Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Tricky decision with A flush high

Old
Cool
Tricky decision with A flush high - Wed Jan 23, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#1)
SENJATROLLET's Avatar
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
I had AsQd


*LuLuLuLu*La: bets $2

SENJATROLLET: calls $2

*** TURN *** [4s 3s 7s] [4d]

SENJATROLLET: checks

*LuLuLuLu*La: bets $5.50

SENJATROLLET: calls $5.50

*** RIVER *** [4s 3s 7s 4d] [Js]

SENJATROLLET: bets $4.50

*LuLuLuLu*La: raises $21.48 to $25.98 and is all-in


How would you played this hand?

Last edited by SENJATROLLET; Wed Jan 23, 2013 at 04:59 PM..
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 12:17 AM
(#2)
TheAwesomeNW's Avatar
Since: Mar 2012
Posts: 474
Be great with the Hand Replayer. Is it at 50NL? If he's a reg or passive player, chances are that he's got a boat. Looks similar to my hands lol
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 08:48 AM
(#3)
SENJATROLLET's Avatar
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
Im a bit noob, dont know what 50nl means.

However it was 0.25/0.50 headsup nlhe
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 11:08 AM
(#4)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,479
(Head Trainer)
Post the entire hand history in the future. What you posted is incomplete... we don't see the preflop action at all, is it single raised, 3b, etc? On the flop you show the villain acting first, and on the turn you acting first. On top of all that you haven't provided any villain reads, and this is pretty crucial information for heads up play, so I can't comment on how I would play the hand.

On the river though I would call. Your bet sizing is so small relative to the pot that I think we can get shoved on by the Ks for value, maybe worse, and we can get shoved on as a bluff. And it looks like the villain starts with an odd stack size so possibly weaker, and prone to more mistakes of this nature. So not exactly fist pumping but with our small river bet looking like a cheap blocking bet we can induce shoves by worse, so I call.


Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner



 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#5)
ArtySmokesPS's Avatar
Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENJATROLLET View Post
Im a bit noob, dont know what 50nl means.
However it was 0.25/0.50 headsup nlhe
If you're unclear of the terminology, then playing heads up 50NL is probably unwise unless you have a very large bankroll.
Playing heads up is a good way to go busto very quickly.
If you're new to the game, I'd suggest you play ring games of a lower stake level until you're more comfortable.
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 05:36 PM
(#6)
SENJATROLLET's Avatar
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Post the entire hand history in the future. What you posted is incomplete... we don't see the preflop action at all, is it single raised, 3b, etc? On the flop you show the villain acting first, and on the turn you acting first. On top of all that you haven't provided any villain reads, and this is pretty crucial information for heads up play, so I can't comment on how I would play the hand.

On the river though I would call. Your bet sizing is so small relative to the pot that I think we can get shoved on by the Ks for value, maybe worse, and we can get shoved on as a bluff. And it looks like the villain starts with an odd stack size so possibly weaker, and prone to more mistakes of this nature. So not exactly fist pumping but with our small river bet looking like a cheap blocking bet we can induce shoves by worse, so I call.
Oh yeh I see it now that the hand is incomplete. Sorry. Im a bit "new" when it comes to review hands.
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 05:52 PM
(#7)
SENJATROLLET's Avatar
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
If you're unclear of the terminology, then playing heads up 50NL is probably unwise unless you have a very large bankroll.
Playing heads up is a good way to go busto very quickly.
If you're new to the game, I'd suggest you play ring games of a lower stake level until you're more comfortable.
No im not new at all. Ive been a medium/high S&H Headsup Hyper Turbo player.

Meh, personally I feel its more variance doing multi table ring games.
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 06:03 PM
(#8)
SENJATROLLET's Avatar
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
Now here is the end of the hand



SENJATROLLET: calls $21.48

*** SHOW DOWN ***

*LuLuLuLu*La: shows [4c 3c] (a full house, Fours full of Threes)

SENJATROLLET: shows [2c As] (a flush, Ace high)

*LuLuLuLu*La collected $68.46 from pot



So I guess I played the hand right but was unlucky.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com