Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Jan 26, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi there,

I would like to join this promotion and try to learn how to play poker with the help of the teachers here.

I have registered and tried to play games, but it seems I don't understand yet some "how-to" about the poker, because I always lose, even when I think I have the winning hand.

So far, I have completed some of the lessons on the Basic Course, and I think that I accidentally passed the end of the course quiz (I thought that was the in-lesson quiz) due to some strange navigation on this site. The strange thing is that the quiz is offered after the end of the lesson 1 in Introduction, and the button is much more obvious then the link to the next lesson.

I've tried to play in freeroll tournaments, using the play from the course - tight aggressive. But, even when I had ace and king of the same suit, and raised a lot - people still called, and then managed to get a set (can't post the hand, as I didn't know I can save it before looking at this site)

Thanks.

Old
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#2)
Also,

in this hand I had flush. But I was building to straight flush, and lost to the flush which was Ace high.

I know its about a luck at that point, but how do I fold the hand which is flush - what do the experienced players do in such situations? Hope the other player is bluffing? Hope that the river card will complete the straight flush draw? Calculating outs doesn't seem to help at this point - its more like flipping the coin and guessing if it will come or not.

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 05:45 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Important: Please do not do any of the steps until you are asked to do them. Doing steps before you are at that stage may mean you miss out on some bonuses and will delay the process.

Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 05:52 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Important: Please do not do any of the steps until you are asked to do them. Doing steps before you are at that stage may mean you miss out on some bonuses and will delay the process.

Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser
Hello,

I have attended all of today's training sessions with Andy (ahar10).

It was informative.

Could you tell me what to do next and what to do with the PSO Member (Multi Tournament) ticket?

Thanks

Last edited by howleruz; Sun Jan 27, 2013 at 05:55 AM..

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 05:54 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by howleruz View Post
Hello,

I have attended all of today's training sessions with Andy (ahar10).

Also, I am currently almost done with the second course - Cash Game.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 05:56 AM
(#6)
Oh, sorry. Didn't notice that part. Ok, I will stop now.

So, what's next?

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 06:00 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Oh, sorry. Didn't notice that part. Ok, I will stop now.

So, what's next?
Hi howleruz,

Please check back tomorrow and we'll advise on the next step once our system has updated.

You will always get at least on reply ever 24 hours.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 06:16 AM
(#8)
Alright! )

Thanks!

About the Game Basics course - the image above is the screenshot. I went back to the course and made it, because it seems to me that the button to take-the-end-of-the-course-exam (1) should be not there, but maybe below the button of move-to-the-next-lesson (2)

Old
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 03:13 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Thanks, I'll pass on that info

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#10)
Alright, here is my hand:

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 08:39 AM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Alright, here is my hand:

Hi howleruz

Personally, I just fold JQo from midposition, especially at loose tables like you find at play money. Too often you lose big pots with second best hand by getting out kicked. I would open with a raise from the CO or btn with this hand.

As played, your preflop raise size seems fine. You flopped an openeded straight draw which is good. You raised preflop, so firing a c-bet looks ok. Now when your c-bet gets called by a big stack. We need to get carefull. He is not going to fold too easily.

When he checks the turn to you I suggest taking the free card. If you make your straight on the river you will win a nice pot. While you can check-fold the river if you miss. A deep stacked player that called your bets preflop and on the flop is not likely to fold again. Moreover, he might reraise you on the turn pushing you out of the hand. Keep the pot small until you have a strong hand, then take them to valuetown

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 06:31 AM
(#13)
Sorry for delay in replying, I have passed the quiz by now.

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 07:00 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Sorry for delay in replying, I have passed the quiz by now.
Hi howleruz,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 07:58 AM
(#15)
Hello. Please help. I can't understand where I should play. I go to the Sit & Go games, but they are all tournaments I think, and the minimum I found was 0.80, which is not 0.01 or 0.02 as you told me to play.

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 08:02 AM
(#16)
Oh, I found a table at Hold'em -> No Limit -> Dibaj IV

Is this the kind of table I need to play at?

Old
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 05:21 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Oh, I found a table at Hold'em -> No Limit -> Dibaj IV

Is this the kind of table I need to play at?
Yes, only play the 1/2 cent limit.

After playing in these games post a hand here for review using the hand replayer that you found difficult.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 01:07 AM
(#18)
Here is a hand I played that had me scared for its results:

I won in the end, but I was afraid to lose. What do you think?

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 01:09 AM
(#19)
Here is a hand I played that had me scared for its results:

I won in the end, but I was afraid to lose. What do you think?

Old
Fri Feb 01, 2013, 02:27 AM
(#20)
Alright, I have now lost everything =((

I entered table with $1 out of 2 I had, won up to $2, then lost everything to a higher stack player. I then added my remaining $1 to play more, but I think I made a mistake, got frustrated with it and lost everything. I guess I shouldn't play when frustrated with lack of success.

Is there going to be another $2 for trying to play the cash games?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com