Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

hyper time vault challenge

Old
hyper time vault challenge - Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
GoldStar
hey guys,

my goal for this year is to beat the $30 hyper-turbo heads-up SnG games by the end of the year.

****** The Details ********

What do I mean by beating the game?
- to make at least 20 buy-ins over 1000 games

I will be starting at the low limit and will share my bankroll between PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker. I will only play HU hyper-turbo SnGs. Here are the levels I want to play:

$5's on full tilt
$7's on stars
$10's on full tilt
$15's on stars
$20's on full tilt
$30's on stars

I will only move up levels if I can beat the previous level for at least 20 buy-ins over 1000 games.

Because I am a student, I don't have a lot of time for playing. I've calculated that it will take me about 2 months to play 1000 games. If everything goes according to plan, that should be a good enough pace to reach the $30 games by the end of the year.

Starting with a $50 bankroll I have been playing at the $5 level since the start of January. I will write a blog soon about how I've been playing.

Thanks for reading and gl everyone.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 06:43 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Don't mind if I ask but... why would you want to jump in between two different rooms?

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 06:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdegre View Post
Don't mind if I ask but... why would you want to jump in between two different rooms?
+ 1

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 07:01 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 09:09 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Hello there

Welcome to the site and hope you succeed with all your goals Should be able to beat the variance of hypers over the 1000 games :P

Check out some of the live training videos on the site if you need some strategy help.

Hope you enjoy your time here at PSO,

Ads

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 03:40 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2012
GoldStar
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdegre View Post
This way the jump between levels will be smaller and my relative bankroll will be larger.

Say I start with $50 playing $5 games and make 20 buy-ins after 1000 games (bankroll = $150). Now I'd want to move up. The next level up on full tilt would be $10 and I will have 15 buy-ins. but if I move to pokerstars and play at the $7 level I will have 21 buy-ins.

cx19

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:27 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Well, if you don't care for your status resetting every time you swap room, it's a fair point.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com