Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Perhalik´s 2013 goals - time vault challenge

Old
Red face
Perhalik´s 2013 goals - time vault challenge - Fri Jan 25, 2013, 05:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hi guys,
my PS name is perhalik and Im playing online poker for some time. I started 4 years ago on Fulltilt, I won some league and after they were closed, I took a 2 years break. Now Im back here on PS.
First thing I want to mention is, that I never deposit my own money. I was student past 6 years and I always made my way through some promotions, freerolls etc. In November 2012 i participated in Bankrollbuilder promotion here on PSO and I made it from 2 USD to 24 in 2 weeks. After that i was on tilt and dropped back to 5 USD. I dont know what was I doing! I started playing zoom and I was too aggresive.

So what is my goal in this year?

1) build my bankroll to 500$.

Im playing 2NLH tables, now with 1$ buyin. I need to made it to 20$ to start buyin in for 2$.

2)Im playin my second month of Open league, I cashed in the first month (woooow), now I have my 20+ status so the money output will rise a little. I want to qualify for Skill league, but Im not sure, If I will have enough time to do that. Goal is to end up on less than 1000 position in each tournament.

3)Revise of my play. I want to use you guys to tell me, what im doing wrong in some situations, or if I have just bad luck. Hand analyzer is a great tool and it is part of this challenge to post difficult hands. I want to change from break even player to rising player.

Im getting new job next month, so I will not have much free time to play. My GF is also very time-consuming and I dont want to change for poker. So I want to have fun, improve my play and if everything will go right, to have 500$ in the bankroll .

Last edited by perhalik; Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM..

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 05:51 AM
(#2)
What software are you using for storing stats on opponents?

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 06:08 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
What software are you using for storing stats on opponents?
pokertracker and holdem manager both have one month free trial to try it out

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 07:09 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Pft! Girlfriends are overrated

Software wise I stand with Holdem Manager, tried both HM and PT ages ago and found HM more appealing to me, PT confused me with all that BB crap, but if you ask around you'll find people swearing whatever they use is better, so I would say download them all and try them yourself, so you can make your own choice.

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 03:22 PM
(#5)
its time for little update: My GF is away for this week and finally I have some time to play. My bankroll is about 13 USD right now, playing little zoom and doing quite good. But I have to tell, that folloving hand just blowed my mind!!! What do you think? Bad luck??

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 03:24 PM
(#6)
its time for little update: My GF is away for this week and finally I have some time to play. My bankroll is about 13 USD right now, playing little zoom and doing quite good. But I have to tell, that folloving hand just blowed my mind!!! What do you think? Bad luck??

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 07:58 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Surely bad luck, as he's got a nice hand starting with nothing, but you could have avoided it, with the second deuce he raises 4x, should tell you something. If he had a deeper stack I would've probably called to see the river, Aces or hearts (bar the T) give us a better hand, but with the little he's got left for the pot I would probably call myself out.

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 06:29 PM
(#8)
another funny hand today!!! But I have to admit I was greedy :-( I had pretty decent stack, climbing up and I wanted to sit out and deposit. But I got into this hand:

I had some read on this guy, knowing that hes playing low pairs with really big aggresion....so I called. When I saw his hand I was smilling, but river changed everything. Ok, my bad, have to earn those money again :-)

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 06:38 PM
(#9)
Can some moderator tell me, if my thread was submitted to time vault challenge??

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 06:53 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by perhalik View Post
Can some moderator tell me, if my thread was submitted to time vault challenge??
Hi

Please see

As long as you have your challenge thread open and your blog in the blog section you should be fine

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 02, 2013, 09:13 PM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2012
Guess it makes life a little easier when you meet your GF on a poker table (Even if you do discuss to death some hands and almost end up sleeping on the couch)

Old
Sun Feb 03, 2013, 06:19 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by massive_set View Post
Guess it makes life a little easier when you meet your GF on a poker table (Even if you do discuss to death some hands and almost end up sleeping on the couch)

:-D I am sure, I will never meet her at the tables. She is so affraid of loosing money, that she will never put a cent in the game. I taught her some poker basics, but she never know how to play awesome hands. She is not competitive at all

But she is very good cook

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#13)
Today my BR reached 30$ wooooot

Old
Tue Feb 05, 2013, 11:41 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Grats!

Old
Fri Feb 08, 2013, 12:27 PM
(#15)
today session:

I started with running 3 times in a row into AA, all hands with AK, like the hand ilustrated :-)
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...226_CDFAEA9271

But at the end I managed how to squeeze some juice from this play. I tightened some screews that been loose in my play and this is how it ended after one hour play.

summary:
cash: + 3,5$
VPP: +12

Old
Mon Feb 18, 2013, 04:48 PM
(#16)
I know that nobody is reading my updates but anyway:

I returned from skiing and tried one session. I have to tell, that even third hand made me crazy!!

If anyone would read this thread, please answer, If you would call that bet if you were villain. Thx.

After couple hundred hands I tightened a little bit more my play, but I got sucked out pretty badly. Dond know what I was doing bad, propably small bets, Thats usually my mistake. I ended up in little loss.

Its loss, but I will earn that back tomorrow. Now its time to get to bed.

Old
Mon Feb 18, 2013, 05:08 PM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2010
Wow 84 I happy to attempt a steal with that but any rerasise is seeing me folding fast.

Congrates on the Chrome star,

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 01:13 PM
(#18)
not even AA in late position, preflop allin is not enough :-)

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 03:00 PM
(#19)
todays zooming was terrible:
I started to use Holdem manager, but i just see my bad progress today. have to tell, that most of my loss was due lucky guys on river.

As you can see: the most losing hands were as follows:
KK vs QQ allin preflop (he hit trips on river)
9T vs TK, flop allin (hit K on river)
QQ vs AA allin preflop
AJ vs JQ hit second pair on river
AK vs 99 hit trips on flop
QQ vs AA..allin preflop
JJ vs AK...flop allin, he hit straight on river.

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#20)
Im slowly moving back to the top :-P
todays winnings 1,48 USD

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com