Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

Charity

Old
Charity - Sat Jan 19, 2013, 09:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hello, not sure if this was the place to post this or not.

But as holdemace does, he thinks a lot.

Shame I was not rich, this idea is a killer.

I would like to see Stars or PSO to make a video book, rather than a book to read.
With todays technology we should have narated video books.
With diagrams and examples etc.

I would like to see all the Stars PROs make a little chapter for this video book,

and would love to see the proceeds going to charity. AS you do not hear about poker giving to charity much.

regards

steve

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 09:25 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Holdem,

You can also email ideas@pokerstars.com with this suggestion.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 11:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
and would love to see the proceeds going to charity. AS you do not hear about poker giving to charity much.
If you would have spent a few minutes on Google you would have found numerous articles on poker players donating money to charity. True to form you have once again chosen to make statements without any supporting evidence.

There appears to be no end to your delusions. If you couldn't take a few minutes to research this claim, how do you expect us to believe anything else you have said. Your "My mind is made up so don't confuse me with the facts!" attitude was grating at first, then it became reprehensible and now it is only pitiful.

Myself and others have tried to offer you advice and you paid lip service to some and ignored the rest, choosing to not see beyond your own closed mind.

You don't have to take our advice, but to denigrate the poker playing community at large is totally uncalled for. Face it, your actions show that you have no desire to do anything other than stir things up on this forum. Too bad the forum does not have an ignore feature so I will never accidentally come across one of your posts again.

http://www.pokerpages.com/player-profile/jerry-yang.htm

Last edited by royalraise85; Sat Jan 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: Removed links to competing sites.

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 12:24 PM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Moving this to Community as it's not really a support query, more of a suggestion.

I entirely agree with Joe that the wider poker playing community are a charitable bunch.

Here's another one of interest that Ads posted about yesterday.

Raiser

***moved***

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 01:03 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
l would like to add a person to that charitable bunch......

royalraise85 ( Paul )

For those that don't know.....he made a huge donation to a hospital, a very cool thing to do l must say,

cheers paul

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 01:45 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post

royalraise85 ( Paul )

For those that don't know.....he made a huge donation to a hospital, a very cool thing to do l must say,

cheers paul
+ 1

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 02:59 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:

royalraise85 ( Paul )

cheers paul

+1 squared

Was pure class then Paul,is pure class still.

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 03:07 PM
(#8)
Quote:

royalraise85 ( Paul )

cheers paul
For every known player who contributes to charity I believe there are dozens who do so without having names big enough nor the desire to be known to the public.

A tip of the hat to those fine ladies and gentlemen. That is the ultimate good decision.

Joe

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 03:09 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
If you would have spent a few minutes on Google you would have found numerous articles on poker players donating money to charity. True to form you have once again chosen to make statements without any supporting evidence.

There appears to be no end to your delusions. If you couldn't take a few minutes to research this claim, how do you expect us to believe anything else you have said. Your "My mind is made up so don't confuse me with the facts!" attitude was grating at first, then it became reprehensible and now it is only pitiful.

Myself and others have tried to offer you advice and you paid lip service to some and ignored the rest, choosing to not see beyond your own closed mind.

You don't have to take our advice, but to denigrate the poker playing community at large is totally uncalled for. Face it, your actions show that you have no desire to do anything other than stir things up on this forum. Too bad the forum does not have an ignore feature so I will never accidentally come across one of your posts again.

http://www.pokerpages.com/player-profile/jerry-yang.htm

Apparently those with "near Mensa-like" intellects have no need of pesky facts and knowledge and such. Instead they can just operate under assumptions and preconceived notions,no matter how wrong they may be.

The poker community has a well deserved reputation as being very well stocked with members who give back and give back frequently.

To be as wrong about this as he is,and when it's so simple to find countless examples of poker players and their charity,as Joe pointed out, make's one surmise that the ignorance of the OP'er on this matter is likely willful.

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 03:56 PM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2011
Hmmmm, here we go again.

What, I would like to see STARS or PSO making a video book, not saying players do not make contributions to charity. But i notice that stars themselves are not mentioned in your defense.

And more to the fact of bringing books into the current time frame, technology, so technology narated books. NOt just ebooks they are just boring.

A pokerstars book.

Thought it was simple to understand but obviously I am mistaken.

And to mock a charity post is not exceptable people.

Old
Sat Jan 19, 2013, 04:01 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Please email ideas@pokerstars.com with your idea.

Raiser

***closed***

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com