised 2/14 pre) but combined with the odd short stack size I lean towards 3-betting.

River play is fine tbh. I don't really like getting min-raised but his line is so weird that I would call too... the price is good enough as I think he will sometimes be making a stupid bluff and sometimes be doing someting irrational with a smaller pair often enough to give him a look here. And I think we got off light tbh, be glad he sized his flop c-bet too small and checkec back the turn with this trips, a good player would have won more from us and maybe even doubled through vs. some players with TT.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com