Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder..

Old
Talking
Bankroll Builder.. - Wed Jan 16, 2013, 11:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
Hi,

I am new to PSO and I want to know if I am eligible for this promotion

Can you help me please?

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 01:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 02:35 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Hi Cannon,

thankz for that and i look forward to hearing from you in the future...

Cheers

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#4)
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

Bookmark this page so that you can find it easily in the future.

Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 09:30 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
hi,

I have just finished the 'Getting Started' training and now I need to know what's the next step?

cheers

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 06:00 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASemi_auto View Post
hi,

I have just finished the 'Getting Started' training and now I need to know what's the next step?

cheers
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 01:23 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
hi,

I have already passed the poker basics course..would this affect my eligibility for the promotion?

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 04:04 AM
(#8)
Quote:
hi,

I have already passed the poker basics course..would this affect my eligibility for the promotion?
Hi,

Well done on the quiz! You are still eligible!

Your first Bank Roll Builder will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours! Please use this buy-in at a full table of 1/2c 9-Max NLHE as your Bank Roll Builder training is focused on this game format. If you encounter any difficult situations, post a hand replay here and I'll assist you!

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Old
Bankroll Builder session feedback - Sun Jan 20, 2013, 10:28 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar

should i have made a C bet (raised) after the flop? or was there a better way i should have played this hand?

Can you help please?

Last edited by AKASemi_auto; Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: clearify question

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 05:58 AM
(#10)
Quote:
should i have made a C bet (raised) after the flop? or was there a better way i should have played this hand?

Can you help please?
Hi,

I like your open raise size of 8c on this stack depth, our hand is really strong from this position!

As for post flop, when we get min bet into for 2c..it can mean many things like balancing range, semi bluffing, informational bet while holding a marginal 2nd pair or under pair type of hand, trapping with a strong hand, but keep this in mind... in most situations A weak bet = a weak hand. On that board texture what would qualify as a weak/marginal hand?
Any draw(inside/open ended straight), high card combos of worse Ax and Kx or any combo of Tx below JT. If any of the 2 villains had a strong top pair good kicker hand, they would be firing two streets to get value from a flush draw or other made hands. When the river falls another Q, we can take card removal into consideration from the villain's ranges and feel fairly confident they are not holding a Q based on flop/turn betting action/sizing.

Now let's determine what course of action we could have taken in this hand. What are our reads on the villains involved in the hand? How often are they playing a pot? Have they shown aggression post flop in previously played hands? If so, did you notice any betting patterns such as their bet sizing's and what their showdown range is?

We can raise this flop or turn to 17c. The villain holding 55 is most definitely going to fold and the villain with KJ will maybe try to chase that open ender. We were the first to speak pre-flop or rather open the action and have the initiative in the pot.

Good luck at the tables.

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 03:35 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
hi,

my $2 bankroll is finish.. if i make a deposit, would it affect the promotion?

what are my options??

thanks

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 07:25 AM
(#12)
Quote:
hi,

my $2 bankroll is finish.. if i make a deposit, would it affect the promotion?

what are my options??

thanks
Hi,

Would you like to have the losing hand or hand's analyzed? I'll help you!

If you take the Cash Game Quiz >>click here<< and pass it you will be awarded with your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in. Please let me know once you have completed it.

Yes, if you are to make a deposit it will affect your Bank Roll Builder training, please refer to #3 below.

After completing the cash game quiz, there are three ways you can earn two additional buy-ins:

1.) Earn 10 VIP Player Points (VPPs) at PokerStars $0.01/$0.02 FR NLHE tables and we will automatically release your next buy-in.

2.) If you lose your buy-in before earning the required VPPs, you will need to post the key hands from your losing session in your forum thread. Your PSO instructor will review your play and, where necessary, suggest additional training before sending you back to the tables with your next buy-in.

3.) At any point, you can make a deposit and all remaining buy-ins from the promotion will automatically be released.

CannonLee

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 11:46 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Hi

I have completed the 'Cash Game' course... what do I do now?

cheers

Old
Bankroll Builder session feedback - Wed Jan 23, 2013, 08:13 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar

I made a bet pre-flop becuase I thought everyone just limp with weak holdings and I also had position and average hole cards ...and I was lucky to flop top pair but wasn't too sure with my 10 kicker, so when 1 player moves all-in EP, I read he/she had top pair with weak kicker or drawing flush ?? good thing everyone else folded and made my read or call abit easier..

What do you think about how this hand played out?..
Should i have played into the pre-flop differently?limp?

Can you help please?

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 09:30 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Hi

I have completed the 'Cash Game' course... what do I do now?

cheers
Well done on the Cash Game Quiz! Are there key areas of that quiz that you would like to discuss?

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours!

Quote:
I made a bet pre-flop becuase I thought everyone just limp with weak holdings and I also had position and average hole cards ...and I was lucky to flop top pair but wasn't too sure with my 10 kicker, so when 1 player moves all-in EP, I read he/she had top pair with weak kicker or drawing flush ?? good thing everyone else folded and made my read or call abit easier..

What do you think about how this hand played out?..
Should i have played into the pre-flop differently?limp?

Can you help please?
I certainly like the raise on the button with to isolate one of the limpers as it'll thin down the field and increase our hand strength/equity in the pot. Limping in will only accomplish the opposite. Very nice pot and good read on your part!

Old
Bankroll Builder session feedback - Thu Jan 24, 2013, 07:51 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar

Here's one hand I lost and was very disappointed of my play, from calling pre-flop to betting the flop and turn when I think I should of checked the turn, espeacilly after both players called my bet on the flop and maybe fold to any bet as well?? I think i took advantage of position rather than evaluating my hand and situation on the turn....I know you probably think this was a dumb play and i agree but can you give me more advise on how i can play hands like this or the situation i was in on this hand???

Cheers

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 09:26 AM
(#17)
Quote:

Here's one hand I lost and was very disappointed of my play, from calling pre-flop to betting the flop and turn when I think I should of checked the turn, espeacilly after both players called my bet on the flop and maybe fold to any bet as well?? I think i took advantage of position rather than evaluating my hand and situation on the turn....I know you probably think this was a dumb play and i agree but can you give me more advise on how i can play hands like this or the situation i was in on this hand???

Cheers
Hi,

If this hand was suited, I'd maybe call in position depending on the reads i have on the villains involved in the hand. There are several other combos of Kx that have us beat K9 KT KJ KQ KK AK, so taking into consideration our stack depth, we won't have much room to maneuver post flop as it's unlikely that we can get value from a worse Kx holding or get a better Kx to fold. There was a flush draw on the flop, if we had reads that one of the 2 villains like chasing a flush draw OOP (out of position) then we can bet for value. By the way, I like your bet sizing post flop, it controlled the size of the pot perfectly without getting pot committed, well done! Checking back the turn could also be an option for pot control and maybe to induce a river bluff from one of the villains, if the villains are chasing any Ax they only have at best (2 to 3 outs | 4% to 6% equity) or a flush draw (9 outs | about 18% equity) So as you can see here we are in not to bad of shape against that plausible range.

Good luck at the tables!

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 04:41 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Hi,

I have lost all money but have not gained 10 VPP points to earn more buy-ins...

Can you please help me earn the rest of the bankroll promotion buy-ins??

Am I able to earn the rest by making my first deposit as well??

Here's how my last hand and the rest of my bankroll was lost
AND yes its that K8 again..I didn't put him on any big holdings like he did pre-flop but unfortunate for me he hit a set on flop and I have top pair and I felt i was ahead. I think I was rather desperate to try and win as it was my last money of bankroll

What do you think bout how this hand played out?
Can you help me with the rest of promotion please?

Last edited by CannonLee; Sat Jan 26, 2013 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: condensing thread

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 07:51 AM
(#19)
Quote:
Hi,

I have lost all money but have not gained 10 VPP points to earn more buy-ins...

Can you please help me earn the rest of the bankroll promotion buy-ins??

Am I able to earn the rest by making my first deposit as well??

Here's how my last hand and the rest of my bankroll was lost
AND yes its that K8 again..I didn't put him on any big holdings like he did pre-flop but unfortunate for me he hit a set on flop and I have top pair and I felt i was ahead. I think I was rather desperate to try and win as it was my last money of bankroll

What do you think bout how this hand played out?
Can you help me with the rest of promotion please?
Hi,

After I analyze this hand replay you can be on your way with the 3rd buy-in for the Bank Roll Builder. Or, if you'd like to make a deposit, let me know and the 2 remaining buy-ins will automatically be awarded to your PokerStars cashier!

After completing the 2nd stage, there are 3 ways that you can earn the two additional buy-ins for your training.

1.) Earn 10 VIP Player Points (VPPs) at PokerStars $0.01/$0.02 FR NLHE tables and we will automatically release your next buy-in.

2.) If you lose your buy-in before earning the required VPPs, you will need to post the key hands from your losing session in your forum thread. Your PSO instructor will review your play and, where necessary, suggest additional training before sending you back to the tables with your next buy-in.

3.) At any point, you can make a deposit and all remaining buy-ins from the promotion will automatically be released.

I think we may have found a new favorite hand for you.

By the way, my favorite hand is .

Your Bank Roll Builder training is focused primarily on full ring table 9-max NLHE, the next time that you play a session please sit down at a full table. K8 plays relatively well short handed against certain villains and board textures, just an unfortunate spot to run in to a set and could possibly of folded on the river. When playing a hand like this OOP (out of position) I am going to determine my course of action in the hand by: What are my reads of the villains tendencies/ranges post flop. Have they played many pots IP(in position) while being aggressive before and if so, what are they taking to showdown. Keep in mind that even though there is more action short handed, the decisions are much tougher because the ranges are more balanced than at a full table of 9-max.

CannonLee

Old
Bankroll Builder session feedback - Sat Jan 26, 2013, 04:34 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Hi,

I'm now going to make my first deposit so how and when will I have the rest of promotion buy-ins credited to my account??

cheers

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com