Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

My 2013 Poker Goal (Time Vault) Diary

Old
My 2013 Poker Goal (Time Vault) Diary - Thu Jan 17, 2013, 07:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
For this year Personal Goal, i will try to build a decent BR by playing Satellites either from MTT Sat or SNG Sat starting from 2.20 Sunday Storm.

I will play also the Sunday Million Satellite of 2.20 Triple Shootout once my BR permits like 50 buy-in.

Will start playing the 0.25/0.50 - 45/90 Man until my BR is 100x the next level of buy-in.

Planning to practice a strict BR Management.

Will attend Live Training for MTT, SNG and other Special Live Training Session to improve my game.

Good Luck everyone and see you all at the table.

PH

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Looks like a good plan. Good luck in the challenge, Keep us up go date with how it's going.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
Yes good luck and if my experience is anything to go by you can gain an edge over a lot of the field just by playing tight and not taking big risks in satellite tourneys try to chip up by betting big even over bet the pots when obviously a big favorite and keep them small when unsure by checking even in position more then usual (pot control) sorry if this advice is not relevant to you personally just trying to help !

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 12:46 AM
(#4)
Thanks Grade b

@kallindown - thanks for the advice, it's a good reminder that i should take the risk in losing my tourney when about to be blinded out in satty.

Good luck to both of you.

PH

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 06:02 AM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2012
Good luck on your goals PH. If you're as strict as you say you will be then I can only imagine one direction for your bankroll.

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 06:03 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 07:40 AM
(#7)
Thanks RR

PH

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 10:13 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
GL GL Hitman!!!

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 03:07 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2011
Best of luck, Hitman!

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 03:25 PM
(#10)
Thanks Sam and KKN
-----
As this year i deposited $10 3 times, it's out of my bankroll but try my luck in 1.65R Sunday Million Satellite as i'm able to win several ticket last year.

Got a good start this year c/o 1.65R Sunday Million Satellite and as of date i won 2 Sunday Million ticket. I unreg both and with the help of my poker buddy marvin able to trade T$ 215 to cash. Thanks for his generosity he pay with same amount.

I'm taking it slow and not rushing thing but definitely thinking of grinding the 1.65R Sunday Million Satellite as i'm 2/2 on it.

Good Luck everyone at the tables.

Go ONE TIME BIG TIME

PH

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 11:51 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
wowee wow wow!! Congrats on win number two Hitman!!! That's fantastic!!!

Off to such a great start!! May 2013 be filled with many many more wins to come ... for all of us!!!

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 06:58 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
wowee wow wow!! Congrats on win number two Hitman!!! That's fantastic!!!

Off to such a great start!! May 2013 be filled with many many more wins to come ... for all of us!!!
Thanks Sam, hope my roll continue.

Good Luck to us...

PH

Old
Got Series of Bad Luck - Sun Jan 20, 2013, 03:30 PM
(#13)
After a good run got several bad luck today and it's a red light to play poker.

1. Late Reg in 1.65R SM Sat, after few fold got 44 and decide to test how i run tonight, shove it but got disconnected and not able to re-buy due to time out.

2. 2.20 buy-in. 6 max -SM Sat 3X shootout, UTG with JJ, i raise
SB shove and also the BB, decided to take a chance as my JJ is ahead most of the time against the blinds. BB had a pocket of 6 and flop a set and my hand did not improve.

3. Late reg a 2.20 buy-in and loss with KK at the river.

I will post the replayer tomorrow.

Good night everyone and good luck at the tables.

PH

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 04:36 PM
(#14)
Since: Feb 2011
It's hard when we know it's variance but haven't the confidence to shake it off.

Do as I'm doing, take a break, play something different or even change games. I won a ticket from a freeroll to a decent game on I-Poker today because I took a break from Stars.

Remember the game will still be here when we come back and we can make more money when we return

I sympathise with you and understand the mentalities involved in grinding.

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 08:49 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
It's hard when we know it's variance but haven't the confidence to shake it off.

Do as I'm doing, take a break, play something different or even change games. I won a ticket from a freeroll to a decent game on I-Poker today because I took a break from Stars.

Remember the game will still be here when we come back and we can make more money when we return

I sympathise with you and understand the mentalities involved in grinding.
Thanks ovalman for the advice, let's see how i run later today at 45/90 man after work.

Good Luck to us all

PH

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 09:33 PM
(#16)
Good luck Pinoy.

Question to anyone: What is the advantage of playing satellites with the intention of un-registering from the main tournament? Are they a lot softer? or is it the fact that you are turning the small buy-in into a large payout with none of the min cashes of a regular tournament? I would think that would also mean a lot more variance?

Am i wrong?

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:27 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudemanphat View Post
Good luck Pinoy.

Question to anyone: What is the advantage of playing satellites with the intention of un-registering from the main tournament? Are they a lot softer? or is it the fact that you are turning the small buy-in into a large payout with none of the min cashes of a regular tournament? I would think that would also mean a lot more variance?

Am i wrong?
Satellites has less variance in a way that the pay-out is distributed equally to top 16% like the 36 man paying top 6 with same T$ and grow your buy-in 5x ( 2.20 buy-in to win T$11) It's a good ally for MTT players as T$ is same as cash buy-in.

It's a lot softer in the sense that even you got 1 chip left on 6th place you got same 1st prize as the 20K chips leader.

Once you got the ticket you have a chance now to play higher level without risking too much of your cash BR.

Hope it help.

PH

Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 02:29 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:55 PM
(#18)
Played 2 $0.50 45/90 and 2 $1 45/90.

Won the $0.50 45/51st in 90 man
7th in $1 45 Man/34th in 90 Man

On + ve today.

PH

Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 03:16 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 05:01 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Wow, that's awesome Hitman!! Great seeing you do so well at the tables!!!

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 08:55 PM
(#20)
Thanks Sam

Taking it slowly.

PH

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com