Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Really uncertain as to my line here

Old
Really uncertain as to my line here - Fri Jan 25, 2013, 08:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
This is on Full Tilt so hand replayer won't work, this is the best I can do visually.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4838083

I'm thinking with so many limpers I'm only building a pot for someone else in this spot. Villian who won for instance is 56% VPiP and 18% PFR so he's not folding because he has already chips invested in the pot. His agg factor is only 0.9 which is a worry, I think my line is fine from the flop onwards but I'm open to discussion.

I'm just not really sure how my line should be pre flop (and post flop if I made a mistake)

--------------------------------------------------------

Full Tilt Poker Game #31969445453: Table Warbler - $0.10/$0.20 - Limit Hold'em - 19:46:13 ET - 2013/01/25
Seat 1: vif2007 ($1.30)
Seat 3: kimjyoung ($4.73)
Seat 4: secondbest ($3.02)
Seat 5: Jefta77 ($1.52)
Seat 6: Shakhbazi ($2.10)
Seat 7: Ivacko ($1.70)
Seat 8: GlentoranMark ($5.78)
Seat 9: troublemaker166 ($5.55)
GlentoranMark posts the small blind of $0.05
troublemaker166 posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GlentoranMark [Kc Ac]
vif2007 calls $0.10
kimjyoung folds
secondbest calls $0.10
Jefta77 calls $0.10
Shakhbazi raises to $0.20
Ivacko folds
GlentoranMark calls $0.15
troublemaker166 calls $0.10
vif2007 calls $0.10
secondbest calls $0.10
Jefta77 folds
*** FLOP *** [Kd Jc 3s] (Total Pot: $1.10, 5 Players)
GlentoranMark bets $0.10
troublemaker166 raises to $0.20
vif2007 calls $0.20
secondbest has 15 seconds left to act
secondbest folds
Shakhbazi calls $0.20
GlentoranMark raises to $0.30
troublemaker166 calls $0.10
vif2007 calls $0.10
Shakhbazi calls $0.10
*** TURN *** [Kd Jc 3s] [7c] (Total Pot: $2.30, 4 Players)
GlentoranMark bets $0.20
troublemaker166 calls $0.20
vif2007 calls $0.20
Shakhbazi calls $0.20
*** RIVER *** [Kd Jc 3s 7c] [8s] (Total Pot: $3.10, 4 Players)
GlentoranMark checks
troublemaker166 bets $0.20
vif2007 folds
Shakhbazi folds
GlentoranMark calls $0.20
*** SHOW DOWN ***
troublemaker166 shows [Js 3d] two pair, Jacks and Threes
GlentoranMark mucks
troublemaker166 wins the pot ($3.33) with two pair, Jacks and Threes
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $3.50 | Rake $0.17
Board: [Kd Jc 3s 7c 8s]
Seat 1: vif2007 folded on the River
Seat 3: kimjyoung didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: secondbest folded on the Flop
Seat 5: Jefta77 folded before the Flop
Seat 6: Shakhbazi folded on the River
Seat 7: Ivacko (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: GlentoranMark (small blind) mucked [Kc Ac] - a pair of Kings
Seat 9: troublemaker166 (big blind) showed [Js 3d] and won ($3.33) with two pair, Jacks and Threes

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 08:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
yes preflop raise 3x +1 per limper

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 08:45 PM
(#3)
Limit hand Grade and in the Limit hand cash analysis

I've stats at the same full ring table above of 19% VPiP 13% PFR 1.1 agg factor and 7.7% 3bet in 100 hands and I've lost half my stack. They just keep calling until they hit

It's doing my head in and I like the game but I'm only a marginal winner overall in Limit Cash but a 12% winner in Limit STTs, maybe I need a break

Old
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 09:26 PM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Oval,

Preflop I prefer to 3-bet the field with AKs. You obviously won't get the raiser to fold preflop ever (nor should he), but you can actually thin the field some with a reraise, confronting the big blind and the limpers with having to call 2 more bets cold (plus face a possible cap from the original raiser)... any of them may fold to this action. And AKs plays fine multi-way as well. Yes we're building the pot and no we won't win it all the time, but limit hold'em is all about making +EV wagers, and preflop you should have a +EV wager with AKs against a field of marginal weak hands, particularly Ax and Kx which are favorite limping hands.

Post flop play I agree it's fine... although since you didn't 3b preflop I would consider checking to the raiser, as you're first and he acts last. If it checks around to him and he c-bets, you can check-raise and confront the field with a double bet, which gives them a worse price to take a card off with marginal hands and gut shots, and is your best chance to give your top-top some protection from the multi-way field.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 07:47 AM
(#5)
It's playing out of position and in the small blind why I decided to call instead of raise. Especially villain who has put one blind in the pot and so feels compelled to commit more chips to the pot because he's already in the pot. Is it a mistake to limp here? Should I be raising to the river knowing there are calling stations that won't fold?

I can get away with mistakes like this in Limit STTs because of the game dynamics. I can change gears and my game as needed but in cash tables the blinds stay the same. It was a costly day yesterday relative to my FT balance

Really annoyed with my play and the fact that any premium I had never held up or got a walk.

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 02:38 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
I think you're asking the same questions I've already answered... I would 3b preflop, you are both getting more money in with a premium starting hand and possibly thinning the field vs. the bb and limpers. Post flop putting more bets in with the best of it is adding to your long term earn, yes.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 03:47 PM
(#7)
Thanks again Dave, I understand your answer and it's small mistakes that snowball. I know I must look at things from the bigger perspective but I haven't much of a bankroll on FT so big hits like this hurt. I'm still sensibly bankrolling on FT but like anyone I'd rather win than drop stakes.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com