Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Zoom NL2 vs AQo vs two blinds wet board

Old
Zoom NL2 vs AQo vs two blinds wet board - Sun Jan 20, 2013, 03:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Hello,

I have no reads on villains.

How to react on such minraise 3b from BB? Is not that mean, he could have superstrong top 5 starting hand? Should I reraise to put him on definite range and to get off Small Blind?

On Flop I have double gut straight draw (6 outs, backdoor flush draw and two overcards. Still board is very wet. On such preflop I suppose Q9 is possible. Do You think my decision was correct to fold after reraise and call?

Thank You!

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi KKN,

I think you played the hand well, reraising mainly for information would not been great I think, since doing anything mainly for information is not a great idea especailly in Zoom, when you dont stay at the table.

Would be a good time to take notes as well,

villain 3: PF: min 3-bets KK
villain 2: PF: calls min 3-bet oop with J5o
Flop: mindonkbets Top Pair Weak Kicker and shoves big over raise

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 01:55 PM
(#3)
Thank You, Almightybald. Also great idea about taking notes on players - somehow I can not do that on Zoom - player is gone after hand, but I will try to make them in my HUD.

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 04:41 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
hi KKN,

We're not actually totally readless, because both villains start with odd stack sizes I think we can make a general assumption that they're not good players. V3's min-3b is a bet sizing tell of a very big hand that weak players do all the time. He wants to raise again but not to kill all his action. Still with AQs in position I think we should call for this price and see the flop, and our call will bring V2 as well improving our price. I don't like reraising because the range of hands that gives us big action is crushing AQ, and any foolish bluffs probably just fold. Plus I suspect we already know he's got a big pair quite a bit with this bet sizing

Folding to this flop action is good I think, we can't really count overcards as outs given the strength that's been shown, and a 9 may only be worth a chop. Plus if V2 is making a play with a flush draw that removes some of our outs. With only 3 clean outs to the nuts I don't think the price is good enough here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 04:46 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKNgroup View Post
Thank You, Almightybald. Also great idea about taking notes on players - somehow I can not do that on Zoom - player is gone after hand, but I will try to make them in my HUD.
If you use a HUD taking notes there is good, and you can do this after sessions by reviewing in your tracker. One thing I recommend for zoom players is doing this after a session is done, filtering the session for the big pots and reviewing them in your replayer and making notes. Many of these you won't even be involved in and having folded won't see them play out, but by doing this review you can gain a lot of insight about how players proceed in their big pots which is great for your future reads.

In the client you can use the visual hand replayer, it will allow you to right click villains and take notes from there as well.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 05:37 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
AQs plays well 3 handed in position, so calling the minraise is fine. You have great odds to flop the best hand or a big draw.
The mindonk is laughable and can be anything from a weak pair, a draw, or a monster like a set that wants action. The normal raise by the BB means you're definitely behind. I'd put that villain on TT+ and maybe AJs, so you have to hit the straight to win. When it gets back round to the SB and he shoves, it's all over. You have to fold. You might have as much as about 37% equity (if both villains just have one pair, like they actually did here), but more often one will have a set and the other will have you reverse dominated with AJ or AT. You'll have to contribute a third of the pot, but I don't see you winning this pot a third of the time. Just fold and wait for a spot where you have better odds, or you already have a made hand.
(If you'd had AQs in hearts instead of spades , you'd have a monster combo draw and could happily stack off, as you'd have a minimum of 36% equity and would have more than 50% if no one had a set).

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 02:10 AM
(#7)
Thank You, TheLangolier and ArtySmokesPS!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com