Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Jan 16, 2013, 10:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
Hello,

I've never deposited and hope to qualify for this promotion.

I have played on other sites some.

gl all

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 01:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BaronOfBoxes,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 06:19 PM
(#4)
Attended the Sunday Special - PSOTC PM Main Event, played it as well. Finished ITM(just) @ 15th. Only had two nice starting hands the whole tourney. Got lucky once and unlucky twice.

It was generally a good game.

Listened to Dave Langolier - never disagreed with him so never posted.

I also played a little bit of PM NL Hold'em at a ring table as per your suggestion. One hand I played was the following:

It played pretty standard, but I was just wondering whether you thought I might have got more value from him with different bet sizing or pattern?

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 12:12 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BaronOfBoxes!

The live training that you need to go to is called Getting Started. None of the other ones will count for this step in the promotion. Please attend this training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 12:26 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BaronOfBoxes!

Was this a tourney hand or a cash hand? The reason that I ask is that tourneys need to be played differently than cash hands and the chip stacks look like the mid stage of a tourney and this promotion is for cash games only. If you play any format other than the specified one (1/2 cent FULL RING cash tables) after earning the first buy-in, then you will be ineligible for any further buy-ins.

With JTs from the button, I'll make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 600 (if this was a tourney, I'd be raising to a different amount at this blind level, as an example of one of the differences).

I flop the current nuts (straight) and have a royal/straight flush draw. The opp checks to me and I want to make a value bet and since I'm up against one opponent, I'll make a 1/2 pot bet (700 chips).

The turn gives me a flush (although I now don't have the nuts). When the opp checks to me, I'll make another 1/2 pot value bet (1400 chips). I don't want to bet less, as I don't want the opp to get the correct odds to draw if they have the ace of clubs or two pair drawing to a full house.

The river pairs the board, which is one of the worst cards I could see. When the opp checks again, I'm going to make another 1/2 pot bet (2700 chips). I don't want to overbet this, as I do not have the nuts and the river could have hit the opp's range to beat me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 04:24 PM
(#7)
No it wasn't from a tournament.

It was at a PM NL ring game, as per your suggestion in your first post.

I hope to attend the 'Getting Started' training tonight.

Thanks for the feedback and gl to you too.

Old
next step? - Wed Jan 23, 2013, 08:27 PM
(#8)
I just finished attending The getting started class (Wed/Jan/23/2013/20:25 EST). The instructor was Dave Langolier.

What would like me to do now?

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 09:27 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BaronOfBoxes!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
already done - Wed Jan 23, 2013, 10:58 PM
(#10)
Hi John,

I've already done the Poker Basics course and passed the quiz at the end of it.

Do you want me to do it again? Or do something else instead?

Thanks.

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:23 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BaronOfBoxes!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
schedule - Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:43 PM
(#12)
Hi John,

I've received the first $2.

I will only play the $.01/.02 full ring games. And I am looking forward to doing so, but should I wait to do so because due to my shifts at work I won't get a chance to attend the suggested live training session until Jan/27 or maybe not until Jan/30?

Thanks,
Kevin

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 06:06 AM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOfBoxes View Post
Hi John,

I've received the first $2.

I will only play the $.01/.02 full ring games. And I am looking forward to doing so, but should I wait to do so because due to my shifts at work I won't get a chance to attend the suggested live training session until Jan/27 or maybe not until Jan/30?

Thanks,
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

You can play away at your leisure with the buy-in and attend the live training session when it is convenient for you.

Post a hand here that causes you problems using the replayer and we'll analyse it for you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
What's next? - Thu Feb 07, 2013, 05:40 PM
(#14)
Okay,

I attended the Bet Sizing live training last night, albeit a minute or two late. Then I hung around for the next one and then for the first hour of the Wednesday game.

I've played a little .01/.02 full ring NLHE and am up +$1.75 -- at least at the moment ;-)

***It should be noted that was +$2.58, but I made a bad pre-flop call that cost a chunk -- lol

So what would you guys like me to tackle next?

Regards,
Kevin

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 06:05 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BaronOfBoxes!

Please keep playing with this buy-in and try to get to 10VPP's with it. Also, please post here any hands that you have problems with... or that you lose the buy-in with. Then we can go onto the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Only to 10? or more? - Thu Feb 07, 2013, 07:50 PM
(#16)
A long time ago a friend transferred some money to me. I lost all but $0.15 of it. As a result I had a few VPPs. I'm now >8.5.

Is 10 a fixed target? Or, since I had a few, do you want to reset my target a little higher?

Regards,
Kevin

Old
Oops - Thu Feb 07, 2013, 11:58 PM
(#17)
What a newb! Here you are talking VPPs and I didn't catch the difference to FPPs.

Well then, 3.58 VPPs earned means only 6.42 VPPs to go --- lol

Regards,
Kevin

Old
now what? - Mon Feb 18, 2013, 02:47 PM
(#18)
Hi guys,

Unfortunately, I've lost all the way down to $0.77. And that brings up a problem. Now I can't get onto to a table since they all seem to have an $0.80 minimum.

If I'm wrong or am missing something please let me know.

Otherwise, what am I supposed to do now?

Thanks,
Kevin

Old
Mon Feb 18, 2013, 03:34 PM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BaronOfBoxes!

Please post in this thread the hand or hands that you had problems with and lost the buy-in with so that they can be analyzed for you. This is mandatory before we can go to the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com