Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Time in a Vault?

Old
Time in a Vault? - Fri Jan 18, 2013, 06:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
BronzeStar
Hello people. I just read about the "Time Vault" promotion and decided to give it a try.
The challenge I set to myself was to try and make something out of nothing.
Hard as it sounds, I might get there eventually. I mean try to win some free-rolls in order to make a small bank-roll to start with.
Side-pot to that (or rather side thought) is that I try to cope with bad luck and correct bad play. Having played a lot of friend's tables I'm not new to poker in general, but I surely am new to online poker and especially Hold'em. The variations we used to play were a lot different and you had to use your hole cards (at least 2 of them)everytime.
I'll be posting hands here and my progress (or lack of) in the blogs section.
And because "time is money" (that's why we keep it in the vault), without further ado cross your fingers for me.
Vas

Old
Fri Jan 18, 2013, 08:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi there

Glad your giving this great promo a shot, starting from nothing is one of the hardest ways to start up a roll but i really does feel good if you can get some free money

Good luck with your challenge and hope you succeed in all your goals.

Ads

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 06:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 12:18 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Thank you so much Adam and Paul.
My blog is called PsychoBlog (not too imaginative of course)
Vas

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 03:20 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Gl in the challenge, look forward to reading the updates.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Frustration call - Tue Jan 22, 2013, 02:33 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Hello fellow PSO people.
This time I will post a hand I know I played the wrong way. The only two things I can use as a defence is that a)he did this shove a couple of times in a row, and b)I was already losing a lot so my stack was relatively small.
None of this is justifying my action of course. I got frustrated from raising,calling then folding every hand. You could call it a micro-tilt
That's how:
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
The even worst thing is that I didn't have the sense to take a break right there and then.
Anyway, chin up, eyes straight forward, and NEVER again play the game emotionally.
Good luck to all at the tables
Vas

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 08:59 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Not the best of starts but... I hope you've learned something from it :P

Best luck for the future PsychoVas.

Old
Oooops - Fri Jan 25, 2013, 08:21 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hello again, people.
Here's another hand that contibuted to my downswing as it cost me almost a buy-in. I don't think I played it wrong like the former, but nevertheless it went sour:
Would any of you fold at his shove (knowing he does it a lot)?
Would you suspect 2 pair or set?
Well I didn't and it cost me a lot.In retrospect I must admit that a 90BB bet on a 12BB pot should have made me think about it more, but I guess I expexted I'd make some easy money here.
Cheers
Vas

Last edited by PsychoVas; Tue Jan 29, 2013 at 11:00 AM..

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 08:23 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I must do sth wrong. I get double posts.

Last edited by PsychoVas; Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 09:12 AM..

Old
No Luck - Tue Jan 29, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Hello everybody.
Here's an update on my goals for the year and the "Time Vault". (Have to find out the combination for this vault)
Well as the month is coming to the end, all I have gained was 5 cents. No luck at the "mission" tourney, no luck at the Saturday free-roll, NO LUCK in general.
Here are today's bust-out hands. (It seems I have a knack to prove odds. When I have the pocket pair, the Ax wins, when I hold the Ax the pockets win. Gotta find a way to reverse this.)

And finally the "Big Chill" (very near the bubble)

He held the one (1) card in the deck that beat me plus another heart. Can't even calculate the odds for that.

Well, that's poker, luck is an essential part of it in short term, I hope I can improve my game so that I'm able to consider me a decent player in long term.
Thank you all for reading this and if you have any thoughts, please share.
May Lady Luck favor us all.
Vas

Old
two more - Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:17 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
And it goes on and on......
Talk about a BAD day

Old
End of the month - Thu Jan 31, 2013, 09:43 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Hello people.
Update on January as I busted out of the last free-rolls for January:
Not very successful in my goal I have to admit.
Some bad luck as you can see above, combined with some really stupid moves on my side resulted to a very poor outcome.
Anyway I intend to keep trying to improve, as I discover more and more leaks in my attitude. I mean after getting beaten by some gambling or even stupid play, I tend to react the same way, gambling more and playing equally if not even more stupidly. All in all I can say that in this past month I managed to lose focus and play worse, ending further away from my goals than when I set them.
And for your amusement two hands where gambling was involved:
In this one I was the lucky party

A little later the tables turned

That was my last hand, no complaints there, 200th out of 10.000 is a good run, actually the best I had lately.

May the decks be with you all

Old
February started - Tue Feb 05, 2013, 02:20 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Hi people.
February started and the second month resolution is put to test. I really try to stay true to it and in one of the free-rolls I really sticked to the rules. And guess what?
IT WORKED!!!

Here's the exerpt of the PS support mail:

Dear PsychoVas,
You finished the tournament in 46th place. A USD 0.08 award has been credited to your Real Money account.
Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.

I'm really sorry I can't yet post some graphs or stats, in fact I am even more sorry that I don't have them myself, as it would be a really significant tool for my analysis.I'm wrestling with the installation of either HM or PT but they seem to disagree with my PC. Poor "Old Faithfull" here has a severe case of indigestion with the "postgresSQL" database, so I'm looking for a way to by-pass it.
I hope to get there eventually with a little help from some friends, so in the future I can be more graphic about my game attitude and the overall progress.
Btw if anyone out there knows another, lighter program that lets you use specific folders as database, please drop a hint. Even if it's only for hand history analysis, no HUD, if it doesn't get my machine depressed and suicidal it will be great.

That's all for now, the 2nd month started good, I hope it gets even better.
May the green felts be good to all of us.

Old
LifeSaver - Sat Feb 09, 2013, 10:07 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Hello there PSO people.
Your friend PSY is back with a really amusing hand.
Those of you that are older than M&Ms might remember the great multiflavored candy with the name "LifeSavers".
Not surprisingly they looked like those, with a hole in the middle and all rounded up.
Here's a hand that worked for me as an actual (tournament)life-saver and was sweet as candy.
Desperate for air, practically drowning, I needed a win. So I decided to invest my meager holdings in a rather weak hand. But as we all know, Lady Luck is capable of huge smiles as much as ironic smirks.

Well, that's it for now, I'll be back soon as it seems I'm making some improvements in my game attitude and it shows.
I'll tell you all about it in my blog.
Cheers and tons of luck at the tables.
Vas

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 11:32 AM
(#15)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoVas View Post
I'm wrestling with the installation of either HM or PT but they seem to disagree with my PC. Poor "Old Faithfull" here has a severe case of indigestion with the "postgresSQL" database, so I'm looking for a way to by-pass it.
Being a bit more specific could help... what's the problem? As you can't bypass anything, you kind of need the database.

Old
Wed Feb 13, 2013, 04:18 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdegre View Post
Being a bit more specific could help... what's the problem? As you can't bypass anything, you kind of need the database.
It uses a lot of memory and my pc is rather old and has only 1G of RAM. So it's rather a hardware issue. I'm planing an upgrade soon and I hope I'll be able to use it soon.
Thx anyway PD

Old
That's Poker.... - Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Hello people.
Update on my pro- and regress.
The 12th was a rather good day, 3 times ITM at free-rolls.
Open Skill League was a whole different story.
I even have to admit that it took me back to semi-tilting situations.
Here are two consecutive hands at one tourney. In the first I had a monster and shoved only to get crushed by a very intuitive call by a (psychic?) villain with the winner 65o!!!!
Having a bigger stack kept me alive so the next pocket pair was a mandatory shove. Next hand pocket pair. Watch:
Drives you crazy, right?

And finally my two last hands in the two last OSL.
Coin flips, right? Both times the odds were 55-45 %.
The fact that I was on the wrong end each time is only important to me, not to the game statistics in general.
But....
And
Well, to tilt, or not to tilt?

Added negative value to that is that it was pretty early both times so the damage to my league standings was severe.
After the final table I was in the top 1200, now don't ask.
Anyway "That's Poker", right?

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 11:51 AM
(#18)
Since: Jun 2010
I feel your frustration, Last few days have been badbeat week for me. Got so bad yesterday i opened up a Stud table for the first time this year, much better than tilting.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 14, 2013, 07:18 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Thx mate, my sympathies to you too.
On and on:
And finally:
It IS a joke, right?

Last edited by PsychoVas; Thu Feb 14, 2013 at 07:34 PM..

Old
Impressive - Fri Feb 15, 2013, 10:50 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
I know you're gonna love this:
Set Queens on the flop, set Aces on the turn, 2 straights on the river. Hollywood wouldn't do that so thrilling. Just watch it step by step and imagine the appropriate intense music.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com