Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Jan 20, 2013, 04:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hello, I signed up a while ago and already did some of the training offered but missed this promo...I'm willing to start over again if need be...what's next.
?

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 04:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi, please wait for further instructions.

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaitanium64 View Post
Hello, I signed up a while ago and already did some of the training offered but missed this promo...I'm willing to start over again if need be...what's next.
?
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

Next Step

The first thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions. Ask the Live Trainer plenty of questions while you are attending, it's the best way to learn.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know as soon as you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 10:18 AM
(#4)
Thank you...I'm registered for the one beginning in a couple of hours...will report back sharpish..

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:18 PM
(#5)
Ok I've attended the getting started live training session...

I await your instructions...

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 06:57 AM
(#6)
so what's next?

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 07:18 AM
(#7)
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 07:45 AM
(#8)
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

So the table was fairly tight which is why I chose it...not as many all in maniacs... I'm thinking I could have got more out of this hand but I'm not sure how.
I limped hoping someone after me would raise so I could call and hit the set and stack him...but it didn't play out that way. I called the post flop bet as it was small and I had a pretty nice draw, turns out I was right, but I wasn't going to raise or initiate because of that Q, but I still feel like I lost money here...whaddaya think?

Last edited by Thaitanium64; Tue Jan 22, 2013 at 09:19 AM..

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 09:16 AM
(#9)
ok. I passed the poker basics assessment quiz...hooray!

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 07:12 AM
(#10)
bump

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 07:22 AM
(#11)
Quote:

So the table was fairly tight which is why I chose it...not as many all in maniacs... I'm thinking I could have got more out of this hand but I'm not sure how.
I limped hoping someone after me would raise so I could call and hit the set and stack him...but it didn't play out that way. I called the post flop bet as it was small and I had a pretty nice draw, turns out I was right, but I wasn't going to raise or initiate because of that Q, but I still feel like I lost money here...whaddaya think?
A table dynamic that's tight is not going to make as many mistakes as a loose table. In poker, we make money from other players mistakes.

Limping in would be fine, if every player frequently calls a pre-flop raise and based on the limping action(that may be the case)

But our hand is just so strong and we will have position post flop! I'd open for 3x + 1BB for each limper to try and thin the field down to at most 3way post flop. The less players that are involved in the pot, the better..as it'll increase our overall hand strength/equity and make our decisions a lot easier post flop.

Your turn raise is fine, it looks bluffy and you have a nut hand! But what were you trying to get value from on a 4 card straight board texture? We had TT which limits the combos of other possible Tx.

On the river, I'd bet a little less than half pot to ensure that we get called by a weaker holding. The villain checked the flop, bet the turn and checked river...when they called our turn raise it can mean several things...but I am more inclined to believe that they have a range of Qx weak kicker (maybe even 2pairs) or a range of 2nd pair trying to get to show down.

Quote:
ok. I passed the poker basics assessment quiz...hooray!
Well done on the quiz!

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours!

Please use this buy-in at a full table of 1/2c 9-Max NLHE, as your training is focused on this game format. If you encounter any difficult situations, post a hand replay in your thread and we'll analyze it.

Good luck at the tables!

Old
Don't slow play AA - Wed Jan 23, 2013, 10:22 AM
(#12)

Well this one hurt. just before this hand I was up 50cents and doing pretty well...

As you can see I slowed played these but I don't think our AK winner was going anywhere even if I shoved preflop...I chose to slow play and was happy when I got action but as you see it didn't go my way...I think I should have let them go when the 10 hit the turn but I didn't and payed for it...

Two hands later my KK got cracked by the same villain with AK again and I'm bust...

So what's next?

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 10:04 PM
(#13)
I want to ask if I shove villain #2 3 bet what are the chances villain #9 folds AKo?

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 09:11 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Well this one hurt. just before this hand I was up 50cents and doing pretty well...

As you can see I slowed played these but I don't think our AK winner was going anywhere even if I shoved preflop...I chose to slow play and was happy when I got action but as you see it didn't go my way...I think I should have let them go when the 10 hit the turn but I didn't and payed for it...

Two hands later my KK got cracked by the same villain with AK again and I'm bust...

So what's next?
Hi, nice start to your session! This is an unlucky spot post flop. No worries.

With the best "starting hand" in NLHE we want to play this hand as aggressively as possible pre-flop. Slow playing should only be utilized when we have a extremely strong hand/the nuts post flop, all AA will be post flop most of the time is just an over pair in a multi-way pot.

Quote:
I want to ask if I shove villain #2 3 bet what are the chances villain #9 folds AKo?
Yes it is perfectly fine to squeeze out one of the villains and in this case villain2!

Let's start with when villain9 5x on the BTN and villain2 in the big blind click back 3bets to 18c making the pot total 31c. This is a potential multi way pot if the we call and villain9 elects to call in position. We want to isolate one of the two villains for a heads up pot all in pre-flop, as it'll greatly increase our hand strength/equity post flop in the pot If we re-raise this pot to 98c to $1.28. vs. , we are over a 93% favorite to win the hand "preflop". So let's get maximum value by setting up the pot size to get stacks in pre-flop. If we flat call, depending on the bet sizing post flop it'll be difficult to get stacks in, as we all have a = stack depth of 100bb+ and ultimately be playing the pot out of position in a multiway pot.

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 09:16 AM
(#15)
Please take the Cash Game Quiz >>click here<<, once you have passed it please let me know and your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you!

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 05:01 AM
(#16)
Ok, I passed the cash game quiz...92%...could have been better I guess...

Sure would be cool if one could see the results and find out where one went wrong...hint...

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 09:06 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Ok, I passed the cash game quiz...92%...could have been better I guess...

Sure would be cool if one could see the results and find out where one went wrong...hint...
Well done on the quiz!

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours!

Good luck at the tables!

Old
Well this is not encouraging...at all. - Fri Jan 25, 2013, 12:43 PM
(#18)
So I enter this table and sit for a couple of orbits to pick up any reads I can and I notice this calling station(villian8)...I mean nothing is getting by this guy...he's limping every pot, betting every street and calling any and all raises and turning over garbage 80% of the time...I watched him call every street and get stacked twice by 2 different players...

The rest of the table is reasonably tight and I figure if I get some cards I can isolate this guy easy...so I join and this is what happens...

My mistake here^ was not folding to V6's post flop raise...V6 was tight and I was so focused on V8 that I missed the ringing bell...

Here I think I played it real well... my raise was to isolate V8...remember he's calling everything and opening every betting round so I'm thinking my K overcard is good here...catching the J on the river I thought was simply a bonus.

...and here well what can you say? Edit: Omg I just watched this one again...he checked the flop!! That was the first time he ever checked the flop...I'm such an idiot...

I can't believe I lost my stack to the same lucksack...I watched him for orbit after orbit turn over garbage...but in the 3 hands I go after him he has cards,sucks out...or gets lucky...I was ahead all 3 times A9s to 82o, KJ to QJ and JJ to 55...

very discouraging...

But I welcome you pointing out my mistakes(I did lose my whole buy in after all) and I'm sure I made some that I'm not aware of...I was merely providing my thought process...
Thanks.

well...moving along...what's next?

Edit: BTW I have only accumulated 2.7 vpps...

Last edited by Thaitanium64; Sat Jan 26, 2013 at 09:33 AM..

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 06:55 AM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi,

I will ask one of the hand analyser to take a look at these hands for you. He should do this later today sometime.

Once the hands have been analysed we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 06:58 AM
(#20)
whatever dude...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com