Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Default
Saladannie Bankroll Builder - Thu Jan 24, 2013, 11:56 AM
(#1)
Saladannie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 91
Hello,

I am signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and have completed the Poker Basics and Cash Game Quizzes. I have yet to make my first cash deposit. Do I qualify for this promotion?

Saladannie

Last edited by Saladannie; Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: I added my name to the title to make the post easier to find.
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 24, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#2)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,020
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladannie View Post
Hello,

I am signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and have completed the Poker Basics and Cash Game Quizzes. I have yet to make my first cash deposit. Do I qualify for this promotion?

Saladannie
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Eagerly awaiting your reponse... - Sat Jan 26, 2013, 08:27 AM
(#3)
Saladannie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 91
thankyouverymuch
Saladannie
 
Old
Default
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 08:50 AM
(#4)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,020
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladannie View Post
thankyouverymuch
Saladannie

Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

Bookmark this page so that you can find it easily in the future.

Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Live Training Session - Sat Jan 26, 2013, 12:24 PM
(#5)
Saladannie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 91
Hello,

Have just attended one of the Getting Started Live Training Sessions (with ChewMe).

"Save Hand Histories" options is now enabled

Saladannie
 
Old
Default
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#6)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,020
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladannie View Post
Hello,

Have just attended one of the Getting Started Live Training Sessions (with ChewMe).

"Save Hand Histories" options is now enabled

Saladannie
Hi Saladannie,

We can see that you did attend the session yesterday. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before?

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.


Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Bankroll Builder Hand for Analysis - Sun Jan 27, 2013, 12:48 PM
(#7)
Saladannie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 91


The table was full when I joined, but there was an empty seat by the time I played this hand. I've gone ahead and posted it anyway - hope that's OK. As you'll see, I got lucky, risking 10 chips on a marginal hand from the small blind and flopping a straight. Do you think I should have bet bigger on the flop to try and force out the opponents and avoid the possibility of being beaten by a diamond flush?

Funnily enough, the hand that immediately followed this also ended with me holding a winning Ten to Ace straight. I've posted this one below. Here I started with Qs Ac on the button and opened the betting pre-flop. I think I should have bet bigger, at least by adding another 80 for all the limpers. I feel I could have got more money into the pot by the end. Perhaps I should have bet on the flop and turn instead of checking - what do you think? Again there was the risk of being beaten by a diamond flush, but I guessed that the opponents were betting on two pairs at most.



I look forward to your feedback - thanks in advance!
Salad_Annie
 
Old
Default
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:31 PM
(#8)
Roland GTX's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladannie View Post


The table was full when I joined, but there was an empty seat by the time I played this hand. I've gone ahead and posted it anyway - hope that's OK. As you'll see, I got lucky, risking 10 chips on a marginal hand from the small blind and flopping a straight. Do you think I should have bet bigger on the flop to try and force out the opponents and avoid the possibility of being beaten by a diamond flush?

Funnily enough, the hand that immediately followed this also ended with me holding a winning Ten to Ace straight. I've posted this one below. Here I started with Qs Ac on the button and opened the betting pre-flop. I think I should have bet bigger, at least by adding another 80 for all the limpers. I feel I could have got more money into the pot by the end. Perhaps I should have bet on the flop and turn instead of checking - what do you think? Again there was the risk of being beaten by a diamond flush, but I guessed that the opponents were betting on two pairs at most.



I look forward to your feedback - thanks in advance!
Salad_Annie
Hi Saladannie

First hand 810o: In general you want to be careful about playing marginal hands from bad position like the small blind. Completing from the small blind is a common leak. In this spot is was fine though since so many limpers were in the hand. This becomes a prosective hand. You will not win often with this hand, but usually win a big pot when you flop a set, straight or flush. This works best with pocket pairs, suited connectors or Axs.

Nice flop! I would suggest pot sized bets on the flop and turn. You don't want to scare away the hands you are beating. The river is a scare card since anyone chasing a flush just made it. At real money tables, with an all in raise and a caller, I would expect one of the villains to have a flush and folded.

Second hand AQ: Here you have a good starting hand and great position. I like that you raised preflop. However, I suggest raising more. The standard bet size is 3x plus 1x for each limper. Let's say 160 or so.

Checking the flop and turn was smart. Don't try to c-bet or bluff against multiple opponents.

The river gives you a straight, but it also makes a flush possible. I would suggest just calling the bet rather than reraising. This keeps you safe in an unclear spot.

Nice pot though

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:21 AM
(#9)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,020
(Community Coordinator)
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Poker Basics Quiz - Mon Jan 28, 2013, 02:01 PM
(#10)
Saladannie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 91
Hi Paul,

I have already studied the Poker Basics and Cash Games courses and completed both quizzes (some time around October/November I think).

thankyouverymuch,
Salad_Annie
 
Old
Default
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 05:41 AM
(#11)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,020
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladannie View Post
Hi Paul,

I have already studied the Poker Basics and Cash Games courses and completed both quizzes (some time around October/November I think).

thankyouverymuch,
Salad_Annie
Hi Saladannie,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Bankroll Builder Funds - Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:45 AM
(#12)
Saladannie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 91
Received!

thankyouverymuch
Saladannie
 
Old
Default
Bet Sizing Live Training Session - Tue Jan 29, 2013, 07:06 PM
(#13)
Saladannie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 91
Hello,

Just letting you know that I attended a Bet Sizing Training today. It was a very helpful reminder.

I'm currently playing on a 1/2 cent full ring table and doing pretty well - shall post hands forthwith

thankyouverymuch
Salad_Annie
 
Old
Default
Real Money hands for analysis - Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:51 PM
(#14)
Saladannie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 91


I lost this hand and wondered if I should have folded pre-flop. I was using the Starting Hand Chart and trying to figure out what "Call 20" is all about. Were the stacks too small to bet pre-flop? In retrospect I think I should have folded on the flop... Do you agree?

The following hand I flopped an A-10 straight - nice! Although I won it, I felt I could have made more of the hand and got more money into the pot. What do you think?



thankyouverymuch,
Salad_Annie
 
Old
Default
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 07:49 AM
(#15)
Roland GTX's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladannie View Post


I lost this hand and wondered if I should have folded pre-flop. I was using the Starting Hand Chart and trying to figure out what "Call 20" is all about. Were the stacks too small to bet pre-flop? In retrospect I think I should have folded on the flop... Do you agree?

The following hand I flopped an A-10 straight - nice! Although I won it, I felt I could have made more of the hand and got more money into the pot. What do you think?



thankyouverymuch,
Salad_Annie
Hi Saladannie

First hand 88: A read would help to know how to best play this preflop. Calling is one option, this creates a spot where you typically have to fold to a missed flop or use your position to bluff the villain into folding.

Reraising is the other option. Reriaing can be very good. It looks strong. However, you made a min-raise rather than the standard 3x. You made it 10 rather than 18cents. This gave the villain incentive to call you and continue with the hand. had you reraised to 18 and the villain had come over the top with a 4-bet, then you have an easy fold.

As played, there are two overcards on the flop. Calling as you did is only good if you intend to bluff the turn. When the villain checked the turn a solid 50% pot bet may very well have got the villain to fold second best pair. I suggest folding since you missed your set.

I would suggest waiting with bluffs as described above until you get more experience. Playing your hands honestly is profitable at 2NL. Bet/raise your strong hands and fold your missed hands. Let your opponents make the mistakes for you

Hope this helps!

Second hand J10o:

Preflop I suggest sticking to standard bet sizes. Make it 3x rather than when opening. When you get 3-bet J10 is not strong enough to call with. You should fold here every time. Getting a perfect flop like you did just won't happen often enough to make it profitable. Moreover, too often you will flop top pair and lose a big pot to a villain with a better kicker, such as A10 or AJ.

As played, nice flop, and the villain bets. Again, I strongly recommend sticking to the standard bet sizes. Don't get fancy. It becomes obvious you have a strong hand AND gives an opponent a cheap chance to catch a lucky card. 3x the bet which means just put the villain all in.

Notice also that you do not have a lock on the hand. With boards like this we often end up splitting the pot. Or if they have two pair or a set, they get a full house by the river.

Finally, you got the villain's entire stack. So, there was no more value to be gotten out of this hand.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX
 
Old
Default
Hand Analysis - Wed Jan 30, 2013, 11:16 AM
(#16)
Saladannie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 91
Many thanks for your insights Greg (Roland), which I am finding very helpful. It's great to get this kind of feedback. I have much to learn about Poker psychology and I see that I need to be more disciplined about the hands I fold and play, which requires patience!

Cheers,
Salad_Annie
 
Old
Default
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 03:42 PM
(#17)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,020
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladannie View Post
Many thanks for your insights Greg (Roland), which I am finding very helpful. It's great to get this kind of feedback. I have much to learn about Poker psychology and I see that I need to be more disciplined about the hands I fold and play, which requires patience!

Cheers,
Salad_Annie
Hi Saladannie,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Cash Game Quiz - Wed Jan 30, 2013, 04:48 PM
(#18)
Saladannie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 91
Hello Raiser,

Actually I already studied the Cash Game course and passed the Cash Quiz (some time around November, I think), but I shall re-read the course anyway.

Cheers,
Salad_Annie

Last edited by Saladannie; Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 04:57 PM..
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 07:29 AM
(#19)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,020
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladannie View Post
Hello Raiser,

Actually I already studied the Cash Game course and passed the Cash Quiz (some time around November, I think), but I shall re-read the course anyway.

Cheers,
Salad_Annie
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables).

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Second buy-in - Thu Jan 31, 2013, 09:36 AM
(#20)
Saladannie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 91
Thank you kindly. This is a great way to start playing real money poker! I managed to double my initial $2 and now have a bankroll of $6.21, which I shall use wisely

Learning is fun.

Monster hands to you!
Salad_Annie
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com