Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Time Vault Challenge

Old
Time Vault Challenge - Tue Jan 22, 2013, 06:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Just wanted to make a personal comment here,take it or leave it as you will.

I think it's a great thing that PSO and Pokerstars is running a promotion that encourages players to set out clearly defined poker goals. I think that whether they win the promotional prize or not that every player can be helped by having such a discipline to their games. And judging by three pages of players making attempts to win the promotion I would say it's been a success in sparking interest in this very important part of the game. And one that is often neglected,if not outright ignored.

However I would be remiss in not pointing out that one player in particular has himself openly advocated,on SEVERAL occasions,for there to be a stand alone section of this Forum for players to set personal time-based goals tied to play,study and analysis and give updates on the same. And he was met with resistance from the leadership,such as it is,of this community at every turn. His efforts were shunted to other forum sections repeatedly. A gross miscalculation in my opinion and the opinion of many others.

He's steadily adhered to his year long poker goals in this Forum with the laying out of objectives,a plan to do so and keen insight into this pursuit. And quite frankly,he has kicked major ass in doing so.

His efforts has encouraged others to do the same,long before any promotion was set up. His thread on his goals is one of the few,one of the VERY FEW,things that keeps people who have been around here for quite some time,myself included,coming back.

Now knowing the way things work around here these days I'm going to be far from surprised to see some johnny come lately "member" of this community who we've rarely,if ever,seen contribute before this promotion began,actually win it. And of course we'll summarily never see that person again,or at least until the next promotion.

But I think,and I'm hoping that I'm not alone in this,that it will weigh heavily on the minds of all who will decide this that there was,and IS,one person who was far out in front of the pack on this issue and didn't need a promotional carrot on a stick to continue in his efforts to do this for the community.

Good luck on shipping this Trap,no one deserves it more IMO. An opinion that I'm sure I'm far from alone in.

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 07:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
I welcome your post Moxie

May I also point out that the only reason the 'Time Vault' challenge was introduced was that we listened to Sandtrap's suggestion for having a promotion like this in the first place.

I have no problem in saying that Sandtrap led the way here. We do listen to members sugestions and if possible at all we will try to implement them.

For any member that is considering taking up the Time Vault challenge I would recommend taking some time out to read through Sandtraps 'Goals 2012' thread as an example of not only how it should be done but also to see what can be achieved with some hard work and dedication.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 07:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Thanx Mox and also Paul (raiser)

It is true that I suggested to raiser about PSO doing something about setting goals for 2013, as it is very important to do so. Just look at the pro's or companies, they all set goals for the upcoming years.

I was very skeptical, but as you can see, PSO does listen to suggestions.

Thanks PSO

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 07:36 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie pip View Post
just wanted to make a personal comment here,take it or leave it as you will.

I think it's a great thing that pso and pokerstars is running a promotion that encourages players to set out clearly defined poker goals. I think that whether they win the promotional prize or not that every player can be helped by having such a discipline to their games. And judging by three pages of players making attempts to win the promotion i would say it's been a success in sparking interest in this very important part of the game. And one that is often neglected,if not outright ignored.

However i would be remiss in not pointing out that one player in particular has himself openly advocated,on several occasions,for there to be a stand alone section of this forum for players to set personal time-based goals tied to play,study and analysis and give updates on the same. And he was met with resistance from the leadership,such as it is,of this community at every turn. His efforts were shunted to other forum sections repeatedly. A gross miscalculation in my opinion and the opinion of many others.

He's steadily adhered to his year long poker goals in this forum with the laying out of objectives,a plan to do so and keen insight into this pursuit. And quite frankly,he has kicked major ass in doing so.

His efforts has encouraged others to do the same,long before any promotion was set up. His thread on his goals is one of the few,one of the very few,things that keeps people who have been around here for quite some time,myself included,coming back.

Now knowing the way things work around here these days i'm going to be far from surprised to see some johnny come lately "member" of this community who we've rarely,if ever,seen contribute before this promotion began,actually win it. And of course we'll summarily never see that person again,or at least until the next promotion.

But i think,and i'm hoping that i'm not alone in this,that it will weigh heavily on the minds of all who will decide this that there was,and is,one person who was far out in front of the pack on this issue and didn't need a promotional carrot on a stick to continue in his efforts to do this for the community.

Good luck on shipping this trap,no one deserves it more imo. An opinion that i'm sure i'm far from alone in.
extremely well put mox!

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Tue Jan 22, 2013, 07:52 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
I welcome your post Moxie

May I also point out that the only reason the 'Time Vault' challenge was introduced was that we listened to Sandtrap's suggestion for having a promotion like this in the first place.

I have no problem in saying that Sandtrap led the way here. We do listen to members sugestions and if possible at all we will try to implement them.

For any member that is considering taking up the Time Vault challenge I would recommend taking some time out to read through Sandtraps 'Goals 2012' thread as an example of not only how it should be done but also to see what can be achieved with some hard work and dedication.

Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Thanx Mox and also Paul (raiser)

It is true that I suggested to raiser about PSO doing something about setting goals for 2013, as it is very important to do so. Just look at the pro's or companies, they all set goals for the upcoming years.

I was very skeptical, but as you can see, PSO does listen to suggestions.

Thanks PSO

Then I stand happily corrected on someone,anyone,at PSO finally giving Trap an ear on this issue.

I still say Trap was and is correct in there needing to be a single,stand-alone section for goals and also BR considerations (we see far too many queries/gripes about individual hands here and not enough about "bigger picture" concerns IMO...). Hoping that the interest shown in this promotion gives more credence to this idea. If that happens then EVERYONE stands to win in the end.

Paul,I know from your humility on other fronts that you won't take credit yourself on this,but somehow I have a sneaking suspicion that any efforts made on this front had plenty of positive and doggedly diligent input from you. You are one of the peeps who continues to give myself and others hope for PSO yet.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com