Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Jan 22, 2013, 01:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Avinash

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 04:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiCiK910 View Post
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Avinash
Hi AiCiK910

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether your account is eligible. Here is a >>link<< that will help to get you more familiar with the things that PSO has to offer.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 12:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AiCiK910,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 04:03 PM
(#4)
Hi JWK24,

As you had suggested, I attended the 'Getting Started' training sessions with the following details:

Saturday 02 FEB 2013
15:00 - 15:20 (ET)
Viewers: Not Allowed
Participants: 16/100
Guests: Not Allowed
Trainer: ChewMe1
Link: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/tools/hrlive?id=28182

And also had been playing Play Money NL ring tables, and had quite a situation where I couldn't think what to do, please suggest me what should I have done to play it better. Here's the replayer link for it:

And also suggest me the next logical step for the bank builder promotion.

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 02:24 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AiCiK910!

You may want to try the full ring tables, as once you earn the first buy-in, the 1/2 cent FULL RING tables will be the only ones that you can play or you will disqualify yourself from being able to earn further buy-ins.

With QT preflop in the BB, I'm going to check and see the flop for free.

I flop top pair in a 5-way pot that has a straight draw possible and even a made straight. I need to bet the flop here, both for value (for my top pair) and to protect my hand against someone that has a 7 or 9 that is trying to draw to a straight. Because of the large number of opps in the hand, I'm going to make a pot-sized bet of 100 here. If there were fewer players in the pot, I'd bet less, but I need to try to get some of the opps to fold, which will make playing the rest of the hand easier for me.

The turn pairs the 6, so now I'm also behind anyone with a 6. With only two opps in the pot, I'm going to lead here for 2/3 pot or 133 chips. I want to keep the lead in the hand and if I get raised or called, I'll re-evaluate.

The river 9 completes any straight to a 7 or QJ. Here since I've lead bet twice and was called, I'm going to check. I will call a small bet from the opp and I will fold to a large bet from them. When the opp makes a VERY small bet in relation to the size of the pot, I'm going to call and hope that the opp does not show me a better hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 02:26 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AiCiK910!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 04:52 AM
(#7)
Hi JWK24,

Thanks for the input. I would definitely keep it in mind for my further plays.

As it might be, I have been reading and reading and have completed the 'Poker Basics' assessment quiz.

Will be looking forward to the first cash.

Thanks

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 01:17 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AiCiK910!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen. It's always best to buy-into a table with the maximum that you can. That way, you can get paid more for your monster hands.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 01:07 AM
(#9)
The player I was up against was playing loose by re-raising OOP with rags and even betting heavy with draws. I had KQs and got top hit and was trying to induce a bluff.

But it didn't work my way as this time, he had a real hand

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 03:55 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
The player I was up against was playing loose by re-raising OOP with rags and even betting heavy with draws. I had KQs and got top hit and was trying to induce a bluff.

But it didn't work my way as this time, he had a real hand
Hi AiCiK910

Nice job picking up a read on the villain. This wasn't the best spot to try a (semi) bluff though. Let's take a closer look.

Opening preflop with KQs is fine. However, stick to the standard bet sizes. It will help. I would have gone 3x, or 6 cents here. You get reraised by the laggy villain, but let's look at the situation. Firstly, your hand is good enough to open with, but it is not a premium hand. Ax, pocket pairs plus AK and AQ in particular are ahead of you. Moreover, you will be out of position this time, not the villain! If you want to make a move on the lag, you either need a strong made hand, or position on him at least. Finally, when bluffing, or semi-bluffing, it is best to be the aggressor. By doing the raising yourself, you get the chance that the villain will fold as well. It would be better to attack the lag when he is in the blinds.

As played, you flop top pair, but not top kicker. You might be good, but I would not risk most/all of my stack with just a pair. Definately not with top pair, but not top kicker. Remember, you were the all in caller, not the raiser.

This is a common leak. We spot a fish at the table, but overplay good but not great hands against them. Try to be patient and wait until you can get into a better spot before risking stacks against this type of player.

You had the right idea at least

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Feb 07, 2013, 01:01 PM
(#11)
Hi Roland,

Thanks for the inputs, will keep it in mind the next time.

Here's another one. I had AKo and the other guy had K3o and I'm not very sure of how to play this hand.

Please help.

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 01:53 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi Roland,

Thanks for the inputs, will keep it in mind the next time.

Here's another one. I had AKo and the other guy had K3o and I'm not very sure of how to play this hand.

Please help.
Hi AiCiK910

Bad luck on the river! Remember, in the long run it is exacly opponents like this that we make the most money off of.

I like your line and bet sizes up to the turn. When the villain mini-raises you we need to have a plan for the rest of the hand. The villain only has 34 cents behind. So this is probably going in on the river. If you intend on calling a river bet, then iw would be better to be the aggressor and 3-bet all in now on the turn. The villain may fold. Furthermore, if they are chasing a draw, bet now while they still think they have a chance of winning.

Whether to move all in on the turn or fold is read dependant. Min-raises are often a tell of a strong hand. However, the villain is short stacked so the risk is not that great. Either way, I think raising or folding on the turn would have been better than calling.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 03:48 PM
(#13)
Hi Roland,

Thanks for the input. I thought so too, pushing it all in the middle, but then decided otherwise making a poor read on the villian. But will keep this in mind while taking another shot.

On the other note, I attended the 'Bet Sizing' session by Dave 'TheLangolier' (id: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/tools/hrlive?id=28376) and am ready to move on to the next stage.

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 04:17 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AiCiK910!

Please keep playing with this buy-in until either you are able to accumulate 10vpp's with it or that you lose it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 06:13 PM
(#15)
Hi JWK24,

Do you mean the first buy-in that I had got? If so, I've already lost that and even lost the $1 I made on PSO Open league one day.

And my VPPs not gotten anywhere, so what would you suggest me to do?

Thanks

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com