Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Ninja's Bankroll Builder

Old
Ninja's Bankroll Builder - Thu Jan 24, 2013, 05:18 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Ninja

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 05:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishNinja91 View Post
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Ninja
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 06:54 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi there,

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Ninja
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

Bookmark this page so that you can find it easily in the future.

Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 05:29 AM
(#4)
Thank you for getting back to me so fast

I have registered for tonight's "Getting Started" live training session and will let you know once I finish it

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 05:35 PM
(#5)
Hi Raiser, I tried opening the 'Getting Started' training session but the chat wouldn't load up, just kept going about a quarter up the loading bar are there any alternatives or will I just wait for the next 1 and hope for the best?

Ninja

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 06:13 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser, I tried opening the 'Getting Started' training session but the chat wouldn't load up, just kept going about a quarter up the loading bar are there any alternatives or will I just wait for the next 1 and hope for the best?

Ninja
No worries, please watch this video and pay special attention with the information provided about how to save your hand histories.

Let me know as soon as you've watched it.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 11:11 PM
(#7)
Done pal, next step?

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 05:52 AM
(#8)
OK so after reading some of the other members 'Bankroll Builder' threads I could kinda guess the next step, to play 'play money' 9man ring games. So I took the initiative and done that and played well if I say so myself, not many mistakes at all

Below is a hand I'm not too sure about, I knew all the players would call as they call everything pre flop so was it wrong to bet pre and put myself in the position I was?

Any comments good or bad will be greatly appreciated

P.S sorry Raiser if I'm supposed to wait to be told what to do.
Ninja

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Irish,

I think your play was fine on all streets, given how loose and silly the play money tables are. Your hand plays well multi-way so raising preflop is fine, and post flop you took actions with what rated to be the best hand to thin the field so it's fine. Bet sizing was good imo. Good fold on the river as well, loose passive players basically always have it when the draw comes home and they suddently bomb all in.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 09:30 PM
(#10)
Thanks for your analysis Dave much appreciated I did feel I played the hand well, just a shame the draws hit. It happens though and that's the beauty of poker, win some lose some. I will keep playing and post any hands that give me problems in the future to get other people's view on the hand.

Ninja

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks for your analysis Dave much appreciated I did feel I played the hand well, just a shame the draws hit. It happens though and that's the beauty of poker, win some lose some. I will keep playing and post any hands that give me problems in the future to get other people's view on the hand.

Ninja
Hi IrishNinja91,

Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 07:06 AM
(#12)
Hi Raiser I've already past the course a few days ago

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:28 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser I've already past the course a few days ago
Hi IrishNinja91,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 10:15 AM
(#14)
Thanks very much Raiser, will join the training session ASAP

Ninja

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 12:08 PM
(#15)
Received the money and will start playing now, will post any hands that gave me problems

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 03:55 AM
(#16)
Ok so here's a hand I would like an opinion on. Was it the right play to make considering he was a new player on the table and I hadn't worked out his playing style yet? I know I'm losing that more than I'm winning it but I sensed weakness from him and took advantage.

Any opinions on how I should have played this hand much appreciated

Also to let use know, I'm up to 4.60$ in my bankroll

Ninja

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:53 AM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Ok so here's a hand I would like an opinion on. Was it the right play to make considering he was a new player on the table and I hadn't worked out his playing style yet? I know I'm losing that more than I'm winning it but I sensed weakness from him and took advantage.

Any opinions on how I should have played this hand much appreciated

Also to let use know, I'm up to 4.60$ in my bankroll

Ninja
Hi IrishNinja91

Quite a bold play - I like it

However, I don't actually recommend bluffing at 2NL for several reasons. Firstly, many weak players just don't know how to fold. So you can't easily push them out of a hand with a bluff or semi-bluff bet. Secondly, most players at 2NL make more than enough mistakes on their own. So much so, that bluffing becomes an unnecessary risk. Simply be patient and once you have a strong hand (set or better) take them to valuetown.

In this spot in particular, you had no read on the villain since he was new. Bluffing works best against known players because you can take advantage of their weaknesses. Secondly, the fourth club on the river and his willingness to stay in the hand make this a very dangerous spot to bluff.

If I were to bluff I would have reraised preflop. But, I would need a good read on the villain before going this route.

In this spot, I would have played this hand as a prospective hand and just called preflop. If you flop a set, then take the guy to value town. If not, then keep the pot under control. Firing a barrel on the turn looks good. The flush draw may have scared the villain.

On the river though, I would just have checked down the hand. You have showdown value with your pocket pair. Moreover, most hands you are beating will fold to your river bet. The only hands likely to call you are the ones beating you. It is very easy to get value owned by doing this.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#18)
Thanks for your analysis Roland I'll keep that in mind not too bluff at this level unless I know I can win - which I think that all the time

But even though the level is so low, the players on the table were pretty tight, was strange cause when I was waiting for the right table, high players/flop % and big pots it seemed like a good table to make money but when I sat down it wasn't that way at all, still made a profit from it when I left though which is always good

Anyway I'll keep grinding and hopefully making money thanks again man

Ninja

Old
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:32 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Received the money and will start playing now, will post any hands that gave me problems
Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 12:07 PM
(#20)
I was in the 'Bet Sizing' training with PSO-horror77 the other day but the sound on my laptop has gone so I couldn't hear anything and my connection wasn't great so the slides were taking forever to come up I will sit in tonight's session and pay close attention to the slides and ask as many questions as possible

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com