Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl fr zoom 79s ip 3way vs utg min open

Old
10nl fr zoom 79s ip 3way vs utg min open - Sun Jan 20, 2013, 08:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...873_4C54B3D887
no stats/reads on these players

On the flop it's pretty obvious he likes his hand : 50c cbet 3 way after a min raise. His range now should look like : flopped trips t8s overpairs and broadway flushdraws. Opted to raise it so I can take the pot down now and also stack with him if he decides to 4bet.
The turn doesn't change much. Maybe it's a scare card in his eyes even if it shouldn't be.Only 6h7h got there. And now I made the mistake of betting too small considering he's on a lot of overpairs (should've been smth like 4$)
When he shoves I have to call 5$ into 15$ so 25% and I have 15outs at best so `30% therefor I made the call.

Is a passive line better here considering we have a 3rd guy in?
What about turn line? is it better to take a free card or bet bigger ?

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
hi dysiclawl,

Preflop call in position is ok on this depth of money imo, although it's not great with no reads, since we don't know how to extract profit from these villains. Can we bluff them off scary boards? Will they pay off if we hit our hand? No reads = no idea how it's profitable. Still in a multi-way pot for in position, it's a reasonable speculation hand to take a flyer on.

On the flop, think about your reason for raising. You state "On the flop it's pretty obvious he likes his hand : 50c cbet 3 way after a min raise. His range now should look like : flopped trips t8s overpairs and broadway flushdraws." And then follow with "Opted to raise it so I can take the pot down now".... Of the range you've assigned him on the flop, which of those hands is he folding to a raise? I think the answer is none of them. If he reraises you can get the money in preflop with this big a draw and not ever feel bad about it, but you're not leveraging any fold equity then. I think it's better to either make a much bigger raise here with 2 players in (one of whom is short) or not raise at all and call in position.

On the turn I would definitely take a free cards imo. You make the comment maybe this is a scare card to him... again I would ask which hands in his flop range does the 5s scare? It's actually one of the safer cards in the deck, and is not going to persuade him to fold any of his range imo. And we don't want to get check-raised and forced to play for stacks as a dog now with 1 card to come, or fold off a hand with ~ 30 equity in the pot. So I don't like betting bigger or even betting at all in this situation, since his entire range is ahead of us and he's not folding to this turn card.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com