Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

o.k ill start my timevault challenge.....now!

Old
o.k ill start my timevault challenge.....now! - Sat Jan 19, 2013, 12:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
SilverStar
Oh man, just like a new years resolution my goals are further away now than when i made them! It's like writing them down and making them concrete has made them unattainable!

I invested about 5 times my normal bankroll this week and it has cost me dearly! When i first invested i put down $40. Of the $40, i bought a $27 entry ticket into TCOOP 1 and took the rest onto a .25/.50 limit table.

Buying the TCOOP ticket was a bad idea it was 4am, i had just woken up and hadn't had my coffee yet! QJ suited first hand.....was raised 100 in big blind, i called, flop came QJ4 rainbow was raised 100 pushed all in, opponent shows AQ, A came on river and tourney over! Moral of the story is have a coffee before doing anything!

i blew the remaing $13 on the limit table then put another $30 in the bankroll. I played at the same table for nearly 2 hours grinding until impatince got the better of me and i blew it again! Now i don't know what i was doing but i put another $40 on and went to play heads up for awhile! I grew a $20 stack to $137. And this is where it gets ugly! I blew it again and this time it has cost me more than money! Its not the cash but considering i usually put 10-20 dollars onto my account every 1-2 weeks that could have kept me in poker for nearly 2 months!

I dont know if its greed, brain farts or some form of autism or o.c.d, but i am continually repeating this sort of cycle... Every now and then i get into a session where i cant seem to lose, my bluffs are working, im hitting almost 2 thirds of the time............................then comes the change. I start to lose and i really struggle to change my style of play. At the beggining of a session my play style is usually tight and aggressive (unless i havent had my coffee yet) as play deepens i will usually get a little more passive and loosen up a bit. The more i seem to win the looser i seem to get until it gets to the point where my style of play is actually begining to make me lose and i cant seem to get into that tight aggresive mode again. Now i dont know if I should be spending less time in a session or running as soon as ive say doubled my starting stack but right now my aim is to study the bankroll management section VERY VERY HARD!

WOW it feels good to TALK about it, Its the DOING that gets me.......LOL

Well so far every goal ive made has become further away than ever! Every cloud has a silver lining though and this one is its only January!

So Ive decided to begin the journey to reach my goals, startiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing....................... .................................NOW!

Cheers B.p

Old
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
least you have realised the mistakes with BRM and Tilt issues - its a big problem with alot of players - i was once in that category - i got over it by not being results orientated, play to enjoy and learn.

Hope it works for you and the best of luck.

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 05:08 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
Yes good luck with it and playing above your br is a cardinal sin, pack it in sir !

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 04:45 PM
(#4)
SilverStar
thanks Imapct,
Im begining to actually make use of all the info on the poker school page!
A long time ago(about 3 weeks) I thought i was a decent poker player, but since actually reading some of the stuff here have discovered i might as well have been playing slot machines! lol
Hope your year brings you many big stacks!
Take it easy...... or easilly take it
B.p

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 04:50 PM
(#5)
SilverStar
Hi kallin,
thanks for the reply! I just have to remeber good things come to those who wait.................. and play at their B/R limit!
all the best mate!
B.p

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 05:15 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2011
Sometimes I feel like You. Sometimes I think about bonuses more, than my actual bankroll And I am grinding down, till I see how much money I already lost.
Anyway, good luck with improving your mindset! I am sure You will get good results, just be patient.

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 06:06 PM
(#7)
SilverStar
hey KKN,
thnx mate! everyday is an opportunity to learn and put our lessons into practice!
A mistake is only a mistake if we dont learn from it!
Take it easy or easily take it!
B.p

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
I know these feeling very very well. Just the other week on full tilt i turned 50 into 600 then into 0 in a matter of hours. All playing well above my bankroll and skill. 2013 is my year to change this around also. Good luck.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com