Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

My Brunson gets done by PocketRockets on river

Old
My Brunson gets done by PocketRockets on river - Wed Jan 23, 2013, 05:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
Its ok though, I was only warming up for PSO open game

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 05:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TR1V1A!

With 2 10 off, I don't care how many players limp in front of me, I'm mucking it every single time unless I'm in the BB and get to see the flop for free by checking. I'm not going to be paying chips to be involved in a hand with cards this bad. I'm going to muck trash hands preflop and save the chips for when there is a much better sitiation. I'm also never going to call a raise with a garbage hand preflop.

I want to be putting chips into a pot when I'm ahead, not when I'm behind and a hand this bad will be behind basically everyone at the table.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 23, 2013, 06:09 PM
(#3)
Hi John,

Yeah your right there, I will be doing what you said in future. If it starts out rubbish, it might get lucky or close but will normally finish rubbish!

Thankyou for your time.

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 11:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
This is a very easy pre-flop fold, whether you're in late position or in the SB getting a cheap completion in a family pot.
It's especially a fold because you only have 7 big blinds. You need to conserve those chips in the hope you have a "shovable" hand before the blinds next come round. Whenever you have less than 10bb, you should never be limping or over-calling pre-flop. It's shove or fold. With any hand that's not in the top 15% (and this is more like the bottom 15%!) you you should be folding.

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 01:45 AM
(#5)
Thanks Arty.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com