Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Yearly Time Vault Challenge Zoom NL10

Old
Lightbulb
Yearly Time Vault Challenge Zoom NL10 - Thu Jan 17, 2013, 03:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Hi!

My challenge for Time Vault may sound a little bit tiny. But that is how I feel what I could do this year.

So - my yearly plan:
Build bankroll for Zoom NL10 (200$)
And play successfully in Zoom 6 Max NL10 in 4 tables at the same time

Here is link to my blog entry where I am writing about my Challenge : http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=39637

Good luck at the tables!

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 06:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 08:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
All goals are personal and should not be considered small, if you succeed then you will have a solid foundation to build on good luck and keep us updated.

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 09:14 PM
(#4)
Thank You for wellwishes!
Today I was able to play 570 hands in NL2. At first I played on 2 tables, then switched on just one. Have no reads on villains, still I could see recreational players who made bad moves and was able to extract some money from them.

Was very lucky - had very good cards - 3 times AA and 1 KK. Also some AK AQ and JJ were in my hands.

Was able to raise my bankroll to $49.31 [previously $45.75]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by KKNgroup; Thu Jan 17, 2013 at 09:17 PM..

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 10:05 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi KKNgroup,

Nope the goal sounds realistic not small, as was already said goals are something each of us set for ourselfs.

Good luck in your Challenge look forward to seeing the updates,

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 09:49 AM
(#6)
Hey there!

Been playing for two days. Yesterday played for total time of 2,5 hours and got about 800 hands. Results are not satisfying - current ballance ($47,63).
I catched myself that I do not think when I play - I rather do it automatically. I do not put opponents on ranges.. On preflop - gradually from early possition to button - I raise with best to good cards (Aces+; pocket pairs; connectors) - when it comes to flop I mostly do c-bet.. 3 bet with 5% of cards
Still - I think that I know how to get out proper value in cases if I hit.

For example in this hand..
I have no reads for villain

Now when I look through hand replayer on Flop I put him on (QQ-22,AQs-A4s,KJs-K9s,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,AQo-A8o,KTo+,QTo+,JTo,T9o) range.
When he 4bets, I though that he catched trips with 8 or 9 or goes for flush. Still he does not do it with all the cash..
Do You think my raise to 4bet was justified? I think that calling is not an option - raise or fold..

Edit: Oh, and he could get straight, too... On that case I think I made bad move - he has many cards to hit in that ocassion.

Last edited by KKNgroup; Sat Jan 19, 2013 at 09:53 AM..

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 11:59 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey KKN!!

Stopping by to wish you GL GL in your grind, and your goal of reaching 10nl by the end of the year

Ouch with that runner-runner ... yikes!!

Old
Unhappy
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#8)

I am a bit confused and sad. My downswing or is it just variance continues. Today played almost 600 hands and have ballance -$5,65 (total balance $41.95)

Posted two hands in hand evaluation forum.
I catched a feeling, that when I get such good cards like pocket Aces or Kings, opponents did not catch anything to 3bet or call with. Maybe I should just try limpraising..?

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited by KKNgroup; Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Added graph

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 10:05 AM
(#9)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKNgroup View Post
Hi!

My challenge for Time Vault may sound a little bit tiny. But that is how I feel what I could do this year.

So - my yearly plan:
Build bankroll for Zoom NL10 (200$)
And play successfully in Zoom 6 Max NL10 in 4 tables at the same time

Here is link to my blog entry where I am writing about my Challenge : http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=39637

Good luck at the tables!
There's no such a thing as a tiny goal, think that my main goal doesn't even involve a number, but I'd be happy to get to December still playing, yours is huge in comparison! The goal, that is.

Old
Thumbs up
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 04:57 PM
(#10)
Thank You for good words, Powerdegre.
Today I played for about 600 hands and was able to raise my stack to $44.66. Phew! I started to think that something is really wrong about how I play..
Besides that everyone somehow knows on preflop when I have AA or KK - folds, still I have very lucky hands today. Look it out:

Last edited by KKNgroup; Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 06:30 PM..

Old
Cool
Gooing good - Sun Jan 27, 2013, 12:19 PM
(#11)

Had some "full cycle" days - did not have to get to my Poker. But today I played for about one hour and I am on the horse again
Total balance $51,27

One of the nice hands:

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKNgroup View Post

Had some "full cycle" days - did not have to get to my Poker. But today I played for about one hour and I am on the horse again
Total balance $51,27

One of the nice hands:

Ekk, can you talk us through this hand,

When he limped what range of hands did you put him on, then when he calls you raise how does that change the range?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:05 PM
(#13)
It is nice, You asked, Grade B.
At first - some fishy stacksize villain has.
On PreFlop I put him on pocket pair (22-TT), some suited hands like 89+. Before my raise - also on superhands, but when I raise - I think he would not call with AA, KK or AK (AQ).
That is why I call his 3-bet. I put him on such cards: I am beaten by his A4, K4, trips with 4. Ok - he could have flushdraw too. All other hands are - weak aces, Kings+..
Also I have backdoor nut flush.

I felt like I have equity and mostly I will do such move again.

Last edited by KKNgroup; Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 05:42 AM..

Old
Cool
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 07:17 PM
(#14)
Having all right results at the moment.
Balance: $55.52
Will make new blog entry soon.

Here are some hands for today:

1)
Had reads that vilain 3-bets more than usual ~about 15% (somehow that hand is not in my holdem manager..)
So I decided to 4-bet - have some equity too.

2) Quite hard hand to play. At the end I put him on full house or straight. Still I think that as played - raise on river is better move than check/fold

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 04:56 AM
(#15)
Hey!

Going to Sunday Million soon, got the ticket - thanks to PSO promotion!
I think I will do that next Sunday!

Besides it I updated my blog! Please be welcomed there

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=40447

Old
Unhappy
10 minutes of Loosing streak? - Tue Feb 05, 2013, 04:14 PM
(#16)
How can any loose 4 full stacks at 10 minutes of playing 2 tables Zoom?
I am great example of it. It is good I quit not to loose more...

My bankroll was 60$ made of hard grinding work. And now it is just 53$

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 10:13 PM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey, congrats on the ticket, and GL with it!!!

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 06:52 AM
(#18)
GL with the ticket and let us know how it went.

Old
Thumbs up
Sun Feb 10, 2013, 03:57 PM
(#19)
Hey!

I was thinking about to participate in Sunday Million today, but felt not up to it. I could not forgive me going out of tournament at early phase becase of some mental issue because of tiredness. So, let Million wait

Instead I played in Zoom Nl2 6max and step by step I am going closer to my target - get to the chopppaaaaa! noooo just joking. My target as I wrote in the first post and my blog - is to get bankroll and play well in Zoom Nl10 6-max.

I am closer not as much in the bankroll part (it is $59.24) as of my "play well" part - I feel more confident as more and more hands I am playing.

I also made some corrections of my playing style.
1)
I try not to play from my mobile phone - because I do not see and get any stats from players and I am more distracted.
2) I do not do multitasking in time of poker as I always had done. I do not watch movies or doing some online games, still sometimes I crash and do some other things, but it is not so frequent I will get better!

Have Yourself nice evening!
BR, KKN

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:26 AM
(#20)
Going on vacation for one week. After that will be back on poker field!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com