Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Jan 23, 2013, 02:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

SleepyLynx

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 06:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyLynx View Post
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

SleepyLynx
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 06:57 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi there,

Can anyone help?

SleepyLynx
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

Bookmark this page so that you can find it easily in the future.

Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 09:54 PM
(#4)
Hi again, attended 'Getting Started' session.
Ready for the next step.

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 09:24 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi again, attended 'Getting Started' session.
Ready for the next step.
Hi SleepyLynx,

We can see that you did attend the session yesterday. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before?

Just a note though that it was only the 'Getting Started' session that you needed to attend, you will have to attend the other sessions later in the promotion.

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 12:16 PM
(#6)
Hi again, session was helpfull, pointed at some features I didn't noticed by myself .

Here are some hands:

I got pair of 7, It looked nice, 3 players called and one made small raise, my position was good so I re-raised. Then there was reraise after me and 2 more players called. Then after my reraise two players went all in. Thats the moment that confused me. They were short on chips so I had them covered, so I chosed to call. I got lucky and won, but other player had clearly better hand.

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 05:42 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi,

Thanks for posting this hand. I've asked one of the hand analysers to look at it for you and offer some feedback. He will do this within the next 24 hours.

Once this is done we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 08:25 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi again, session was helpfull, pointed at some features I didn't noticed by myself .

Here are some hands:

I got pair of 7, It looked nice, 3 players called and one made small raise, my position was good so I re-raised. Then there was reraise after me and 2 more players called. Then after my reraise two players went all in. Thats the moment that confused me. They were short on chips so I had them covered, so I chosed to call. I got lucky and won, but other player had clearly better hand.
Hi SleepyLynx

Nice pot

There are two important points to note in this hand. Firslty, as played, I strongly suggest sticking to standard bet sizes. A reraise should be 3x the raise plus 1x for each caller. Min-raising as you did here will not get anyone to fold. It just builds the pot. Big pairs like AA work best against a single opponent. Smaller pairs such as your 77 are best played as a prospective hand. This is my second point.

Prospective hands are smallish pairs, suited connectors and Axs hands. These hands do not win often, but when you get a set, straight or flush, you often win a large pot. With these hands we want to see the flop as cheaply as possible and with multiple opponents. If you flop a set, great. Start betting! If you miss, then you can check-fold the hand. This is a small investment for a chance at a large reward.

I suggest just calling the original min-raise to 40 preflop here. Keep the pot small until you see the flop. Remember, with 77 more than half the deck is overcards to your pair.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 02:55 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:36 PM
(#10)
Hi, passed the quiz, but got only 63%, not much.
Got suggestion to read the "Poker Hand Rankings", "The Rule of Two and Four" lessons again. Why is there no option to review incorrect answers, would be nice to understand where you made mistake to improve.

Also want to say thx to Roland GTX for the feedback, explained a lot. And sure big thx to you, royalraise85, for your time and guidance, really helpfull.

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:14 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, passed the quiz, but got only 63%, not much.
Got suggestion to read the "Poker Hand Rankings", "The Rule of Two and Four" lessons again. Why is there no option to review incorrect answers, would be nice to understand where you made mistake to improve.

Also want to say thx to Roland GTX for the feedback, explained a lot. And sure big thx to you, royalraise85, for your time and guidance, really helpfull.
Hi SleepyLynx,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 05:27 PM
(#12)
Hi again

Got my buy-in, games are definitely much more interesting now, played few hours today. Also attended 'Bet Sizing' live training session.

And the hand I lost most so far:

and one more if its ok

Last edited by SleepyLynx; Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 09:29 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 02:24 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Hi again

Got my buy-in, games are definitely much more interesting now, played few hours today. Also attended 'Bet Sizing' live training session.

And the hand I lost most so far:

and one more if its ok

Hi SleepyLynx

First hand KJs: Firstly, KJs is a bit weak to be opening with from early positon. I would open with this hand from the CO or better, but from early or mid position. Far too often we lose big pots with the second best hand to someone holding AK or KQ for example.

KJs can also be played from the btn as a prospective hand if there are several players already in the pot. In these cases, you want to flop a straight or flush draw rather than top pair.

As played, you get called by the deep stacked btn who has position on you. Any reads on this guy? How did he get his big stack? Without a read, I would put him on a prosective hand such as a pocket pair, suited connectors or Axs, plus some other broadway hands like A10o+ and KQ.

You flop top pair on a board that seems fairly safe. There are no straight draws, but there is a flush draw. C-betting looks good and you bet sizing was good too. Now you get min-raised. At 2NL a min-raise is often a tell of a very strong hand. On this board he might do it with AK and he might be aggressively playing a flush draw, but a set of 8s or 6s seems more likely. A read would help narrow the range. This might be a fold or a reraise.

I don't lke calling out of position as you did. You have lost the initiative in the hand and will have a tough spot on the turn no matter what card comes.

As played, you bet too small on the turn. Small bets are never going to scare the villain into folding. Moreover, your turn bet looks like a weak blocking bet. A good player will reraise you quite often here. When you get reraised folding would have been best. As Dave mentioned in an earlier post, try not to overvalue top pair hands, especially when you don't have top kicker.

Second hand AJo: Preflop I would actually just have limped behind and treated my hand as a prospective hand. You have position on everyone which will help you postflop. Moreover with 3 limpers already in the hand, it is unlikely that all will fold. Raising as you did may be ok though. I play pretty tight

As played, your betsizing preflop was good. Any reads on the villains? You got a great flop with an open ended straight draw and nut flush draw. You have 15 outs which the rule of 4 says is a 60% chance of improving to a very strong hand.

Villain 9 makes a tiny 6 cent raise into a 42 cent pot. Reraising as you did is perfect - good job. I might have raised a bit less, but 30 is fine compared to the pot.

The turn is a bad card for you. Now a full house is possible. With a read, reraising again may have been best, but without a read I would go into pot control mode and call as you did.

You missed the river and have nothing but high card now. Even though the villain may be bluffing. You do not have a hand to call with. Good fold.

I hope this helps!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:14 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi again
Hi SleepyLynx,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 03:20 PM
(#15)
Hi, passed the quiz (85%). "Miscalculating outs" is a bit complicated atm (considering time limit), but I think I understood main aspects of the course.
Ready for next step.

Last edited by SleepyLynx; Tue Jan 29, 2013 at 04:02 PM..

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 06:12 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, passed the quiz (85%). "Miscalculating outs" is a bit complicated atm (considering time limit), but I think I understood main aspects of the course.
Ready for next step.
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables).

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 09:03 AM
(#17)
Hi again ,

Here's hand that I had some problems with. Opponent looked tight/aggressive to me. But I got he wasn't expecting and still flash draw on the flop was a bit scary. Was my betting right in long term perspective?

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 04:06 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Hi again ,

Here's hand that I had some problems with. Opponent looked tight/aggressive to me. But I got he wasn't expecting and still flash draw on the flop was a bit scary. Was my betting right in long term perspective?

Hi SleepyLynx

Exciting hand!

66 is good enough to play from mid postion. However, any time you are the first to enter a pot, always do so with a raise. No matter what your cards are. This conceals the strength of your hand, builds the pot, and often wins the blinds outright. Moreover, if you intend on calling a raise, it is better to be the aggressor and raise yourself.

On the flop you have a flush draw, but it is important to note that your 6 is rather low. The villain may already have or be drawing to a better flush. This warrants caution. Calling is boarderline. A read would help tremendously here. Folding would be my choice without a read.

The turn is interesting. You get your set, but there are still three hearts on the board. Now you have outs for a flush and outs for a full house on the river. I would suggest calling the bet rather than reraising. There is just too great a chance that you have the second best hand, even if you get a flush on the river. The only good truly good card would be if the board pairs giving you a full house.

Very nice result, but try to be a bit more cautios in these spots in the future. Overvalueing the second best hand can be very costly in the long run. Im glad this one went your way

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com