Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Hotter $0.55 - AKo against Calling Station

Old
Hotter $0.55 - AKo against Calling Station - Sun Jan 20, 2013, 06:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Had this hand.

Villain_1 was 47/14 over 36 hands. Villain_2 was new, seemed quite aggressive, and was playing 50/25 over 8 hands. Villain_6 was my concern, playing 62/8 over 26 hands.

Even though I won, I now think I may not have played this the correct way. Villain_6 was a calling station, and would call with almost anything - even complete air. But I made the shove because I knew that she liked taking a stab at the pot with a tiny bet if no one else had, and I don't ever feel comfortable calling tiny bets.

Is there a better way I could have played this?

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey christxof

I'm in favour of shipping our hand preflop. We have 25 bb's so it is a big ship but it can look like a squeeze which is god and there is just under 800 chips in the middle 'over 25% of our stack'.

When we 3bet I expect to get flatted a lot by these weak players which can create all sorts of awkward situations post flop, so shoving it pre is the best line to take.

As played I'm shoving when it's checked to us too. The board is a little coordinated but with 3300 in the middle and 2100 behind it's fine.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com