Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Online Poker Show Freeroll

Old
Online Poker Show Freeroll - Thu Jan 17, 2013, 03:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
WhiteStar

Had no reads on the other player, was thinking about calling the river but it really seemed like a slow-play on his part

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 06:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JPrates31!

With AQ and a limper in front of me, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper and try to narrow the field (isolate the limper if possible). Due to this, I'll raise to 80. I don't want to limp and invite opps with position on me to stay, as it will make the rest of the hand much harder to play since nobody's hand is defined at all.

With 2 opps, I flop top pair and the nut flush draw (but there could already be a made flush and multiple straight draws). I'm going to make a value bet here an due to two opps, I'll bet 2/3 pot (47). This way if the opps are drawing, they are making a -EV play to call.

The turn gives me top 2 pair, but completes a straight to KJ. When it's folded around to me, I need to bet 2/3 pot again (137 chips). Once again, I'm doing this both for value, but also to give the opps a -EV play to draw. I don't want to bet less, as I want to make sure that all of their draws are priced out.

The turn is a 9 (completing a striaght to J8) and the first opp now leads into me for a large overbet of 440. This bet looks fishy with as large as it is, as it looks like a bluff (and could very easily be due to the small turn bet). I'm calling this here and they are going to have to show me a straight.

If I'm the opp and see a turn bet that just don't look right, as it's a smaller % of the pot than normal, the 9 is a perfect card to try and represent the straight with for a bluff.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 07:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
WhiteStar
Thank you very much John
Yeah, just after i did the bet on the turn i thought it was too small

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com