Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Opinions please!

Old
Default
Opinions please! - Sat Jan 26, 2013, 02:14 PM
(#1)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Hi guys and girls, my apologies in advance for posting this in this section, but I could not work out the best relevant place to put this.

Opinions please, would any one think If I started a staking thread that any one would be mad enough to stake me?

I have been considering this for my goals challenge, instead of shots, apply for a shot stake once a week.

Please mods,move this to the relevant section, if you feel this inappropriate forum place.

I thank you in advance for your opinions
 
Old
Default
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 02:48 PM
(#2)
Grade b's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,604
I will have to say given the slightly argumentative image and some of your slightly controversial posts, that you will not get many takers however someone may be willing to take a risk so put a offer in and see if you get a backer. You never know,

Grade b


I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sat Jan 26, 2013, 03:07 PM
(#3)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
I will have to say given the slightly argumentative image and some of your slightly controversial posts, that you will not get many takers however someone may be willing to take a risk so put a offer in and see if you get a backer. You never know,

Grade b

Thanks B, yes good idea, I just feel though if I put in a stake request and no one does offer. it may have effect on my game,

and I may feel emotionally detached,

I know I seem like a *****r at times, but most of the topics I do start ,they go beyond poker thoughts, and down to the physics of the game.


I do not really believe any of my thoughts as logic always tells me there is no actual proof.
So to believe any theory etc, with out proof would make me insane, but it is actually the opposite and I am quite sane.


Lately I have found the answers that I needed, and narrowed it down finally to what I meant.

And got the answers that the people with the superior knowledge, are all ready studying what I was saying but not saying to well.


So no longer is it in my hands, I have had my self gratification, I am now complete. And the rest I am not technically minded enough to even think about.

Now its game on.......
 
Old
Default
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 08:49 AM
(#4)
dertymcgerty's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 95
If they had a little doo hicky whatcha mah callit slot where I could insert crappy tire money and they took it at par then I wouldn't hestitate to stake you for a much better laugh than I already get from reading your over the top tinfoil hat wearing ideology.

Maybe ask your kids for their permission to bust open their piggy banks for your next run at your pipedream of fame and fortune.
 
Old
Default
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 08:51 AM
(#5)
Cairn Destop's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,477
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post

I do not really believe any of my thoughts as logic always tells me there is no actual proof.
So to believe any theory etc, with out proof would make me insane, but it is actually the opposite and I am quite sane.


I was going to let that line pass, but had to reply. The reason your poker theories remain such is your employment of the ostrich principle. If people present facts that disagree with your concept, stick your head in the sand, your fingers in your ears, and scream "La La La" as loud as possible.

People with far more poker knowledge, or numerical knowledge, have proven your ideas are pure (censored), but you choose to ignore it. I haven't mined your threads for every offcentered idea, but the two that stand our are your roulette theory and the multiple unplayed deck one.





As to finding somebody to stake you, I thought your brother agreed to do that.
 
Old
Default
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 10:01 AM
(#6)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by dertymcgerty View Post
If they had a little doo hicky whatcha mah callit slot where I could insert crappy tire money and they took it at par then I wouldn't hestitate to stake you for a much better laugh than I already get from reading your over the top tinfoil hat wearing ideology.

Maybe ask your kids for their permission to bust open their piggy banks for your next run at your pipedream of fame and fortune.
You learnt me dude. I know what to do.
 
Old
Default
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 10:05 AM
(#7)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
I was going to let that line pass, but had to reply. The reason your poker theories remain such is your employment of the ostrich principle. If people present facts that disagree with your concept, stick your head in the sand, your fingers in your ears, and scream "La La La" as loud as possible.

People with far more poker knowledge, or numerical knowledge, have proven your ideas are pure (censored), but you choose to ignore it. I haven't mined your threads for every offcentered idea, but the two that stand our are your roulette theory and the multiple unplayed deck one.





As to finding somebody to stake you, I thought your brother agreed to do that.

My brother offered when he was here, he as now quit stars for life.
And i am not going to talk theories Cairn, not any more, and I think in the next few years you will think back and remember me. I think you are all going to be in for a huge shock.
 
Old
Default
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 10:06 AM
(#8)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
You learnt me dude. I know what to do.
And to add, I stil got my play chips that I use well
 
Old
Default
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 12:27 PM
(#9)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
And also if any one had bothered to think about such theories as the roulette theory, you would of realized that this is no more than a different way to look at averages and probabilities.


And nothing what so ever to do with gamblers falacy or been crazy.
 
Old
Default
Sun Jan 27, 2013, 06:41 PM
(#10)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
I'm not even going to bother with your theories and all the rest in opining why I think no one is going to take you up on your stake offer,OR be either a glutton for punishment or dangerously unhinged if they DO accept your up on it.

Because the reasons not to that go above and beyond those considerations are even more germane to what a staker/horse relationship consists of and why you would be a singularly poor choice for a horse.

Look at your own thread for the goals challenge holdem.

Within one week we have seen you go from...

...goals mapped out,started,things going good,I'm the cat's ass,to...


...luck has turned,it's always against me,we need burn cards,meh,to...

...I'm quitting (yet again),to...

...I'm back,playing ABC Tag (like a robot in your words)is no fun,so I'm gonna be me,to...

...shipped 3 45 man's in a day,I'm God's gift to the game,to...

...Poker Gods,Stars' RNG,no burn cards,no multiple decks,The Loch Ness Monster,family distractions,boredom,the ghost of John Barleycorn,SOMETHING,must be against me because it CAN'T be my fault,to...

...I'm taking a break (oh no's,not again,who could've seen THAT coming?...).

And you seriously wonder why no one wants to stake you?

Holdem YOU called for someone to come forward and put you on a schedule of games to be played so as to instill some discipline into your game. Joker graciously stepped forward to do so and you quit this exercise in less time than it took him to devise the schedule.

And you expect someone to believe that you'll adhere to a schedule within a staking deal?

Most stakers are looking for horses that the staker is ahead of in their poker development and for the horses to be running un games that the staker is both familiar in and has beat. This way if they see the horse making correctable mistakes they can coach then along.

You've given no one any indication to believe that you would be capable of being coached. Plenty of peeps have given you reams of good advice in this forum only to be ignored,argued with,ridiculed,treated with scorn or all of the above. No potential staker is going to sign up for that kind of aggravation.

Add to all of this the fact that you tilt harder than a famous tower in Italy and I'm personally going to be shocked if anyone comes forward to accept your offer.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 12:10 PM
(#11)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
I'm not even going to bother with your theories and all the rest in opining why I think no one is going to take you up on your stake offer,OR be either a glutton for punishment or dangerously unhinged if they DO accept your up on it.

Because the reasons not to that go above and beyond those considerations are even more germane to what a staker/horse relationship consists of and why you would be a singularly poor choice for a horse.

Look at your own thread for the goals challenge holdem.

Within one week we have seen you go from...

...goals mapped out,started,things going good,I'm the cat's ass,to...


...luck has turned,it's always against me,we need burn cards,meh,to...

...I'm quitting (yet again),to...

...I'm back,playing ABC Tag (like a robot in your words)is no fun,so I'm gonna be me,to...

...shipped 3 45 man's in a day,I'm God's gift to the game,to...

...Poker Gods,Stars' RNG,no burn cards,no multiple decks,The Loch Ness Monster,family distractions,boredom,the ghost of John Barleycorn,SOMETHING,must be against me because it CAN'T be my fault,to...

...I'm taking a break (oh no's,not again,who could've seen THAT coming?...).

And you seriously wonder why no one wants to stake you?

Holdem YOU called for someone to come forward and put you on a schedule of games to be played so as to instill some discipline into your game. Joker graciously stepped forward to do so and you quit this exercise in less time than it took him to devise the schedule.

And you expect someone to believe that you'll adhere to a schedule within a staking deal?

Most stakers are looking for horses that the staker is ahead of in their poker development and for the horses to be running un games that the staker is both familiar in and has beat. This way if they see the horse making correctable mistakes they can coach then along.

You've given no one any indication to believe that you would be capable of being coached. Plenty of peeps have given you reams of good advice in this forum only to be ignored,argued with,ridiculed,treated with scorn or all of the above. No potential staker is going to sign up for that kind of aggravation.

Add to all of this the fact that you tilt harder than a famous tower in Italy and I'm personally going to be shocked if anyone comes forward to accept your offer.

So true Mox, but to be honest rather than tilting im just sort of posting my feelings in my goal thread.

I am still not tilty, but will not let myself be demoralised and yes i think i made that word up, by not been staked no worries I can certainly do it myself anyway.

People are over looking though that when the pressure is on I perform at my best.

BUt no worries I am retracting my stake offer and understand with no bad feelings towards any one.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 05:25 PM
(#12)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
"I will NOT let joker down because he had faith in me. I'm not the kind of person who let's people who put trust in me down".

I'm paraphrasing there a little to be sure,BUT that was the gist of what you had to say in the thread wherein you were going to adhere to a schedule devised by Joker to give you some sort of BR and time commitment discipline.

You quit the exercise in less than 2 days.

That's how you define performing at your best when the pressure's on?

Huh,interesting.

Look,this is not me having a go at you,this is me trying to tell you,for the umpteenth time,that one massive blind spot in your game is your lack of honesty or self-awareness about your strengths and weaknesses and how this cripples you in the long run.

For example,when Americans are allowed to play here once again I can guarantee you that you will NEVER see me ask for a stake,nor take one were it offered (I was approached several times when we could play here to be a horse,always said no...).

Why?

Simple,I'm honest enough with myself to know and admit that playing with someone else's money on the line would be crippling to my game. I don't mind effing it up for myself,but messing up for someone else would gnaw at me. So much so that I would be too fixated on the results instead of actually playing poker and trying to make as many +EV decisions as possible.

You say that you don't tilt and that you perform at your best under pressure.

I say that you are either unaware or just deluding yourself on both counts and I don't even have to argue the point.

One and a half years of your OWN posts make my case for me.

Think about that and be completely honest with yourself,you'll be better off for it.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 06:06 PM
(#13)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
Well - and here is a surprise. I would consider staking HoldemAce.

Because, despite the occasional weird theories, and multiple 'I busted again' lines, at least I think there is a poker thinking brain and somebody who has obviously gained a modicum of experience of poker at the tables, and somebody who has also (necessarily), probably been given more good advice than any other player here, though not sure how much of that has gotten through yet.

If I ever did, I would want to put very tight restrictions on the stakes/game types and want a large proportion of any profit due to perceived risk.

But then, I wouldn't back myself, although I have had offers, and in the staking game, you should presumably bet on the proven known winners, like Marv and Sand, and the pros/trainers.

So lets hope the good old US of A (Lango/Mox/Cairn et al) can give us a better option, but for now - back the ace - or me - or anybody else - so long as you know your odds and outs.

Caveat emptor, as we say in Edinburgh.

Ed


4 Time Bracelet Winner



Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 06:09 PM..
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:29 PM
(#14)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
"I will NOT let joker down because he had faith in me. I'm not the kind of person who let's people who put trust in me down".

I'm paraphrasing there a little to be sure,BUT that was the gist of what you had to say in the thread wherein you were going to adhere to a schedule devised by Joker to give you some sort of BR and time commitment discipline.

You quit the exercise in less than 2 days.

That's how you define performing at your best when the pressure's on?

Huh,interesting.

Look,this is not me having a go at you,this is me trying to tell you,for the umpteenth time,that one massive blind spot in your game is your lack of honesty or self-awareness about your strengths and weaknesses and how this cripples you in the long run.

For example,when Americans are allowed to play here once again I can guarantee you that you will NEVER see me ask for a stake,nor take one were it offered (I was approached several times when we could play here to be a horse,always said no...).

Why?

Simple,I'm honest enough with myself to know and admit that playing with someone else's money on the line would be crippling to my game. I don't mind effing it up for myself,but messing up for someone else would gnaw at me. So much so that I would be too fixated on the results instead of actually playing poker and trying to make as many +EV decisions as possible.

You say that you don't tilt and that you perform at your best under pressure.

I say that you are either unaware or just deluding yourself on both counts and I don't even have to argue the point.

One and a half years of your OWN posts make my case for me.

Think about that and be completely honest with yourself,you'll be better off for it.
I have not let Joker down in the slightest sense. The schedule he made me and his help as helped me to the stage I am at now.
I have not tilted once. Ok maybe a little, but I have stuck to discipline.
I just needed closure.

Joker puts me straight on a few things, and nothing to do with play.

In fact you all have helped me and I have to admit.

As for someones else's money, I will play the same, win or loose I can only do my best.
And I have not asked for a huge stake, once a week from as little as 50c.
Just my weekly shot.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 07:34 PM
(#15)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
And thank you Ed, nice words and congrats did not realize you was a mod now.

And yes I have had a great 2012 of advice, I have a poker universe of knowledge now thanks to you all.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 08:35 PM
(#16)
TrumpinJoe's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
And thank you Ed, nice words and congrats did not realize you was a mod now.

And yes I have had a great 2012 of advice, I have a poker universe of knowledge now thanks to you all.
Knowledge in and of itself is useless. How that knowledge is applied is what counts. From your recent posts you have shown that you are not applying any of this new poker knowledge.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 09:06 PM
(#17)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
Knowledge in and of itself is useless. How that knowledge is applied is what counts. From your recent posts you have shown that you are not applying any of this new poker knowledge.
Well you have both riled me and interested me there Joe.

As s bit of an epistemoligist I take issue with your first bold statement. But I get the gist in this context.

As to aces use of his knowledge, I know I am guilty of that too, and that is maybe the big lesson for me and other players - you learn good lessons here, through training and discussion, and then you do know better, but in regular situations, your new knowledge and experience points one way, yet you still do the opposite.

That is where you hit the nail on the head with the word applied - having knowledge is fine, making best use of it, applying it, constantly and consistently is another level of thinking and discipline. I am sure that is where I fall down so often.

Ed


4 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 10:21 PM
(#18)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Well you have both riled me and interested me there Joe.

As s bit of an epistemoligist I take issue with your first bold statement. But I get the gist in this context.

As to aces use of his knowledge, I know I am guilty of that too, and that is maybe the big lesson for me and other players - you learn good lessons here, through training and discussion, and then you do know better, but in regular situations, your new knowledge and experience points one way, yet you still do the opposite.

That is where you hit the nail on the head with the word applied - having knowledge is fine, making best use of it, applying it, constantly and consistently is another level of thinking and discipline. I am sure that is where I fall down so often.

Ed
I find it is just to have the confidence, that the knowledge and the maths , actually work.

A few bad beats can send a player into super tilt on a constant basis.

Every day surroundings as effect.

Now I find my own time, my little piece of silence.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 10:48 PM
(#19)
TrumpinJoe's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Well you have both riled me and interested me there Joe.

As s bit of an epistemoligist I take issue with your first bold statement. But I get the gist in this context.
I now see knowledge as a tool. Just as a hammer in the hands of a competent carpenter can make something wonderful, the same can be used to wreck havoc through destruction. Few of us, if any, will be remembered not for what we knew but for what did with the tools at our disposal.

Enough philosophy for tonight.

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Tue Jan 29, 2013 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: corrected
 
Old
Default
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 09:22 AM
(#20)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
I now see knowledge as a tool. Just as a hammer in the hands of a competent carpenter can make something wonderful, the same can be used to wreck havoc through destruction. Few of us, if any, will be remembered but for what we knew but for what did with the tools at our disposal.

Enough philosophy for tonight.
Quality post I understand, that, is my language.

Thank you
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com