Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Holdemace486's 2013 Time Vault Goals.

Old
Holdemace486's 2013 Time Vault Goals. - Mon Jan 21, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
What are my goals for 2013, I did have other intentions and thought I was ready to handle pressure, but failure came fast,
and I was forced to regroup my thinking.

So with a 0.78c BR, I was looking down and out, pressure on,no chips, I just love it.

9 dollers 36c, now I can have a goal.

1.To post bloggs twice a month with some talking about hand situations.

2.Remember number one,it is a part of the challenge,and do not failure to do it.

3.To keep playing steady, not too many games in one day.

4.Play mainly 45 mans as this seems to be my strongest game.

5.To take shots, a percentage of my role to take shots at a different format and buyin.
One shot to be played only when my BR as reached above 15 dollers.
And no shots if I am showing losses per 6 games on 45 mans 25c buyin after 15 dollers.

6.To attend live training only when I can find the time without tiring myself out.

Yearly goals

1.to not get raged

2.to not get raged

3.try to turn 9.36c into 100 dollers

PLAYING GOALS

1.Try to take 9.36c to 15 dollers playing only 45 man 25c buyins.

2.To update my weekly progress, twice a week as per challenge asks.

3.To only play one shot a week max

4.To review my situation and BR March 1st 2013.

21/1/2013

Starting BR - 9.36c

25c 45man

g1-

Last edited by holdemace486; Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 04:12 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Looks Good Holdemace,

I like 3 and 4 a lot,

What percentage are you thinking of for 5?

as for 6 sounds good but don't forget if you cant make the live trainings lots of great stuff in the video archive too.

GL

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 21, 2013, 08:18 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Looks Good Holdemace,

I like 3 and 4 a lot,

What percentage are you thinking of for 5?

as for 6 sounds good but don't forget if you cant make the live trainings lots of great stuff in the video archive too.

GL

Grade b

Thx B, roughly 7 percent on shots no more, may drop the percent if the BR grows.

maybe shots at 1 doller 45 mans to start.

And yes good idea I forget the videos are there some times, thanks.

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 10:45 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 06:59 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Good luck on your challenge for the year.

Don't forget that if you want to qualify for the >>Time Vault<< you will also need to write a blog about your challenge in the >>Blog<< section.

All the instructions on how to qualify for this years Time Vault promotion can be found >>HERE<<

Best of luck with your poker goals for 2013!

Raiser
Ty Paul appreciated links, I have posted my blogg hope its enough for the start to get my unique code thingy me bob lol.

Old
MY 1st time vault goals update. - Tue Jan 22, 2013, 08:34 PM
(#6)
I hate to say it, Im really getting into this vault challenge,
I did not think I would enjoy, but I see this as a challenge with rules, but its all in my own hands to complete.

Whether I lose or win, It does not matter if I gain some discipline at least.

UPDATE

So far I am sticking to my goals, a rocky start

8/45 then another 2 losses..

Did I tilt?

2/45

new BR 10.58c.

I was going to make a list game by game, but decided, personally with my issues am better off reporting like this.

Next 2 games crucial, need to draw away from the 10 doller mark.

Old
Added goals - Wed Jan 23, 2013, 09:00 PM
(#7)
As I say on March 1st 2013 I will review my situation.

This will be done on a monthly basis, the 1st of each calender month.

And in my thread I will openly give my thoughts on my own progress and review my best options.

This weeks thoughts, I have started to get a bit loose, I need to tighten down after my last 2, the important 2, I had early exits.

Back down to 10.08c

currently playing my 3rd of the day.

So if i do not make I.T.M, I will be below 10 dollers.

I will soon also post some Hand History and my thought of what I could of done better, self analysis.

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 09:31 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Oh, sorry for the time lag in making a post in your thread too - the site wouldn't load up

Also, I was looking for Moxie's tip sheets on how to crush those $0.25-45's ... will have to see if I can find one of them ...

I wonder if it might help take some of the pressure off to post hands instead of $ updates? That's what a lot of experts on avoiding tilt recommend we all do (like Jared Tendler) ... like, focus on playing the best game we can, because then the money'll follow? I think that's helped ...

Will have to see if I can find one of Moxie's old posts ... will go look for one now!!

GL GL holdem!!!

Last edited by TrustySam; Wed Jan 23, 2013 at 09:35 PM..

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 09:51 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Well ... the bad news is that Moxie's got a gazillion posts, so I had a pickle of a time finding one where he's discussed strategy for those $0.25-45's from beginning to end.

The good news is that like 95% of his gazillion posts have been discussions with you

Guess you guys are sort of like 'frenemies' or something, eh? So maybe that'll mean that for better/worse, so long as you're playing the same game that Moxie used to, you'll surely hear from him one way or the other?

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 10:44 PM
(#10)
Have to echo Trustysam here,

Holdemace when you focus game by game on results You tilt.. you may not know it but the results in your threads speak for them selfs,

so do as TrusySam recommends and make posts of great plays / reads and bad beats or tricky spots, update the bankroll maybe once a month as one of your blog entries.

The challenge is not about Money won as such but picking goals as a focus and interacting with the community.

Honestly even the top pro cannot look at a run of 10 games and say look at these it proves.......

You can do it if you focus on your strengths and play ONLY WHEN YOU ARE Comfortable.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:23 AM
(#11)
deleted

Last edited by holdemace486; Thu Jan 24, 2013 at 03:27 PM..

Old
This one hurt - Thu Jan 24, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#12)
Time out time, this one got me stressed. 2nd hand in I had a gut feeling instant read on opp.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=9B3F9DFC67

I just knew I was good and in front.

Several hands later, again I had got the read, I was thinking only if we had burn cards, both Jacks would of been burnt.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=8177E12325

I did not tilt and regained chips

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=21DE596C63

Then my exit hand, pfffff, I raised 500, my thoughts were on the BB and if he shoved, I could then re-raise any callers.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=86FD6296AA

Im never folding in this spot ever to be honest, and yes the ace on the turn would of been burnt with cards to come yes I know, but my way of thinking will never change, but neither will my game or plan.

Last edited by holdemace486; Thu Jan 24, 2013 at 04:37 PM..

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 05:15 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Have to echo Trustysam here,

Holdemace when you focus game by game on results You tilt.. you may not know it but the results in your threads speak for them selfs,

so do as TrusySam recommends and make posts of great plays / reads and bad beats or tricky spots, update the bankroll maybe once a month as one of your blog entries.

The challenge is not about Money won as such but picking goals as a focus and interacting with the community.

Honestly even the top pro cannot look at a run of 10 games and say look at these it proves.......

You can do it if you focus on your strengths and play ONLY WHEN YOU ARE Comfortable.

Grade b
Hey, just wanted to say thanks so much again grade b for all the great advice you've given me in my thread as well ... lots of common sense stuff, that sometimes in the moment it's easy to forget

Just wanted to add that that idea to focus on game stuff instead of $ is Jared Tendler's. Thought that was important to note, since i'm not exactly the picture of like a calm, even-tempered disposition and stuff And so the fact that I don't tilt nearly as much as I'm sure I might otherwise, I think is due to having read his stuff? I don't think I've been back to the bad beat section of the forum since picking up his book, so ... thought maybe his idea might help out with your tilt too?

Forgot to add one more key detail though - when we focus on our hands, we're supposed to focus on the stuff we can change (improving our play), and not the stuff we can't (variance)!!

Maybe worth a shot? GL GL holdem!

Last edited by TrustySam; Thu Jan 24, 2013 at 05:22 PM..

Old
The incredible hulk - Thu Jan 24, 2013, 07:15 PM
(#14)
I do not why and it should not be but I have to get fired up before I can get my game on. You wont like me when I am angry,hence the title.

I continued to not tilt and entered another 45 man 25c, and a says it all.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=466D78993B

I truly felt I owned this tourney, thanks.......

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 07:19 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
yes I know, but my way of thinking will never change, but neither will my game or plan.

Then why attend Pokerschool? You are saying that no matter what you refuse to change, Do you really mean that or is it the tilt talking.

I ask because I would like to know if there is any point in attempting to help you change your poker thinking if you have already decided you are not going to....

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 07:27 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Time out time, this one got me stressed. 2nd hand in I had a gut feeling instant read on opp.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=9B3F9DFC67

I just knew I was good and in front.

Several hands later, again I had got the read, I was thinking only if we had burn cards, both Jacks would of been burnt.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=8177E12325

I did not tilt and regained chips

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=21DE596C63

Then my exit hand, pfffff, I raised 500, my thoughts were on the BB and if he shoved, I could then re-raise any callers.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=86FD6296AA

Im never folding in this spot ever to be honest, and yes the ace on the turn would of been burnt with cards to come yes I know, but my way of thinking will never change, but neither will my game or plan.

Hand 1 When he goes all in here with his straight and flush draw, What do you beat? Would he make this play with a T or a 7,2 or a K. In this hand the only thing you are truely beating is a flush draw (after all what if he played 34 of hearts. There are times when you can go with these reads (and I would have too last month) , But as i have learnt 1st level of a Tourny is not the time.

Hand 2 yep unlucky mate but for your information the 3 burn cards in this hand result in your opponent rivering a flush.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 07:32 PM
(#17)
Quote:
I do not why and it should not be but I have to get fired up before I can get my game on. You wont like me when I am angry,hence the title.

I continued to not tilt and entered another 45 man 25c, and a says it all.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=466D78993B

I truly felt I owned this tourney, thanks.......

Nice one Holdemace,

You realise that if we had burn cards your gone out in 8th...just saying

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 07:56 PM
(#18)
Yes B, I do see your point. And having a recent conversation with a friend we did see a strange conclusion.

My friend and I could both see my point, but we also decided that no matter what or which way we look at it, we still have the same chance as every one else.

So if ten percent can do it, so can I and all.

And thanks for the congrats B, I needed a boost, and big shocker I am sticking to the goals as yet.

I have less I.T.M than normal, but my finishes are stronger.

good luck B, I will drop by your thread later to see how you are doing.

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 08:07 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Hand 1 When he goes all in here with his straight and flush draw, What do you beat? Would he make this play with a T or a 7,2 or a K. In this hand the only thing you are truely beating is a flush draw (after all what if he played 34 of hearts. There are times when you can go with these reads (and I would have too last month) , But as i have learnt 1st level of a Tourny is not the time.

Hand 2 yep unlucky mate but for your information the 3 burn cards in this hand result in your opponent rivering a flush.

Grade b
Hey B yes I agree that was an early push, but after the opps 1st hand and an overbet on the turn, I just sensed I was good and looked for the opportunity to get stacked, then gives me a more relaxed game rather than hanging on in to be possible blinded out.
Risky yes,

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 08:39 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Oh, sorry for the time lag in making a post in your thread too - the site wouldn't load up

Also, I was looking for Moxie's tip sheets on how to crush those $0.25-45's ... will have to see if I can find one of them ...

I wonder if it might help take some of the pressure off to post hands instead of $ updates? That's what a lot of experts on avoiding tilt recommend we all do (like Jared Tendler) ... like, focus on playing the best game we can, because then the money'll follow? I think that's helped ...

Will have to see if I can find one of Moxie's old posts ... will go look for one now!!

GL GL holdem!!!

There in there somewhere Sam. Old days I would pull it up myself,but like so many other things in the "new and improved" PSO the forum search feature cooks my grits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Well ... the bad news is that Moxie's got a gazillion posts, so I had a pickle of a time finding one where he's discussed strategy for those $0.25-45's from beginning to end.

The good news is that like 95% of his gazillion posts have been discussions with you

Guess you guys are sort of like 'frenemies' or something, eh? So maybe that'll mean that for better/worse, so long as you're playing the same game that Moxie used to, you'll surely hear from him one way or the other?

Nope,I don't understand advanced concepts so I'll take a pass.

GL to all in these goal pursuits though,the ONE piece of advice I'll give to everyone is that if you fall off the path come February when the promo winds down then you're missing the forest for the trees.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com