Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL - weird spot with KK

Old
10NL - weird spot with KK - Sun Jan 20, 2013, 04:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
I got myself stuck in this bad spot, so I'm looking for some insight on my turn x/c line and river decision.

Villain 33/29/3 (52 hands) - I would like to treat this opponent as an unknown due to the small sample size

Old
Sun Jan 20, 2013, 11:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
I'll actually bet-fold the Turn, not too worried about the club, plus we have a club ourselves. By checking we're left guessing. As played, since we displayed weakness OTT and OTR by checking, I think he might be betting worse like Tx. Calling should be better than folding here I guess.

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 12:11 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
I agree with Awesome here.
You need to bet on the turn

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 03:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
hi geo,

As played I would check-call the river. I don't want to treat the opponent as an unknown since although 52 hands is a small sample, he has in fact been pretty loose-aggressive in that time. This is a villain who I would surmise is capable of both betting a ten thinking he's good and bluffing a busted big club since we check/called the turn.

I'm not sure how much I like bet-folding this particular turn card vs. a very aggressive opponent who will raise me with all his better hands and is capable of sometimes raising as a semi-bluff as well. But I do agree with Awesome that we don't want to be left guessing... we should only take a check/call line imo if we think a villain will bluff a lot, or will bet worse made hands that he might not call with if we keep firing, i.e. we have a clear picture of how this line will be profitable/maximize value vs. this particular villain in this spot. But then we're not guessing, we have a plan for the hand we believe is profitable and we're simply executing that plan. If we aren't going to know how to respond when bet at twice with a c/c line, against a loose-aggressive player (who is more likely to do this with a wider range), then just bet the turn, but imo in this spot whether or not barreling is the best way to maximize value is uncertain.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com